WhatsApp

Yes, I only use Whatsapp. I can't remember the last time I texted someone through my phone's messaging app.

I use it quite a lot… chatting to my children, group chats with relatives. It’s a very easy way to keep in touch.

Yep, with my friends and family. We're able to send pics quickly to one another and record short greetings that live within the app, which is nice.

I used to use WhatsApp for communicating with a couple of people overseas years ago, but haven't used it in several years. Especially with WhatsApp now being owned by Facebook, I definitely don't trust it for any private or secure conversations. If you're looking for that, I would use a messaging app like Signal.

My wife and I use it to keep in contact with friends and family outside the US and Canada. Seeing that is only uses data from your wifi or cell service and doesn't cost anything (anymore).

On T-Mobile we can text internation numbers for free, but to call you need to pay $15 more per line a month. For my wife to call cell phones in Japan is costs another $0.07 per minute on top of the $15. Without the plan any number we call is $3.00 per minute. So WhatsApp is the way to go for us.

I use it to connect with coworkers who are offshore when I'm not using my work phone that has Teams for international calling. My personal cell phone has WhatsApp.

My DD thought it was pretty cool that I was talking to a man whom I was training to assist me in my job and he called me via WhatsApp and I took the call through my car's blue tooth. He is in India. Her thoughts were, "what are they going to think of next?"

She and I use WhatsApp to text and call home when we are abroad. Why pay for LD when you can call for free?

I also have Signal, but use WA more.

WhatsApp became one of the most used app on my phone lately and really like the way it works. The only problem i had with it was a full storage, as most of my friends prefer to send me photos and videos using this messenger. That was solved quickly after reading this guide https://applenapps.com/whatsapp-storage-full-iphone/. The storage can be cleaned very easily and doesn't need any special knowledge.

Last edited:
I never text about doing something illegal so I don't have a need a special app when texting.............LOL.

I have it and primarily use it while on airplanes. Almost all of the airlines allow free messaging in the air now so I use it to communicate with people on the ground while I'm in the air or vice versa.

WhatsApp is actually my most used Social Media app. I use it to text my family in Germany, colleagues in Poland and Italy, and my business partner in India. It's a lifesaver.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter