• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What's the secret to picking up a dropped ADR?

minoh

Somewhere over the rainbow
I've tried to coordinate with several people over the past week to pick up the 'Ohana reservation they were about to cancel and it never works. I keep refreshing the search for the right time, day and party size, at the very moment they drop it. What am I doing wrong? Is there a lag period? Is 'Ohana overbooked? Is some in there a split second before me, just by chance???

I've picked some up before just by being online when they hit cancel. It came available right away and I was able to book it.

Others just did not seem to show up. I know for example when BOG first opened, they overbooked and nothing that got cancelled was ever made available to the public. They just went into a black hole. Sometimes there's a reason they aren't allowing those to show back up.

I've done it before, both been the dropper and the receiver... Each time we've used times when the phone CMs were no longer available, only online. it was also at odd times, say 11:47 pm. in the case of picking up, I just kept refreshing the screen, and was able to pick up the ADR with no problems. The same was true of when I dropped the ADRs
I think when it's normal business hours you're competing with the phones and online AND there's a lot more competition, just what worked for me...

Yes, the touringplans reservation finder is great! I wish it allowed for more than 2 searches at a time. The dropped ADRs I was trying for were not among the TP searches I have going, but I agree, that's a super tool to use.

I just went to that link and it states "You must have a TouringPlans.com account in order to use our Reservation Finder tool. If you already have an account, please login and then return to this page."
This is right, you have to have a free account with them. Not a paid account. Just picked up a BOG dinner using this today- worked great!

Touringplans reservation finder. You do not have to purchase a touringplans subscription to use it. https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/reservation-finder

I just went to that link and it states "You must have a TouringPlans.com account in order to use our Reservation Finder tool. If you already have an account, please login and then return to this page."

You don't have to purchase a subscription. The reservation finder is free. I was just trying to help you get your adr.

Am I the only one the reservation finder isn't working for? I booked an ADR at CRT for 4 people but since someone else is coming need to change to 5 people. Twice they have found a reservation and twice it's been gone :(

Am I the only one the reservation finder isn't working for? I booked an ADR at CRT for 4 people but since someone else is coming need to change to 5 people. Twice they have found a reservation and twice it's been gone :(

Aww. :( keep trying. Sometimes I miss them too since I can't always jump when I get the text. I missed BOG two days ago as the text came in the wee hours and I didn't see it until my alarm went off. Hopefully, you can snag one soon!

How do you know if your request is saved on Touring Plans? I hit the green save button but there is no indication that the save is successful.
Edited: I logged out and back in and now it shows my search as active with a blue dot. Guess it saved!

Last edited:
I've missed my alert twice now. Once it was after midnight and I didn't see it until morning. Yesterday I was trying to grab the adr within 3 minutes of the alert and it was gone. This is more difficult than I thought!

I've missed my alert twice now. Once it was after midnight and I didn't see it until morning. Yesterday I was trying to grab the adr within 3 minutes of the alert and it was gone. This is more difficult than I thought!

Yes, and oftentimes even if you see it within a few minutes, it's not fast enough to actually secure the ADR. Some of those restaurants are clearly highly stalked, haha

So how does this work? Does it notify you and you jump on MDE to make a reservation?

Yes, exactly. TP sends you an email or text (you can choose either or both) and then you have to scramble to get onto MDE quickly (if it's a sought-after ADR).

Yes, exactly. TP sends you an email or text (you can choose either or both) and then you have to scramble to get onto MDE quickly (if it's a sought-after ADR).

Hoping to score a BOG reservation for the end of the month! Thanks for all the great info!

Last edited:
The reservation finder on Touring Plans worked like a charm! At 2am this morning I received a text message for CRT on 4/5 @ 9:05am. The My Disney Experience app DID NOT show this reservation available. I went onto the website and there it was! I logged out of MDE and logged back in just to see if that would change anything and it did not. From now on I don't think I'm going to use MDE for dining reservations.

I was killing myself looking for an 'Ohana adr and I signed up for this yesterday; I already got two notifications. Not the best times but better than nothing and I still have some time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter