What's the worst thing a teacher did to you at school?

My kindergarten teacher told me to sit down and shut up when I went to her crying because I had a fever and felt terrible.

2nd grade- teacher got pissed because me and my friend were talking to each other- she shoved my friends desk (the kind with the cahirs attached to the desk) to the back of the room then shoved mine to the front- desk hit the wall and I came out of the chair and head first into the wall.

4th grade- this teacher should not have been allowed around children. She would march us all to the bathroom around 11am- and that was the only time you were expected to need the bathroom. I needed to go again by the afternoon, almost every day and after the 3rd time of me asking if I could go use the bathroom she announces in front of the whole class April Gail you need to bring a note from a dr saying you have a problem and need to use the bathroom more than once a school day. I remember being SO embarrased, The next thing she did to me was announcing again to the whole class, "Boys and Girls starting tomorrow you can all bring in a pen and start using pens instead of pencils, except for April Gail because her writing is to sloppy so she has to keep using a pencil".

So my daughter went to the same grade school as me and after my 4th grade teacher experience, I made sure things like that would not happen to her. Back when I was in school parents just didn't go in and stick up for the kids, if the school did it they must be right type of thing. My daughter was in kindergarten and she had to go to the bathroom during lunch. Lunch aide would not let her and she peed herself. I am sure I over reacted due to my experiences and I was down at that school the next morning. Went right into the principal and he called in the aide- aide says "well kids just go in therer to play in the sink" I asked if MINE went in and played with the sink and she said "no" - so I told the principal that I informed my daughter if she had to go to the bathroom and was told no and she really had to go to get up and walk out- use the bathroom and go right to his office and have him call me. Never had another incident with that again. One time she asked her teacher and they were in the middle of a lesson and the teacher asked her if she could wait till the end and she said yes- that was totally reasonable,

8th grade. I was in an honors home room class. I also played the violin and had just done a solo performance at an assembly. I’m walking back to my class after the assembly and a teacher, who I had never had or even spoken to in my life, sees me walking down the hall and pulls me in to berate me about my bow at the end of my performance, about how my class thought they were so special but they were talking during the assembly, and a bunch of other stuff that I had no clue about 🤷🏽‍♀️ She really went in on me for about five minutes.

Once she released me, I started walking back to my own class when I realized I was late and would need a note, so I went back to her to tell her that I needed a note. She went in on me for another five minutes for asking and a bunch of other things that I had no clue about 🤷🏽‍♀️

Don’t know what her pet peeve was and why she took it out on me (someone she had never even met before). I had one of those mothers that if I had told her, somehow it would have been my fault, so I never said anything 😔

A teacher wrongly accused me of leaving my lunch tray in the lunch room without cleaning up, based on other kids telling him who was sitting there. I absolutely always cleaned up after myself and I actually had to stay after for detention for that. This still annoys me when I think of it (40 years later) and I despise this teacher.

A teacher wrongly accused me of leaving my lunch tray in the lunch room without cleaning up, based on other kids telling him who was sitting there. I absolutely always cleaned up after myself and I actually had to stay after for detention for that. This still annoys me when I think of it (40 years later) and I despise this teacher.

During my school years I was a pretty good student but the very first time I got in trouble at school was when I was three years old and I don't remember what I was doing but I actually shouted profanity at my teacher and my teacher had to come to my house and blamed my behavior on my grandfather and so we had to leave my grandfather's house after that. Then when I was older I was accused of talking too loud and I kept doing it during silent reading and so after my teacher had enough of my behavior she had sat me at her desk and kept reminding me of the rules of class and so I had enough and so I was about to leave when my teacher ordered me to stay seated and think about what I did and I called her every name I could think of to the point we actually got in a fight and my teacher yanked me and pulled my hair hard and then she attacked me with a timer. The only one who knew about it was my mom and they wanted me expelled but it left me traumatized and scared. But we later found out that my teacher was crazy and had problems and blamed her troubles on me. And even today it still scares me a lot

I must have been lucky. I never remember any teacher ever doing anything wrong to me!

My first grade teacher told me to stop wearing dresses because I twirled too much. Keep in mind I was never a disruptive child and didn’t do it in the middle of class, or glad my underwear or anything. I was a 5 year old who felt pretty in a dress at recess. The teacher later told my mom she just didn’t like the dresses.

All these stories...I never knew...mine was 5th grade teacher who decided she didn't like me,I was a real quiet kid- I had a scheduled family vacation for a few days, when I got back to school, she was collecting signed permission slips for a class trip to a local place-when I asked for one so I could go,she told me "You already had your vacation,you don't need to go with us" and I got to sit in another classroom on that day and do extra work.... She did a few other things too,my Mom wanted to switch my teacher, but for some reason I insisted it would be ok and I could take it..... I don't know why we as kids all seemed to want to take the blame/not tell on these crummy teachers....but that was a definite factor in my choice to homeschool my own kiddos. She wasn't the only teacher with problems over the years....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter