What's your favorite "splurge"?

3DisMunchkins

Mouseketeer
I'm planning a trip for July and there are lots of things I'd LOVE to do this year, but as we know they all cost a pretty penny. We usually go to DL from Colorado once a year so I try to keep cost down as much as possible.
My question...if you could choose one "splurge", what would it be and why?
PTN (or current parade) BB package?
F! package (if it's back)
WOC dessert party?
Special souvenir?
Something on beach day?
or something I'm not even thinking of?

I know this is completely subjective, but thought it would be fun to hear other opinions!

We loved the WOC dessert party. It's definitely a splurge. I also very much enjoyed the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour, if you think that would be something you'd be interested in doing.

Renting a cabana for a day (or even a half day) at the DLH on a non-park day, preferably in the middle of the trip. Last year we moved to the DLH from an off-property hotel just to do this (although not in the middle of the trip).

If we're not at the DLH, then WOC Dessert Party is probably our new favorite splurge.

Actually -- my favorite splurge of all time was doing the VIP tour for our family of 4. But at over $2K, that wasn't something we'll be doing again anytime soon!

If F! is back by July and if they are doing the Blue Bayou dining package, I would do that. I've done it a few times and it was awesome, great view of the show both times without a long wait. Plus, POTC is my favorite ride so I LOVE dining inside of it! I feel like the PtN package is not really necessary. The parade route is long so there are a lot of places to sit and have a good view. I'm not a huge fan of WOC, but if I was then the dessert package would be tempting. Have you guys done a character meal? Would that interest you? Or, maybe forego all of the above and spring for one night at the DLH. It's totally worth it!!

Last edited:

Fantasmic, hands down. If it is back, it sure to be very crowded. I'm thinking it will be my splurge this summer if it's back up for our trip. Plus Fantasmic is my favorite!!

For what it costs my family of 5 to do a Blue Bayou package for F! or PtN, I can stay a night at the Great Wolf Lodge (in the off-season). And since I can stand in line to see F! or find a spot for the parade on my own, my splurge is definitely for awesome waterslides. In fact, we plan to do it after our next DL trip.

We have done the F! dining package, WOC dining package, character meals etc and by far, my favorite splurge is the WOC Dessert Party. For us, it is 100% worth the expense to have a wonderful view with no wait, and chairs to sit on. We skip dinner and find that the cheese, bread, and desserts is plenty filling (especially with a late lunch). Second place for me would be the F! BB package.

BB package or WOC dessert party. BB is a dining tradition for my family so a trip to DL doesn't feel complete to me without eating there, therefore BB is our priority splurge. If BB is just "nice" or "kinda neat" to you I'd splurge on the WOC dessert party. That has much more of a splurge feel to it- sitting in chairs, room to breath, admittedly very mediocre deserts to munch on but champagne being served to you to sip before and during the show is hard to beat!

We've never done any of the dining packages, but I consider eating at any of the sit-downs a splurge for us. We generally just eat counter-service. So we like to go to either Blue Bayou or Storytellers as our splurge.

Blue Bayou F! package for sure when it comes back. We book BB on special occasions like birthdays, so for roughly the same price we get also get a FP out of it.

The WoC dessert party is intriguing and I would consider it, if only because you get chairs and a lot of room to breathe. I would try this once but probably not multiple times.

Well for someone who has only been once (1999) and was travelling around the world with my wife for 12 months on a very tight budget, we certainly could not afford to splurge on anything.

In July this year when travelling with our kids and taking them to Disneyland for the 1st time, i decided that there would be 2 splurges.

The 1st is to stay at GC. We can not afford all 4 nights, so it's 2 at PPH and 2 at GC.
After reading many posts, the other splurge will be WOC Dessert Party. This will be a surprise for my wife and kids. Can't wait.

Well for someone who has only been once (1999) and was travelling around the world with my wife for 12 months on a very tight budget, we certainly could not afford to splurge on anything.

In July this year when travelling with our kids and taking them to Disneyland for the 1st time, i decided that there would be 2 splurges.

The 1st is to stay at GC. We can not afford all 4 nights, so it's 2 at PPH and 2 at GC.
After reading many posts, the other splurge will be WOC Dessert Party. This will be a surprise for my wife and kids. Can't wait.
:offtopic: Idk if you already know but if you can afford to pay for your hotel upfront when booking Orbitz, Cheaptickets, etc. often have 15-20% off coupon codes and they work on all the Disneyland hotels. I used orbitz for a trip to GCH a couple years ago and it worked great, just as if I had booked through Disney (although I had to wait a week to make room requests because it takes the systems a bit to talk to each other).

ETA: see you recently joined us! :welcome:

PAYING for valet parking when I can get FREE SELF parking and they greet me with :D :welcome: home !!! Also ordering room service from the bar for my favorite cocktails (normally bring our own drinks) while I sit from the balcony of my Villas at The Grand enjoying the awesome atmosphere of the sparkling lights and the loud screams from California Adventure Park !!! pixiedust: :worship: Love it so much !! :cloud9: :thanks: DVC !!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter