• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What's your favorite arrival day dinner (outside of parks)?

TulipMom

Mouseketeer
We'll be flying into Orlando in the afternoon, checking into Marriott Sabal Palms (just outside of WDW gates). We have decided to spend the evening having some pool time and a fun dinner. It will be DH, me, our DD8, DS9, and my in-laws. Our kids are great at restaurants and kind of over character meals. Any price other than Signature Restaurants are OK.

Where would you go for a fun dinner experience on your arrival day?

The Pirates Dinner Adventure is fun! And they have a sale on Groupon for discounted tickets. We went this past summer and my 8 year old and 15 year old both liked it. They have options for dinner as well. The kids get involved in the show and get to go on the big ship.

We have done Chef Mickey's on arrival day every trip. This upcoming trip in April I booked California Grill at 9:30 so we can go up early and watch fireworks before we eat. I'm Chef Mickey'd out lol but Chef Mickey's is very fun for kids. Our girls absolutely love when they get to swing their napkins and sing with the characters.

Last edited:

The Pirates Dinner Adventure is fun! And they have a sale on Groupon for discounted tickets. We went this past summer and my 8 year old and 15 year old both liked it. They have options for dinner as well. The kids get involved in the show and get to go on the big ship.
Where is this at?

This may not be a popular choice, but we love to go to Giordano's for their Chicago pizza on our arrival night. There are probably better choices, but it's tradition for us now :)

We have done Chef Mickey's on arrival day every trip. This upcoming trip in April I booked California Grill at 9:30 so we can go up early and watch fireworks before we eat. I'm Chef Mickey'd out lol but Chef Mickey's is very fun for kids. Our girls absolutely love when they get to swing their napkins and sing with the characters.
Yes, the things we do for our children!

We always do Trails End Buffet ar Fort Wilderness. Good food kinda find it low key. Our now 19yr old ds cant get enough of the fried chicken!!!

Might be too pricy for what you’re looking for, but I love doing Hoop de Doo Revue. A fun and festive way to kick off the trip.

I’d also suggest Beaches & Cream or Ohana.

For years and years, ESPN Club at Boardwalk was our arrival day meal tradition. The food isn’t out of this world, just standard bar food, but a safety blitz (vanilla ice milk with crushed Oreos and chocolate syrup) & a burger really hits the spot after traveling.

We love doing Raglan Road on arrival day! Good food and fun entertainment.

Past few trips it has been Ragland Road. They changed the menu and no longer have Sod the Stew. Made me sad. I also really enjoyed the food over at Boatwrights over at Riverside.

This year we did Raglan Road. We drive 15 hrs to Disney and we are always really tired. We had a reservation for Homecoming and I just didnt want a bunch of fried heavy-ish food. So I changed it to Raglan Road. We had so much fun. It brought us back to life. It was just grand. I think it has become our go to first night meal!

Like several others here, we like Beaches and Cream for our arrival day. Paying out of pocket, it's a good price, cute 50s diner vibe, and the ice cream specialties make it a little extra fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter