• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What's your CP ratio?

What's your CP Ratio?

Votes: 47 20.3%
  • 1-12

Votes: 9 3.9%
  • 13-25

Votes: 18 7.8%
  • 26-40

Votes: 15 6.5%
  • 41-52

Votes: 29 12.6%
  • 52-65

Votes: 16 6.9%
  • 66-78

Votes: 19 8.2%
  • 79-91

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • 92-99

Votes: 1 0.4%

Votes: 74 32.0%

• Total voters
Oh, interesting about the dirty vs clean. I’m rarely on the DIS these days, and have a lot of learning to do. :scratchin

We have 1 contract, BWV, purchased resale in 2001, so we do have all the benefits of direct. (Right?)

Oh, interesting about the dirty vs clean. I’m rarely on the DIS these days, and have a lot of learning to do. :scratchin

We have 1 contract, BWV, purchased resale in 2001, so we do have all the benefits of direct. (Right?)
All 700 "clean". Didn't know about resale when we bought in the beginning of this century but, of course, they were "dirt cheap" compared to the prices since then.

100% clean.

200 direct Saratoga Springs (2006)
115 direct Saratoga Springs add on (2007)

Didn’t really know about resale then and 315 has done us well over the years, so I don’t see adding on any time soon (but if we did ever add on, it would be resale).

My ratio is 160:160 = 160/160 = 1
"Multiply the result ... by 100 to convert it into a percentage"...
My percentage is 100%.

I've been here (looks over to below my minion)...a little minute...and I've never heard of clean or dirty points.
You must stay on the nice side of the tracks… er, threads 😂

My goal was to have 1000 points, and I figured all but 32 would be resale (that 32 direct add-on got us our blue card & AP’s)… however, bc of VGF resale being so crazy high, we just went direct during the grand opening sale… which brought us up to 23% clean instead of the 3% I thought we’d have. Oh well. I’m just thrilled to have points!! 🤩

I will add that I’m very happy to have 41% unrestricted points! I didn’t realize how much I’d care about that. Apparently, I’m not someone who likes being restricted… ie- being told “no” 😂😂

57% Direct
604 Direct (BWV, BCV, SSR, RIV)
150 grandfathered Resale (BWV)
306 Resale (BWV) - no Perks, but no restrictions on where can stay

Oops, yeah my math formula is not really correct. Check my edit below, is that better:
Why do you feel the need to call direct points “clean points” like resale points are “dirty” somehow? I have some of each but most of mine are resale because once you have enough points to get the “perks” it is financially unwise to continue adding direct. If anything direct points beyond what are needed to get a blue card are “dirty” because you are paying WAY more for the same thing.

Why do you feel the need to call direct points “clean points” like resale points are “dirty” somehow? I have some of each but most of mine are resale because once you have enough points to get the “perks” it is financially unwise to continue adding direct. If anything direct points beyond what are needed to get a blue card are “dirty” because you are paying WAY more for the same thing.
This came out of another post joking about “clean” and “dirty” points, hence the terminology. I don’t think anyone here actually thinks of points as clean and dirty.

To the next point, we added on 150 direct at OKW last summer. The difference between the stripped resale 2042s we were seeing and a direct 2057 with current Dec UY points was under $5k and I’m pretty sure it was under $3500. For us, that difference was not worth the hassle of ROFR and trying to remember to balance direct and resale points for stays. YMMV.

The clean vs dirty thing is related to a crazy idea we were discussing here (started by me) -

https://www.disboards.com/threads/idea-50-50-direct-resale-to-remove-restrictions.3890040/

We aren’t calling them dirty because we think they are bad, but more how DVC has gone in the direction of putting more and more restrictions for resale points.

I put more value on “clean” as I’d like to try and ninja into rooms at VDH over the years and there is a strong % chance it will have resale restrictions. I’d also say for some who are new to this system and are planning on being members for well over 20 years, direct points will likely continue to go up in value (personal value not resale) as there is a high percentage chance that the 2042 resorts will come back as new associations with restrictions and having a pile of “clean” points will allow you to stay at those resorts even if you don’t own there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter