What's Your Disneyworld Pet Peeve?

Depending on how busy the parks are, Disney may not allow you that option.

If that happens then fine, no biggie. But we go, at least in the past, anywhere from 5-10 times a year and we have never run into them not allowing this. We sit, DH and son brings the food, we eat quickly and get up, clean up and leave. It causes fewer problems than all of us hanging out in the line to order food or worse, if WDW is that busy, hanging out waiting for DH to order and the remainder of us getting in everyones way. Also, living as close as we do, we typically don't go when the crowd levels are that high, I refuse to do that.

Personally I don't care about people getting a table while others are in line, but I hate when a small group takes up a large table! A party of 2-3 should not be at a table for 4+.

Here's a few:

- Those parties that once finished eating at CS, decide to camp out which includes taking naps across chairs when those chairs were taken from other tables rendering those tables useless.

- The ever so popular "free" dining that has ruined Disney dining by the dumbing down of entrée selections

- Epcot Future World - for the price of the tickets that we all pay to get into the parks, Furture World is horribly outdated with shuttered pavilions and dated attractions.

- Families that are absolute slobs. They leave a complete and utter mess on the table and floor around them. They don't even bother trying to tidy up. It's gross.

- Families that let their kids use sit down restaurants as playgrounds. Kids need to sit in chairs, not running around the table and up/down aisles. It's not McDonald's playground and the rest of us are not amused.

- When parents let their kids stand on seating thus blocking those that sit in back of them (such as Beauty and the Beast show). Had one mom that not only let her daughter stand up in front of us but then proceeded to get up and take flash photography of her daughter standing there - flash upon flash in our eyes. Not one or two pictures...many.

- Fast passes that sell out for the day in like, 10 minutes flat (Soarin, Toy Story Mania)etc.

- The fact that I didn't buy more DVC points when they were actually affordable.

I don't get what so many of you are getting from her post. She went to CoP, an attraction with essentially no action and all talk. I think she would have been just as irritated had the family behind her jabbered loudly in English the entire time. It seems logical that one of the main reasons the family jabbered in Spanish the entire time is because they didn't understand the English being spoken in the attraction, were bored/clueless and decided to chat. Had they spoken English, they might have been less bored/clueless and chatted less. A family who spoke English would very likely have been less bored/chatted less because they had a clue what was being said by the CoP characters.

She wasn't griping about walking through the park and hearing people speaking Spanish. She wasn't griping about hearing Spanish while dining at CRT. She was griping about being in an attraction that is almost completely SPOKEN and not being able to hear because the family behind her (who could not understand the spoken aspect) decided to talk loudly over the spoken words of CoP.

The fact that it was a Spanish speaking family actually IS key here. It makes it much more probably that the attraction was a poor fit for them as they could not understand what was being said and did not enjoy it. Yes, it is possible they COULD understand English and decided to talk loudly anyway. In that case, they were even more rude.

I agree! That's the way I understood it.

How the 'free' dining and dining plans in general have so severely degraded the dining experience at WDW.
icon13.gif

Sorry, Dan :wave2: We love Free Dining! That's the only way we've ever been able to afford to eat at some of the restaurants. The Dining Plan in general is a money saver to us. We've only used it when it was free, but have upgraded from a free QS to the regular plan. And in March we may purchase the QS plan. Anyway we can save a little money really helps us!

I'm okay with no Pepsi. However, how about instead of offering Diet Coke, Coke Zero, and Caffeine Free Diet Coke, they offer up Caffeine Free Dr. Pepper in place of one of those? Please oh please?

NO! NO! NO! Don't get rid of my Caffeine Free Diet Coke! Well okay, I guess I could drink regular Diet Coke, but as much as I drink, and since I have insomnia, I really don't need all that caffeine!

How about if they just ADD Caffeine Free Dr. Pepper. :goodvibes

Parents who don't make their children behave ( stay in their seats and use inside voices) in restaurants.

Huge strollers on buses - no places to put them, so they bump into everyone when loading and during the ride.

Children who are allowed to hang onto ropes/rails in lines and bump into you every second.

Personally I don't care about people getting a table while others are in line, but I hate when a small group takes up a large table! A party of 2-3 should not be at a table for 4+.

As a family of 6, I agree with this one! Recently at a hotel, during their free breakfast, a couple sat a table for 6. They were there first, but it meant we had to squeeze around a table for 4 (and I hate "stealing" chairs from other tables to fit). What's worse is they were pretty much done, but sat around talking.

People who think what ever their kids do is cute, example I saw a child run up and try and kick a duck in the head his parents did nothing just laughed when is that funny? Also saw a family surround a squirrel, I managed to walk in and make a way for the creature to get out but don't these idiots realise if you trap an animal like that you will get bitten and deserve it. And these its disney and disney is for kids so my kids can do what they want and everyone else has to put up with it attitude. Lastly fellow british visitors who don't bother to learn about things like tipping properly.

What bugs me:

1- when 1 or 2 of a party stand in line and then like 15 more join them after awhile (once the line nears the end of being able to jump in).

2- strollers and how some folks just push through with them and don't care if you're in their way.

3- folks who walk slowly and/or come to a stop right in the middle of the walkway...also folks taking a LONGGGGG time to take a photo while folks are waiting for them to be done to either walk by or also take a photo.

4- full buses...waiting forever for a bus. We HATE the buses.

5- the DME stopping last at my resort on check in day and then coming 1st to my resort on check out day...so when I am excited to arrive I have to stop at 3 other resorts before they get to mine and when we'd like an extra 30-45 minutes of sleep we don't get it because the DME is at our resort 1st and then we have to sit on that bus while it makes 3 other stops (when we could be sleeping). We are DVC and every time it's been this way. I guess Disney has our money already, so who cares if we sit on the DME the most (we have to come back...cash customers don't).

6- the Brazilian tour groups...love getting behind one of their guides at a FP machine...fun fun!!! At least that won't happen anymore with the new FP+. But we'll still get stuck behind them in the parks...uggghhhh.

7- all this planning crap. And I am a big planner, but it's just becoming too much. We frequently go as a large family group (with the inlaws) and making ADRs was enough of a hassle now we have to figure out FP+ (some of us have PAPs and some have hoppers)....and you can get some counter service places as a FP like BOG, but you have to pick your food (60 days out). Next up...FP your bathroom breaks. CRAZY!!!!

I've encountered both foreign tour groups, and groups of American teenage twirlers and cheerleaders at WDW. In my opinion these American groups are far more annoying, rude and discourteous.

The price for Disney and all the parks is getting at a point that most familys will have to take fewer trips. Like sports, family of 4 over $200.00 for A game.

I've encountered both foreign tour groups, and groups of American teenage twirlers and cheerleaders at WDW. In my opinion these American groups are far more annoying, rude and discourteous.

I've never encountered groups of twirlers or cheerleaders (when do they go? I must not go then). But I am sure they would bug me too as their large group would 'clog up the works'. Though I never said anything about it being because they (the Brazilian groups) are rude or discourteous...it's things that slow us down that bug me (notice that 6 of my 7 things are about things that slow us down). Even being DVC and going frequently, we are still commando style and hate crowds and things that slow us down. I am trying to change our touring style as, getting older, it's beginning to be too much for me and I'd really like to just relax...but DH has to go, go, go on any vacation.

NO! NO! NO! Don't get rid of my Caffeine Free Diet Coke! Well okay, I guess I could drink regular Diet Coke, but as much as I drink, and since I have insomnia, I really don't need all that caffeine!

How about if they just ADD Caffeine Free Dr. Pepper. :goodvibes
Whatever gets Caffeine Free Dr Pepper in the parks is fine with me! I drink the Caffeine Free Diet Coke right now so I don't really want it to go away unless it is for the Dr Pepper. Keeping the Coke and adding the Dr Pepper would be great with me, though.

Parents who don't make their children behave ( stay in their seats and use inside voices) in restaurants.

Huge strollers on buses - no places to put them, so they bump into everyone when loading and during the ride.

Children who are allowed to hang onto ropes/rails in lines and bump into you every second.
My issue with this is that I have a young child. When she was 2, we went to WDW and she would try to hang on the ropes. We all explained to her that it was rude, she would end up hitting the guests with the rope, and other things like that. She would stop. But then, she would see some other child doing it whose parents didn't seem to care and she didn't understand why she wasn't allowed to act that way. She would use the excuse that the other kid was doing it. Now that she is older, it's easier to explain to her that it is still rude whether other parents stop their child or not, but when the child is quite young, that is hard. I wish other parents wouldn't let their kids play with the ropes.

People who think what ever their kids do is cute

TOTALLY agree!! ::yes:: Kids running around screaming, kicking and hitting other people, throwing things, acting like a fool while the parents just stand there watching. I've even had a kid who was kicking me repeatedly and when I asked them to stop, the parent replied "oh, she's okay". No she's NOT! :furious: I'm about to kick her back... ;)

People that feel the need to walk on the left side of walkways!!! Or those groups that spread from the far right of the walkway over into the left side!!! This is America people...stay to the right. These walkways/sidewalks/paths are two way. Don't force me into the shrubbery in order to get past you!!!

We've dealt with Brazilian tour groups a couple times when we went in January. Rude, loud and obnoxious.

Dealt with cheerleaders once in March. Saw them going in and out of the parks, but it seemed like they were in small groups then so no problem. We were staying at Port Orleans and one evening a large group of them were practicing their cheers in the courtyard just outside our room. We could hear them but it was early in the evening, so no bother.

Don't think we've ever seen twirlers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter