• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Whats With Designer Clothes?

no not really. becuase im not going to stop shopping at nordstrom because they sell designer clothes i dont buy their clothes i buy the designer clothes they sell. and im not referring to the United states as being in more power because of its military, which is a whole nother story for me. im referring to the fact that we are more advanced in technology and alot of countries are catching up, and that isnt good. And I know its not going to happen over night, which is why i dont want to help them and make the process slower....

over priced bags are disgusting.
i don't shop at any of those stores. it's ridiculously over priced and the clothes are nasty.
plus, whenever I walk into AE or somewhere with a friend who needs to return or something, they look me up and down.
That also happens at Express.
Personally, if the store clerks are that insensitive and give you the "what the heck is SHE doing in here" look...uh, they dont deserve money.
at all.

BabyPiglet said:
Some people at my school don't give designer names a second glance JUST because they are designer. Those are the people I hate, I say if it's cute and you can afford it buy it, but the people that have like a cheaper hoodies and mines from AE but they look almost the same, and they're like what a ugly hoodie. If they like it no matter if tis a brand, buy it.... Yes I do wear Abercrombie, it's my fave store, most my clothes are from there or Hollister, and I like them because they fuit me well, and they have the look I am looking for....

Brand Bashers!!!

Just kidding lol still luv ya'll

This is still Tiggerlove101.
Most of the clothes I wear don't look like anything you could buy in Abercrombie or Hollister.
So when I say, "what an ugly hoodie" *IN MY HEAD* at school about someone's outfit,
I mean it.
Because I really do think it's ugly. People who say that and then go out and buy stuff that looks like the stuff you could buy there are hypocrits, so I agree with what you said.
But I still hate those stores. Alot.

2HOT2touch said:
no not really. becuase im not going to stop shopping at nordstrom because they sell designer clothes i dont buy their clothes i buy the designer clothes they sell. and im not referring to the United states as being in more power because of its military, which is a whole nother story for me. im referring to the fact that we are more advanced in technology and alot of countries are catching up, and that isnt good. And I know its not going to happen over night, which is why i dont want to help them and make the process slower....
It's going to be a while until coutries can out-techology us.

goofyandplutoluver said:
Some Hot Topic hoodies are $30.
hot topic is more of a goth/hardcore rock place.It scares me sometimes.The only stuff I like there is fob stuff and P!ATD stuff.

ElementGirl said:
hot topic is more of a goth/hardcore rock place.It scares me sometimes.The only stuff I like there is fob stuff and P!ATD stuff.
hottopic has a Tinkerbell line. :rotfl: they carry alot of different stuff. they've got this whole little fairy thing too. look here.

Hot Topic is owned by Gap. And all the "rock the arts" bracelet proceeds go to the owner of Gap.

Yeah, i'll pass on that. I like their band t-shirts and I still buy stuff from there, but I still think it's kind of pathetic. I'd rather go to the Salvation Army for my clothes :rotfl:

TiggerLove101 said:
Hot Topic is owned by Gap. And all the "rock the arts" bracelet proceeds go to the owner of Gap.

Yeah, i'll pass on that. I like their band t-shirts and I still buy stuff from there, but I still think it's kind of pathetic. I'd rather go to the Salvation Army for my clothes :rotfl:
salvation army>hottopic.

Although I do like the "music=life" School Music Foundationi Fundraiser they did for awhile. I bought like four bracelets. lol

Sparx said:
salvation army>hottopic.

Although I do like the "music=life" School Music Foundationi Fundraiser they did for awhile. I bought like four bracelets. lol

TWO THINGS THAT BOTHER ME TO NO END:

Hot Topic: When they make their own "Disney" line and punk up Tinkerbelle or other princesses, etc. They try to make them look so "cool" and "bad kid" and all it does is look like an inaccurate drawing...

Salvation Army: Unless you cannot afford to shop in regular stores...DON'T SHOP THERE! It is for people who NEED those bargains! There are sooooo many people out there who don't go to Disney every year, who can't afford this computer to talk on, and would maybe just like to buy some hand-me-down nice clothing for their children at home! DON'T take that away from them! If you need something cheap, go to Wal-Mart or a Vintage store...Salvation Army = made to help those in need. GRRRR!!! :mad:

End Rant.

Princess Ash said:
Salvation Army: Unless you cannot afford to shop in regular stores...DON'T SHOP THERE! It is for people who NEED those bargains! There are sooooo many people out there who don't go to Disney every year, who can't afford this computer to talk on, and would maybe just like to buy some hand-me-down nice clothing for their children at home! DON'T take that away from them! If you need something cheap, go to Wal-Mart or a Vintage store...Salvation Army = made to help those in need. GRRRR!!! :mad:
Thank you.

Princess Ash said:

::yes::

Princess Ash said:
(sorry if I offend anyone)
I've never been to the Salvation Army where you live, but the one near me is MASSIVE. There are plenty of clothes in there for everyone who wants to shop there. I personally don't shop there, but I think that its fine that anyone who wants to shop there can shop there. Just like how your not saying that you can't go to designer stores because they're made for rich people. I say, Let the people shop!!

I don't shop at salvation army because I don't like the idea of wearing someone else's clothes. You don't know where that's been.

Princess Ash said:

Hot Topic: When they make their own "Disney" line and punk up Tinkerbelle or other princesses, etc. They try to make them look so "cool" and "bad kid" and all it does is look like an inaccurate drawing...

End Rant.

*sing song voice* AMEN! :wizard:

Well said Ash! :flower3:

But also some kids don't get financial help from their parents and can't afford the stuff in hot topic or other places.

Clearance sections=love.

Princess Ash said:

YES!!! Their Tinkerbelle stuff is so scary :scared:

Well also sometimes people are not buying a $300 purse to fit in necisarily, they are buying it to rather stand out from the crowd, because how many people do you know fit in with a $300 purse :upsidedow If someone buys a knock-off of the $300 purse then they are trying to fit in with the people trying to stand out

but of course this is not always...this is just a hypothetical scenario... ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter