What's your favorite "any" airline credit card?

mommy2allyandaveri

DIS Veteran
Currently have SW and am happy with it and will keep it.

We also have 2 Alaska Airlines cards for the companion fares, but they have really changed and we will likely cancel those.

I'm in the market for a credit card that can be used for any airline and no black outs. Does a card like that even exist?

Not an airline card but I have the Chase Sapphire which I use all the time for flights. It has alot of good perks and ways to get more then 1 for 1 points

Oh yeah, Chase Sapphire. Definitely.
Specifically, Chase Sapphire Preferred of Chase Sapphire Reserve. With these cards, you earn UR points. These can be used to purchase airfare or transfer to some airlines. They each have different annual fees and earn at different rates. They match up nicely with Chase Freedom cards too (can pool points) Join us on the credit card thread for lots more info!

Another vote for Chase Sapphire. It's our go-to card for all household expenses.

Currently have SW and am happy with it and will keep it.

We also have 2 Alaska Airlines cards for the companion fares, but they have really changed and we will likely cancel those.

I'm in the market for a credit card that can be used for any airline and no black outs. Does a card like that even exist?

I have the SW card and the Sapphire. What I love is that I can transfer RR points from the Sapphire to SW if I want to book a SW flight!

Chase Sapphire Reserve is the most flexible travel credit card around. You can't beat it. The fee looks astronomical, but you get a LOT of annual freebies and credits that bring it down significantly. I think it ends up being like a $150 fee in actuallity. I earn WAY more money than I pay for that card.

Chase Sapphire Reserve is my favorite for travel. The annual credits and pay yourself back/travel at 1.5x points exceed the annual fee for us.

I am also a fan of Chase Sapphire Reserve. Lots of flexibility with transfer partners, high earnings rate, ability to pay with points for travel directly, very flexible travel credit etc. They also have been very good with 'pop up' offers during the pandemic - for example they paid $120 towards Peleton monthly fees in 2020 and are doing it again in 2021. DoorDash $60 last year and again this year. I'm pretty sure we make money with this card!
I've also been a fan of the Amex Platinum card for a while, but you have to make sure you will use the benefits (Uber credits, Delta lounge access). The travel credit is much less flexible too, and can only be used on one airline per year.

I am also a fan of Chase Sapphire Reserve. Lots of flexibility with transfer partners, high earnings rate, ability to pay with points for travel directly, very flexible travel credit etc. They also have been very good with 'pop up' offers during the pandemic - for example they paid $120 towards Peleton monthly fees in 2020 and are doing it again in 2021. DoorDash $60 last year and again this year. I'm pretty sure we make money with this card!
I've also been a fan of the Amex Platinum card for a while, but you have to make sure you will use the benefits (Uber credits, Delta lounge access). The travel credit is much less flexible too, and can only be used on one airline per year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter