what's to do at Newport Beach?

JC Butterfly

DIS Veteran
so I've decided to add in a day at the beach after the Disneyland trip. Other than just sitting and relaxing, what can I do here?

Any specific recommendations for restaurants? watersports rental places? fishing trips? stores to shop? anything else?

I'd recommend Balboa Beach, immediately next to Newport. At Balboa, you can dine at Ruby's on the pier, enjoy the Balboa Fun Zone rides, take the ferry across to Balboa Island (takes just a couple minutes) and enjoy shopping on their small main street. In the general Newport area, you can shop at Newport Fashion Island (you'll have to drive there from the beach area) or dine in a number of nice restaurants along the water.

I'd skip Newport and drive the 10 miles south to Laguna Beach. Newport's beaches are wide and flat and I found the whole area to be tacky--especially after you've been to Disneyland. The natural beauty of Laguna is stunning with its cliffs and coves.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter