What's your 'big miss' that Disney needs to address?

IndyToThere

Mouseketeer
Not so much a gripe thread, but what is the main thing you've noticed that Disney seems to be missing out on that could make their process and/or customer experience better? As in, something they seem to consistently lack and are not seemingly addressing that harms the premium Disney experience?

After a few very lengthy calls to customer service this year, I had a few -

1) Staffing Levels for Customer Service, especially for Ticketing service.
We had tickets for Spring Break in 2020 for a trip that obviously got cancelled. Disney automatically extended the expiration date of the tickets up to late Sept 2021. Our first trip back is Oct 2021, so we needed to extend the use date to cover the Oct dates. I called customer service around March/April this year... here's how that call experience went:
- Start calling on day1 in late am... constant 'all circuits are busy'
- After multiple attempts over a few hours, finally get through and sit on hold in the main queue. After 45 min, an unscheduled work meeting pops up, so I had to disconnect.
- Call again in late afternoon... after 1 hour, get ahold of rep who mentions they need to transfer me to ticketing service (odd that the main line options don't let you go to ticketing service directly?), but the hold queue is around 2 hours. We had company coming over that evening, so I couldn't wait that long that day and would try the next day.
- Day 2, call at 8am... wait around 30 min on main queue before getting someone. They get my info and transfer me to ticketing service queue. Wait another 1 hour and finally get to ticketing rep who updates our tickets to the new use date. Ticketing rep mentions they had a very high call volume at that time due to some Florida resident ticket offer that was expiring and a high number of residents were calling to get adjustments made/questions.

Total time spent on both days: 3.25 hours + multiple call attempts on day 1 (all circuits are busy)
At first I thought it was just a temp issue due to the high call volume based on the FL ticket scenario mentioned by the castmember. However, experience this past week showed it's more of an ongoing problem:

Second experience this week (late June) for needing to update a Child ticket to an Adult ticket due to our son crossing over to the adult age (we had a child ticket we bought/transferred from a family member.)
- Call in early afternoon... wait 30 min on main queue and get transferred to ticketing queue. After 1 hour in the ticketing queue, a work meeting pops up and I need to disconnect.
- Day 2, call in late am and wait 30 min main queue. Get transferred to ticketing queue and wait 1.5 hours in the ticketing queue before getting to ticketing rep, who helps get our ticket adjusted.
Total time spent on both days: 3.5 hours

From both issues and other various anecdotes from others about ticketing service wait times, it appears that Disney service is either a) Understaffed and/or b) the Ticketing Process lends itself to higher-than-expected call volume that Service can't keep up with. I'm sure they have Call Managers who track and report on this kind of stuff (I've worked in a technical call center before, and it's standard to track what kinds of calls are resulting in call volume / call times / etc). The Call Center reps themselves are pleasant to talk to, but trying to get a hold of them for any sort of ticketing service is painful. I haven't seen this issue on the other hand for customer service when needing help booking a trip reservation.

2) The MDE app/website needs to allow self-servicing an upgrade from a Child Ticket to an Adult Ticket.
Related to #1 above, you cannot self-service an upgrade from a Child Ticket to an Adult ticket. You can however update a ticket for: a) the Use Date of the ticket, b) Base ticket to Park Hopper (or Park Hopper+) c) Number of Days. Those are all great things to self-service, and I wonder how many people don't realize you can do this themselves (perhaps lending itself to part of the problem in #1?). Regardless, I would think it's a semi-common problem of children aging out of a Child Ticket and need to upgrade to that Adult ticket... just give us the ability to do this ourselves. We'll gladly not add to the call volume if we can self-serve this one. =)

Last edited:
Reopen the marinas. I realize this is low priority as they are trying to get full steam ahead again. But I don’t want them to decide ‘meh, not worth the hassle.’ It’s all the smaller details and options which make WDW greater than the sum of its parts.

How about being able to modify a park reservation? Currently you have to cancel your current reservation for a given park day and take a chance that you can pick up another different park reservation.

This is a huge one.

And end the suspense. At least let us know when News will be coming regarding FP and AP. Keep dreaming right? 🤣 We don’t even need to know what the news is. Just tell us when we should check back.

I would prefer the spontaneity that no park reservations needed used to afford us, so my big miss would be not needing to make a park reservation, plus FP and Port Orleans opening would be great!

(yes, I know the general consensus on the status of reservations, still that is my 'big miss')

Changing buses to get to the water parks stinks. I can understand why they do it, but there must be another solution.

Also no real housekeeping for a week is not ideal.

ETA - bringing back luggage/airline service for ME

Last edited:
Changing buses to get to the water parks stinks. I can understand why they do it, but there must be another solution.
....maybe dedicated buses to just BOTH water parks and consolidate them to 2 or 3 resorts. For instance, a bus from the BC/YC/BW area to both water parks, AKL and All-Stars to both, and so on.... :confused3

Offering daily mousekeeping for DVC even for $$.

Take my bags to my room and bring them to my plane after my trip. They built a massive system at MCO to do it. Turn those machines back on!

Friendship boats back to pre-Covid Friendship boats.

Taking cash on the barrelhead for food without having to use a phone.

Longer Winged Encounters bird show at AK - this for the kids who love birds... It had been~15 minutes but was cut down to 1 minute. What is that? C'mon. Bring it back.

Last edited:
The bus situation. Especially overcrowding, standing room only. And the long waits for buses sometimes.

Not only this, but add some type of seating in the bus lines. I know some people would gripe but after walking all that time and waiting for a bus standing still for sometimes 45- 1 hour kills me with nowhere to sit. I still can't figure out why I had to wait almost an hour for a bus for a deluxe hotel in the early afternoon. We stayed AK KV during spring break and the line was not crowded, but we waited way too long at busses when leaving mid-day for a break.

Disney call centers need sufficient staffing, better training, and empowerment, especially for new release days. It took me 8 hours to get a Boo Bash ticket and I wasn't even one of the folks in the queue who got cut off.

Shop Disney needs a better system on new releases to outwit the botts snapping up everything in seconds. Disney collectors shouldn't have to pay 3 times the price on ebay to buy an item that was released 2 minutes ago. On limited releases (not limited editions) they used to take orders for maybe a two week period and then produce according to the demand. I've also had problems receiving broken items that were not packed well, the wrong items, and a few times I got an email a week after I ordered something, saying it was sold out.

Parks wise, decisions to eliminate Magical Express with luggage delivery/airport luggage transfers, and resort package delivery were big fails. Keeping guests in the Disney bubble and encouraging them to buy items in the park that they wouldn't have to carry around were genius ideas. I expected that they would start charging for Magical Express at some point, but not that they would eliminate it. Hopefully resort package delivery may return at some point.

Also, the park reservation system, and the requirements to use a cell phone to be able to access an attraction or even score a counter service meal are frustrating.

I love Disney and I understand that where there is greatness, error is also great. But sometimes I feel like I'm addicted to a beautiful gold digger girlfriend who walks all over me because she knows the money will just keep coming.

Also, the park reservation system, and the requirements to use a cell phone to be able to access an attraction or even score a counter service meal are frustrating.

I agree, and we can't be the only ones who prefer not to be on our phones on & off all day long in order to get food, on am attraction or whatever.

Wow, honestly just aghast of reading a lot of this stuff with the post COVID experience.

It just stinks to see while they don't have much problem with booking your reservation and taking your money, once you are in they seem to have very few people to help. Honestly, I feel like if the don't have the manpower to give people a good experience, then they shouldn't do it at all, or only book enough guests so they can give them a good experience. Disney SHOULD do better, but, you know, its always about the money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter