What's up with excessive amount of open houses at the kid's clubs?

As a mother of a toddler now I was scanning the Alaska Navigators last night that and saw there was "toddler time" in one of the kids areas. And I was actually really excited about to be able to interact with her in a different space that has things her size and that she will enjoy. I can't wait to experience and take part in these open houses. But I'm sure when she's older I will feel differently, I guess it depends on what age your kids are whether or not you like them.

I do wish they had a more toddler friendly club area. I feel like the nursery is too small (once a lot of kids are dropped off at different times) and toddlers need more space to run around. Maybe one day they will have a club area for kiddos 1 to 3 that is more interactive (with crafts, activities, etc) as the clubs for the older kids. My daughter will be 21 months on our sailing and is already potty trained, but pool time will be limited with the weather we will get in Alaska, and her not being able to go into the older club and activities yet. The open houses really appeal to me!!

What do the parents do with their kids in the clubs? My kids were on the computers and talked to Crush & marched with the Green Army man from Toy Story. I'm pretty sure they can do that without me.

What do the parents do with their kids in the clubs? My kids were on the computers and talked to Crush & marched with the Green Army man from Toy Story. I'm pretty sure they can do that without me.

I think the discussion is for kids who can't go in the kids club. 1-2 year olds!

I mentioned this to my now 18 year old daughter that the edge and vibe have the extended open house hours and she was really excited, because she is kind of bummed about growing out of them. Now I am bummed because her follow up comment was I will read and not do anything else, shows, etc the rest of the time. For her sake I hope it is still like this when we cruise, and for our sake she actually branches out and decides to come to some of the shows with us.

As some people have already mentioned:

-Some kids have disablities that the staff at the kids' club can't accommodate.
-Some kids do not like going to the kids' clubs alone--too loud, unfamiliar, overwhelming, etc.
-Some people's kids are too young for secured programming at the kids' club, but the nursery space doesn't appeal to them for a variety of reasons.
-Some people don't want to spend time away from their kids on a family vacation because the point of that particular family's vacation is togetherness.
-And, I don't recall anyone saying this, but I know there are parents who don't trust strangers with their kids.

My daughter wanted to show me what she did - so we played computer games together, we coloured together, we danced with ribbons together, my husband did Avengers Academy, I did Becoming Iron Man, I saw a dad playing soccer with his son, there are lots of things that you can do with your kids in there. We found our daughter was just so excited to share her space with us.

We also had fun taking our 2 year old in there so he could go down the slide, or join in with Goofy singing songs, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter