What's your least favorite RunDisney Race Weekend?

What's Your Least Favorite RunDisney Weekend?

• WDW Marathon Weekend

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Star Wars - Light Side

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Princess

Votes: 13 50.0%
  • Star Wars - Dark Side

• Tinkerbell

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Disneyland Half

• Paris

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Wine & Dine

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Superheroes (Avengers)

Votes: 6 23.1%

• Total voters

Dis_Yoda

DIS Veteran
DVC Silver
Spun off the "If you could only run one rD race weekend per year, which would it be?" thread

Avengers. Discussed this a bit more in another thread. Superheroes/Avengers just don't say Disney to me and its love of Disney that leads me to spend this kind of money on a race weekend.

ETA: To each their own, but that IGC medal is hideous, as well.

For us, our least favorite is Princess. While I know some people love it, it just isn't for us. Too many people there to have a good time over completing a race - a lot of bad race etiquette in comparison to other RunDisney events, and a lot of bad verbal behavior that has been seen.

I voted for Princess. I ran it for the first time last year and was not impressed. I was at the expo during the fist fight over the stupid wine glasses, saw extremely rude behavior in the corrals, and during the race.
Why I'm back this year is beyond me. I guess I'm just a sucker when it comes to rD. :confused3

I don't know enough about all of the race weekends to vote as I've only participated in Marathon Weekend. I think I can say that my biggest pet peeve with RunDisney since my first race in 2012 is their continued streamlining of their race weekends into a cookie cutter mold. They have, mostly, different themes but the weekends have seemingly become much more impersonal in the last few years. I realize these races have always been a business, but it feels like that purpose has intensified in the last few years.

Avengers. Discussed this a bit more in another thread. Superheroes/Avengers just don't say Disney to me and its love of Disney that leads me to spend this kind of money on a race weekend.

ETA: To each their own, but that IGC medal is hideous, as well.
I understand why people don't like the Infinity Gauntlet medal, but it does fit perfectly with its theme. In the comic books, the Infinity Gauntlet has 5 power stones and when they're combined on the gauntlet, the wearer has unlimited power or something like that. I think future Marvel movies will play up the gauntlet more. That said, it's not the most appealing design of a medal.

The race that holds the least appeal to me is Tinker Bell. But I'm positive there are others for whom Star Wars holds no appeal, so it all balances out.

The lack of etiquette and basic respect during Princess Weekend makes that race the winner of this category for me. I've done it a few times with the hopes it would improve. It has not.

I will say, I haven't done all of the weekends but I think between Princess and Tink plus the things I've heard from everyone else, Princess will be my least favorite which is a shame because I love the theming. I don't love the disrespect some runners seem to have during that weekend. I know you're a Princess and this is your special race but Disney princesses are supposed to be kind.

That said, it's not the most appealing design of a medal.
As an Avengers fan and someone who likes medals I will confirm that medal is a great choice for theming and also one of the most hideous Disney has made. I think it's partially the shape. Perhaps if they put it in a circle with like the galaxy in the background so it looked more like a medal and less like a hideous gold hand hanging from a ribbon.

I've done WDW weekend, DL 1/2, Tink, Princess, SW Light Side, and Castaway Cay. The worst by a landslide was Princess half marathon.

I would only go to Princess weekend again if it was all expenses paid. And then I would "forget" to set my alarm.

I will say, I haven't done all of the weekends but I think between Princess and Tink plus the things I've heard from everyone else, Princess will be my least favorite which is a shame because I love the theming. I don't love the disrespect some runners seem to have during that weekend. I know you're a Princess and this is your special race but Disney princesses are supposed to be kind.
I bolded what I am least looking forward to with Princess weekend...:eek: That's definitely the impression I get hearing about past Princess weekends - that sense of entitlement!

Sooooo, Princess Weekend sounds like a lot of fun:rolleyes1

As its sold out, some people must love it!

Its just best to know what you are getting into though.

Btw, I am a Princess - a Yoda Princess but a Princess. I'll stick to my right side of the road though and keep my snark comments to my brain in the race.

As someone who hasn't run Princess on a few years, y'all are scaring me!!

TBH, the last one I did I do recall being very frustrated with how packed the course was and how people-y the race is.

Looks like I have something to look forward to when I run it next month!!

I am not loving this thread... I am really looking forward to princess weekend. I promise I don't feel entitled and will be kind to other runner!

As someone who hasn't run Princess on a few years, y'all are scaring me!!

TBH, the last one I did I do recall being very frustrated with how packed the course was and how people-y the race is.

Looks like I have something to look forward to when I run it next month!!
When did you last run Princess? They have changed the corralling so that there are more, smaller corrals, and I think that does help with the course crowding. :confused3 Don't get me wrong though, still crowded!!

I ran Princess last year and although it doesn't compare to Marathon weekend to me, we had a pretty good time. The 10k was a better experience for me compared to the half. I was in Corral B with my husband for the 10k and the course wasn't too crowded but moved back to Corral G with my dad for the half and it was way more crowded. No one was super rude but there were a lot more people walking in big packs across the road instead of adhering to the "no more than two people side by side" and other course etiquette that they ask of everyone. I am all for people doing the "run, walk, run" method but one should at least try to move to the side or at least put their hand up in the air if you are going to go from running to walking or vice versa. We saw several people who would just stop and then got mad or were surprised when people slammed into them. I know these behaviors happen at every race but we sure seemed to notice a lot more at the Princess races this past February.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter