What's your favorite country for dinner at Epcot-adults only.

FLgirl1203

Mouseketeer
My DH are going to Epcot alone for evening and I am thoroughly confused about where to have dinner. We'd like something on the romantic side. We've narrowed it down to France, Italy and Canada. Would love to hear your favorites. (We've eaten at Mexico and aren't big sushi eaters so Japan is not an option).

Thanks for your stories.

I think LeCellier in Canada can be very nice for a couple. The restaurant isn't too brightly lit and the food is excellent. Since we have always gone there with our four kids, we don't think about the romantic aspects of the restaurant.

HBC

Okay - I know this isn't one of your choices, but consider Norway! Eating in a mideval (sp?) fortress is romantic, and it is also quiet, as most families don't come here. When we were there last month, there were mostly adults at the tables. The food is incredible, and the service was wonderful. We felt that the restaurant was reasonably price, to boot!

Sorry for confusing you more!

all of those restaurants are nice but my favorite is Alfredo's in Italy. The fettucini alfredo is to die for and they have great salads and desserts. Sometimes they have the strolling musicians in there which is very romantic. I also really like Japan but not the sushi bar, we like the habatchi tables where they cook the food in front of you. It's very good but you sit at a large table with other people, so if you looking for a romantic evening out that probally is not the place. I remember some years back we ate in Morocco, which was also very beautiful and romantic with their musicians and belly dancers. But I would check out all the menus first to make sure you like the food. You can obtain the menus at allearsnet.com good luck!!

DH and I had a very romantic dinner at Chefs de France. We'll have our sons with us this trip, but next time we go alone we will definitely be going back to Chefs de France.

I love the Japanese place and we did not have sushi at all....It was a stir fry at your table.

With the ones you chose, I would go with LeCellier in Canada. The service there is always slow when I go, but the food is excellant and the atmosphere very nice. We went here to celebrate friends birthdays last year and it was a great adult time. Make it special with a bottle of wine :)

My favorite is Morocco- they have great food and nice ambiance. Other picks of mine are the Coral Reef (mostly for ambience but they have lovely swordfish!), the Chefs du France cafe (although pricey), and one I visited more recently, the Rose and Crown (UK). I would stay away from Mexico (notoriously bad food!) and Norway (way too much smoked and salted fish for my tastes!). I usually like Japan for lunch- not sushi, but the teriyaki and tempura selections. Enjoy your trip!

The Bistro de Paris in France might be another idea. Very subdued and romantic and although we haven't had dinner there in a number of years, it was always very good. Less a family place than some others although when we dined there it was en famille for us!

Bistro de Paris would be my first choice. You really won't find any kids up there and it's very quiet. I would then go with either Le Cellier or Chef's de France. Your only other option is to leave Epcot via the international gateway and walk over to the Yacht Club resort for the Yachtsman Steakhouse or to the Boardwalk for the Flying Fish. You can't beat dinner at either of these restaurants and it's the perfect setting for a romantic adult dinner.

Here's another vote for Bistro de Paris, it's been a while since I ate here, but the food was fantastic, service stellar, and a truly minimal child factor.

Norway - The Akershus is our absolute favorite, followed by the restaurant Marrekesh in Morroco.

We had disappointing dinners at Alfredo's (Fettucine Alfredo--no way resembles authentic italian cooking--it was gross!!!--Jan 2004), Morocco--Tangarine Cafe. We have eaten in France, and while the food was good--we found it very over priced. Did you consider the resorts next to Epcot. Spoodles on the Boardwalk..a short boat ride from Epcot, or Cape May Cafe, Beach Club or Yachtman's Steakhouse, Yacht Club???? There is the new Blue Zoo at the Dolphin (this is expensive--but the reviews have been terrific!!!). There are a few other options in Epcot--if you don't want a traditional sit down dinner--a "picnic" by the water--we sat on the picnic benches..getting wine from France, appetizers from China, etc....we love to do this!!!!!! Have a great trip!!!!!!!

ps--didn't anyone read the posting regarding the family who got food poisioning at Norway.......

Bistro de Paris would be my choice. Very good food and service. Very unlikely to run into children. Small and intimate.

And we were quite amused by a scenario which played out at the table next to us...the last thing one would ever expect to see at WDW.

Anne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter