• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What's with the 7 night gap on the Dream in May 2024?

Duckbug.Ducktales

Listening to the music to Fantasmic!
The Dream has a 7 night gap after it crosses the Atlantic and before the first listed Meditation cruise, May 18-25. What's it doing during that time? Could this be a placeholder for the 2024 DVC member cruise?

Last edited:

Could be a charter cruise/DVC member cruise then.
Hopefully the latter, then, as we were going to do one of the Mediterranean sailings this year. Would be great if it can be a DVC member cruise on top of that.

I wondered that as well. I also wondered possibly a dry dock. A week is a REALLY short period of time for that but its possible. Otherwise my guess is a DVC cruise or maybe they didn't release all the dates yet

I'm surprised they'd do that. There were A LOT (a couple hundred) of people on the B2B TA/Med last year (and I assume most years).

It's a "member exclusive" on the Magic not a "member cruise" so no specializing programming or gifts
No, this discussion is about the Dream cruise from Barcelona. That’s a DVC Member Cruise, while the Magic cruise that includes Lighthouse Point is the Member Exclusive one. The email announcement linked above has descriptions of both.

My biggest debate now is do I do the DVC Cruise or book the week after? My 50th Birthday is during the DVC, but the week after could be cheaper. Regardless of which one I pick, the other week we will be in Paris.

I wonder:
1. Why DVC hadn't done a member cruise in Europe before if the Med and Greek Isles cruises are so popular
2. Whether they'll be able to get a good array of special programing across the Atlantic. It may be harder to, say, get Bill Farmer, etc, to give a talk that far away. Or maybe it's easier because it includes a trip to Europe 🤷‍♂️

My biggest debate now is do I do the DVC Cruise or book the week after? My 50th Birthday is during the DVC, but the week after could be cheaper. Regardless of which one I pick, the other week we will be in Paris.
Definitely the Member cruise is going to be more expensive. Sounds like either way you're away for your birthday, so I think it's more about whether you think the extra cost is worth it for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter