• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What's your favorite restaurant in Disney World?

Missing Narcoossees right now. We celebrated our 25th Anniversary there last year followed by a Private Fireworks Cruise.

Tonight we are eating at what we call “Narcoossees lite,” a seafood restaurant down by the beach which is in a building similar to Narcoossees.

Next year, we will be back there for our 27th celebrating in WDW.

I looked at his recipe and Im pretty sure mine is better, I roast the bananas and puree the pineapple, so my cake is moist but not dense like banana bread and my cream cheese frosting is very light...I might not like this place. Im from Chicago, but Id visit family in Florida and Texas as a kid, so I ate a lot of Southern cooking. I make very good buttermilk biscuits. One Gram was a cook at a retirement home and the other owned a bakery, so they taught me a LOT. Im frequently disappointed at restaurants.
That sounds awesome! I am typically disappointed by other people's recommendations for restaurants as well. Sometimes what people consider "good" tastes like someone opened a can to me. You'll probably feel like I did at Homecomin. It's not bad or gross or anything, (well it was to my best friend...she sent hers back and didn't even want anything to replace it, but she has "baby mouth" so she don't count lol) I call it upscale Southern, but not even close to "country Southern". I mean they have all of the elements like pimento cheese, fried chicken, pecan pie and deviled eggs and such but it's like someone came in and said, "Ok, now I need you to doody this up for tonights Gala!" LOL ....and they did. :rotfl2:

That sounds awesome! I am typically disappointed by other people's recommendations for restaurants as well. Sometimes what people consider "good" tastes like someone opened a can to me. You'll probably feel like I did at Homecomin. It's not bad or gross or anything, (well it was to my best friend...she sent hers back and didn't even want anything to replace it, but she has "baby mouth" so she don't count lol) I call it upscale Southern, but not even close to "country Southern". I mean they have all of the elements like pimento cheese, fried chicken, pecan pie and deviled eggs and such but it's like someone came in and said, "Ok, now I need you to doody this up for tonights Gala!" LOL ....and they did. :rotfl2:
Omg, Im 100% like you when it comes to recommendations! Two of my dearest friends have the WORST tastes🤣
Lol, years ago I had a boss who made TONS of fancy appetizers for a party he was hosting. His signifigant other whipped up a batch of cocktail franks wrapped in Pillsbury pop-up dough. NOBODY ate the fancy apps, but DEVOURED the mini franks.Sometimes "fancy" equates to odd...just give me fresh, top quality ingredients! I roast the bananas to mellow out their flavor and I use Penzeys spices and vanilla. I ate really well growing up, so I have high standards. I dont set my sights too high at wdw, but I DO adore the Mickey shaped treats and have had some good stuff. Im going in to Homecomin with low expectations! I will circle back in November and give you my take...Im really curious for the cake now!!!

Omg, Im 100% like you when it comes to recommendations! Two of my dearest friends have the WORST tastes🤣
Lol, years ago I had a boss who made TONS of fancy appetizers for a party he was hosting. His signifigant other whipped up a batch of cocktail franks wrapped in Pillsbury pop-up dough. NOBODY ate the fancy apps, but DEVOURED the mini franks.Sometimes "fancy" equates to odd...just give me fresh, top quality ingredients! I roast the bananas to mellow out their flavor and I use Penzeys spices and vanilla. I ate really well growing up, so I have high standards. I dont set my sights too high at wdw, but I DO adore the Mickey shaped treats and have had some good stuff. Im going in to Homecomin with low expectations! I will circle back in November and give you my take...Im really curious for the cake now!!!
I'm howling over here about the cocktail franks! :rotfl2: I LOVE pretty food like at Amorette's but I can't stand when the taste doesn't match up to the pretty. That happens so often but Amorette's seems to have both so you have to try them while you're at the Springs if you haven't yet! Speaking of recommendations, I've also learned not to trust my friends with movie recommendations either. Ever since one of my besties told me that "Dude Where's My Car" was the funniest movie ever. :poop: And talk about having high expectations for the movie "A Star is Born"....I was expecting the next Titanic! It bored me to death and I saw no chemistry and it moved so quickly that it was predictable and you had no more time to get to know the characters than they did each other! But that's another thread lol. I can't wait for the cake review! I'll be stopping by your house for dinner next week btw! lol

I'm not a southern food expert by any means, but I have to agree with this assessment. Don't get me wrong, we all really enjoyed Homecomin' but it was definitely a "fancied up" Southern meal.

I've done close to 20 table service and a bunch of signatures and while we have had good meals at many Boma is definitely my favourite for food for both breakfast and dinner.

For atmosphere I'd have to go with either T-Rex or Coral Reef. Despite the fact we see a lot of negative reviews over the years we've had mostly great meals there.

I've done close to 20 table service and a bunch of signatures and while we have had good meals at many Boma is definitely my favourite for food for both breakfast and dinner.

It took me forEVER to grow to like Boma. Now I love their breakfasts, and this girl loves me a buffet, but for the first few times, Boma was one of those places where the food left me with that, "ok what am I putting in my mouth" feeling. You know, when you're not sure what's in the food? Of all of the things they had on the menu, it was all a little too out there for me. It still isn't my favorite meal because I typically end up paying top dollar for soup and a carved meat because I can't find that ONE thing that makes you keep going back over and over. It has grown on me because I refused to give up because I LOVE the atmosphere. AKL is my favorite deluxe so I just like to be there. I think I'm also one of the few that thinks the zebra domes are overrated lol. I mean they're alright, but I wouldn't ever have to have them. I would say they have one of the best breakfasts on property though. The French bread pudding is to die for!

Raglin Road for sure. We love the atmosphere and I can eat that burger every night of the week.

It took me forEVER to grow to like Boma. Now I love their breakfasts, and this girl loves me a buffet, but for the first few times, Boma was one of those places where the food left me with that, "ok what am I putting in my mouth" feeling. You know, when you're not sure what's in the food? Of all of the things they had on the menu, it was all a little too out there for me. It still isn't my favorite meal because I typically end up paying top dollar for soup and a carved meat because I can't find that ONE thing that makes you keep going back over and over. It has grown on me because I refused to give up because I LOVE the atmosphere. AKL is my favorite deluxe so I just like to be there. I think I'm also one of the few that thinks the zebra domes are overrated lol. I mean they're alright, but I wouldn't ever have to have them. I would say they have one of the best breakfasts on property though. The French bread pudding is to die for!
That makes sense! I can totally understand how some would have the "o.k. what am I putting in my mouth" feeling but I'm a really adventurous eater and kind of a "whatever happens happens" person lol (maybe not a good thing). Might explain why I love Boma so much. That might also explain why my husband really doesn't enjoy Sanaa much actually (I love it); I wouldn't call him a meat and potatoes person but he definitely isn't a foodie either.

I also don't get the zebra domes thing - it is not a delicious dessert in my opinion.

That makes sense! I can totally understand how some would have the "o.k. what am I putting in my mouth" feeling but I'm a really adventurous eater and kind of a "whatever happens happens" person lol (maybe not a good thing). Might explain why I love Boma so much. That might also explain why my husband really doesn't enjoy Sanaa much actually (I love it); I wouldn't call him a meat and potatoes person but he definitely isn't a foodie either.

I also don't get the zebra domes thing - it is not a delicious dessert in my opinion.
Yeah I thought I was adventurous until I hit Boma! LOL I haven't tried Sanaa but I LOVE Indian food! I'm dying to try it but I'm always there with people who don't like really anything. One of these days I'm going to book it and just tell them to suck it up because I want to go where I want to go too. Thank God I'm not the only one about the zebra domes lol! Nah, it's just a good little bite sized snack. It's not bad, it just isn't this to die for dream dessert that people say. But then again...for me, neither is the dole whip. You wanna talk about being disappointed after all the hype??? I honestly thought I had ordered the wrong thing...surely THIS isn't what everyone is carrying on about? It's JUST pineapple flavored soft serve! No unique flavor that makes you think, "oh my god what is that distinct taste that I can't put my finger on that puts this over the top???" None of that! Nope, just plain a$$ soft serve and sour at that. We threw it away. :duck:

I'm not a southern food expert by any means, but I have to agree with this assessment. Don't get me wrong, we all really enjoyed Homecomin' but it was definitely a "fancied up" Southern meal.
We have an ADR there for my birthday in November, early at 5pm, I want to look at the tree trail,eat,then head to HS for "Jingle Bell Boom"...I have LOW expectations now🤣, I like fried chicken, thats hard to screw up, and I try ALL hummingbird cakes everywhere since Im "famous" for mine.

That's a tough one, we like a few of them. At AK we love Tiffins if we want a meal and Nomad Lounge if we want to snack. At HS, HBD is a must do for us, lately we just do the outside lounge. We rarely eat inside the park at MK but if we do it's usually at Skipper Canteen. We have eaten at most of the restaurants in the countries at Epcot and there is something to be said about all of them but Spice Road Tables or the other one at Morocco are probably the one's we eat at the most. We weren't thrilled with Chef Paul's and were underwhelmed with the one at Canada. Outside of the parks, we liked California Grill for the food and service both. Flying Fish had good food but we had a bad server. Jikos had o.k. food and we had a bad server but had a good time at the bar. Sanna we had bad food and a bad server but we would probably try it again just to see if that was a fluke.

We have an ADR there for my birthday in November, early at 5pm, I want to look at the tree trail,eat,then head to HS for "Jingle Bell Boom"...I have LOW expectations now🤣, I like fried chicken, thats hard to screw up, and I try ALL hummingbird cakes everywhere since Im "famous" for mine.

We had an early ADR also! Loved that. It was relatively calm in the restaurant and we were seated on the screened in porch at a big round table and it was just really nice and relaxing. Our server was excellent.

I enjoyed the Hummingbird cake. I'm no expert on it though. My MIL was a decent cook/baker and she made one for us once out of the Southern Living magazine's recipe. I liked it well enough and Homecomin's was on par with that one. Sort of reminds me of a spice, carrot, banana cake all rolled up into one somehow. Mine was not dry, but it was certainly a substantial cake just like the one my MIL made. Your's sounds AWESOME.

One area where I can get picky is deviled eggs. I love them but I'm real picky about them. I like them generally plain. Egg filling not to thin/light and not to heavy. Very little in the way of jazzing them up. We did get the appetizer and I was just okay with them, though everyone else in my party like them more than I did.

We had an early ADR also! Loved that. It was relatively calm in the restaurant and we were seated on the screened in porch at a big round table and it was just really nice and relaxing. Our server was excellent.

I enjoyed the Hummingbird cake. I'm no expert on it though. My MIL was a decent cook/baker and she made one for us once out of the Southern Living magazine's recipe. I liked it well enough and Homecomin's was on par with that one. Sort of reminds me of a spice, carrot, banana cake all rolled up into one somehow. Mine was not dry, but it was certainly a substantial cake just like the one my MIL made. Your's sounds AWESOME.

One area where I can get picky is deviled eggs. I love them but I'm real picky about them. I like them generally plain. Egg filling not to thin/light and not to heavy. Very little in the way of jazzing them up. We did get the appetizer and I was just okay with them, though everyone else in my party like them more than I did.
Oh, Im PICKY on deviled eggs! My mom jazzed them up with crabmeat. I keep mine simple: mix is mayo,mustard,salt/pepper, then I top with fresh chives or minced fresh green onion....now Im hungry!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter