What's your favourite place for breakfast OUTSIDE the park?

jacs1234

Dreaming of Disney
Anything nice in downtown disney, some kind of all you can eat buffet. We loves us a buffet breaky.

For a breakfast buffet, you pretty much can't beat Goofy's Kitchen (in the Disneyland Hotel), in my opinion. It's a character meal, and has a huge selection of food. I've been going there since it opened, in the 80s...never had a bad meal there!

For a breakfast buffet, you pretty much can't beat Goofy's Kitchen (in the Disneyland Hotel), in my opinion. It's a character meal, and has a huge selection of food. I've been going there since it opened, in the 80s...never had a bad meal there!

Do you need to get Priority seating for this or can you just show up?

We also loved Storyteller's Cafe in GCH. The food was actually really good (sometimes not always the case with buffets) and had a good selection. The service was great too!

Mimi's or La Brea Bakery in DTD.

We got breakfast from Mimi's last time we were at DL; we ordered two meals - a french toast one and a pancake one - and split them between two adults and two teenage boys, and still couldn't finish it all.

La Brea also has huge portions that can be shared.

DO NOT go to captain kidd's directly across the harbor entrance. No matter what meal it's one to avoid at all costs.

You can just show up but you may have a wait. It's better to make a priority reservation. Outside the park we really like Mimi's and La Brea Bakery. Neither of them are buffets but both are tastey. La Brea is in Down Town Disney and Mimi's is right across the street on Harbor.

Don't know if this counts as technically "outside" the park, but we really like Whitewater Snacks for breakfast.

Here's another vote for Mimi's and Whitewater snacks!
The I-Hop there is super expensive!
Oh, Millie's is pretty good too!

Another vote for Mimi's....even though they did recently take my favorite dish off the menu :sad1:. Many of their breakfasts come with these HUGE muffins that are sooooo delicious. I never have enough room to eat mine during breakfast, so I take it with me for a wonderful snack later at the park. ;)

DO NOT go to captain kidd's directly across the harbor entrance. No matter what meal it's one to avoid at all costs.

Do they do bfast there? I guess they probably do since they host the bfast at the BWPPI there. I agree 10000000000000% with Matt, do not go to CK's for ANY meal....it's so nasty and disgusting.

Here's another vote for Mimi's and Whitewater snacks!
The I-Hop there is super expensive!
Oh, Millie's is pretty good too!

I-hop is very $$$$ but the Denny's are good, just like your basic Denny's. Good food at good prices. :) Millie's is good, Mimi's is excellent!!!! WWS is good too. RFC has a bfast, not buffet but bfast, in DTD, Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen has good bfast and La Brea Bakery has some bfast items that are good as well. We mostly just did pastries and tea or cocoa at LBB but what we had there was tasty. :)
If you do want GK I would highly suggest a reservation, it gets really busy in there. That said, it's not one that we (as a family) would suggest, we didn't like the buffet offerings that much and we found the character interaction lacking. We much preferred M&F in DL, much better character interaction and good food choices there.

I wouldn't even feed that food to my DOG...I wouldn't want her to get food poisoning! :rotfl:

Seriously, though: anyone who hasn't experienced the "joy" that is the Captain Kidd's restaurant is missing out on food that looks to have been picked up out of a dumpster behind a grocery store or low-end AYCE buffet after the food has gone "off". It wouldn't be worth eating there even if it were free.

It's not a buffet, but you might want to consider Steakhouse 55 for breakfast. We have only gone once, but I want to go back. I can't put my finger on what was so great about it, but even though it was a little pricy we enjoyed it. The food was very tasty, higher quality, than most of the other resort breakfast options we had tried.

I wouldn't even feed that food to my DOG...I wouldn't want her to get food poisoning! :rotfl:

Seriously, though: anyone who hasn't experienced the "joy" that is the Captain Kidd's restaurant is missing out on food that looks to have been picked up out of a dumpster behind a grocery store or low-end AYCE buffet after the food has gone "off". It wouldn't be worth eating there even if it were free.

What exactly is wrong with Captain Kidd's? We'll be staying at the BWPPI. Their so-called 'breakfast' is included, but I know DH is going to want a 'real' breakfast at some point during our holiday and CK's buffet is right there. How can anyone screw up breakfast???

What exactly is wrong with Captain Kidd's? We'll be staying at the BWPPI. Their so-called 'breakfast' is included, but I know DH is going to want a 'real' breakfast at some point during our holiday and CK's buffet is right there. How can anyone screw up breakfast???

Old food, that's all.

Be assured that the BWPPI bfast is NOT linked to CK's at all. They are totally different entities and the free bfast was actually quite good. But CK's buffet was gross, we didn't have bfast, we had dinner, DBF couldn't find anything to actually eat, I had a salad off the regular menu, the lettuce was wilted and gross, the cucumbers were nasty, the onions were gross too. Just yuk!

Old food, that's all.

Be assured that the BWPPI bfast is NOT linked to CK's at all. They are totally different entities and the free bfast was actually quite good. But CK's buffet was gross, we didn't have bfast, we had dinner, DBF couldn't find anything to actually eat, I had a salad off the regular menu, the lettuce was wilted and gross, the cucumbers were nasty, the onions were gross too. Just yuk!

Just to elaborate on what PW said, the BWPPI rents the second floor of Captain Kidd's for their breakfast but the breakfast is not produced or run by Captain Kidd's. Does that make sense?

We are staying there later this month and I was worried too so I did a little investigative research. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter