• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Whats wrong with the Magic?

tinkmt

Mouseketeer
I see she is sitting off the East coast. Any one know whats wrong? I read on another thread that there is a problem with the ship. :sad:

its probably a coincidence but i typed in disney magic and there was a add for Costa Concordia updates...GULP!

There are terrible storms, high winds, hail and possible tornadoes that blew flew the Mid Atlantic region this afternoon.

MAYBE the MAGIC is waiting for the storm to blow through the PA/NY area before they head north... just a thought

Thats true...maybe she is avoiding the storms. I guess I forgot about the storms. I really hope she is good! I <3 that ship! :love:

According to MarineTraffic.com it appears that she's underway, and is nearing Atlantic City, NJ.

The Mid Atlantic region was slammed today with severe storms, rain and some flooding.

Hoping the MAGIC is just avoiding the storms.

According to MarineTraffic.com it appears that she's underway, and is nearing Atlantic City, NJ.

Oh, I live a few miles from AC and just knowing she is passing right by me is exciting! It is raining ( not too heavy) and thundering every now and then, but nothing severe.

Philadelphia area is suppose to get 2-3 inches of rain over night according to the Phila. news weather report. And we are in a tornado watch. All that's heading to NYC along with the Magic.

Philadelphia area is suppose to get 2-3 inches of rain over night according to the Phila. news weather report. And we are in a tornado watch. All that's heading to NYC along with the Magic.

I live right outside of AC and our tornado watch ends at 2am. Not sure if NY will be under watch also.

The Magic early this morning:
2012-06-02_06-51-43_967.jpg
[/IMG]

Folks,

You have to remember these various tracking services are far from 100%...they have tracking issues, computer issues, etc,etc. All of these can cause it to be late in updating and may just show a vessel in the wrong place and wrong course/speed.

AKK

Folks,

You have to remember these various tracking services are far from 100%...they have tracking issues, computer issues, etc,etc. All of these can cause it to be late in updating and may just show a vessel in the wrong place and wrong course/speed.

AKK

This is good information to know for future searches

You can view the Magic coming into NY harbor via earthcam.com utilizing the staue of liberty camera. Just go to archives 5-6 am. The magic comes into view at about 5:10 am.

I see she is sitting off the East coast. Any one know whats wrong? I read on another thread that there is a problem with the ship. :sad:

They had a fire in the engine room and lost a propeller, they lost power for several hours.

Our table mates were on Deck 2 and heard a loud bang and then noticed we stopped moving. They said we were drifting on the map on the stateroom tv. Mom and I were watching the Avengers in the Buena Vista theater so we only heard the 000 to the bridge announcement. We didn't find out until we were back in the cabin and heard Capt. John come on to say the propolsion issues were fixed and everything was back up and running.

We also had to turn around on our 2nd to last sea day to check on a raft afloat. Another 000 to the bridge call. The Capt turned us around to check out the raft to see if anyone needed help but no one was in it and we just pulled it out of the water.

They had a fire in the engine room and lost a propeller, they lost power for several hours.

Oh no!!

Our table mates were on Deck 2 and heard a loud bang and then noticed we stopped moving. They said we were drifting on the map on the stateroom tv. Mom and I were watching the Avengers in the Buena Vista theater so we only heard the 000 to the bridge announcement. We didn't find out until we were back in the cabin and heard Capt. John come on to say the propolsion issues were fixed and everything was back up and running.

We also had to turn around on our 2nd to last sea day to check on a raft afloat. Another 000 to the bridge call. The Capt turned us around to check out the raft to see if anyone needed help but no one was in it and we just pulled it out of the water.

Sounds like you guys had an adventure of a trip. Can't wait to start seeing trip reports.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter