• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What's Up with the Last Week of Oct/First Week of Nov?

MapleGirl

Perpetual Planner
I am waiting for my 7 month window to open so I can book a long weekend at the Poly 10/31 - 11/5. I keep checking availability and the Poly (along with most of the other resorts) are completely booked that time frame. I've never gone around Halloween. Is this normal? Is there an event going on or something?

My traveling companion really has her heart set on the Polynesian. Is there a trick to booking a sold out resort aside from putting in a waitlist and hoping for the best?

Jersey Week. Low points. Last Halloween Party, first Christmas Party.

I wouldn't expect to grab the Poly. The people booked there have limited studio options to switch to, although maybe some are swapping to 1BRs. But there are Poly owners with waitlists already that week as well.

Only thing you can do is book elsewhere, waitlist Poly, and temper your companion's hopes and dreams.

Thanks Aurora. I forgot about Jersey week. I've booked as at my home resort and will waitlist the Poly as soon as possible.

The Wine and Dine race is hitting the very beginning of November this year and races are usually big indicators that studios will be difficult to get at 7 months - or at least at certain locations.

Historically I'd say Halloween is normally a bit easier compared to other times in the fall but this year there is the race factor.

Food and Wine is also still going on. We in the first few weeks on November to get Food and Wine and the Xmas decorations and events.

I am waiting for my 7 month window to open so I can book a long weekend at the Poly 10/31 - 11/5. I keep checking availability and the Poly (along with most of the other resorts) are completely booked that time frame. I've never gone around Halloween. Is this normal? Is there an event going on or something?

My traveling companion really has her heart set on the Polynesian. Is there a trick to booking a sold out resort aside from putting in a waitlist and hoping for the best?

As others has said, there are the wine and dine marathon, food and wine and lastly the Halloween party. This fills the resorts faster and currently only ssr has full availability. The only “trick” which comes to mind except for the WL is to stalk the RAT. If you haven’t done so already I recommend booking your home resort. I’m going on the same dates as you and I booked BWV standard 11 months out. Now DW just has to decide if she want to run or not.

We loved going at this time of the year. We knock a few things of our bucket list a couple of years back: MNSSHP, MVMCP, F&WF. We also experienced the change over from Halloween decoration to Christmas decorations if you time your vacation just right!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter