Wheat allergy and Beaches and Cream

100acrewoodsfan

Mouseketeer
Has anyone had any experience eating at Beaches and Cream with a wheat allergy? I have a moderate allergy to wheat but can handle small amounts like cross contamination. We are going to be on the deluxe dining plan and want to try some new restaurants. I have eaten at many TS restaurants at the World before and have had wonderful experiences. My only concern is that I don't see any main dishes that don't contain large amounts of wheat. Do you know if they can make the Ceaser salad as a main dish or if they have gluten free hot dog or hamburger buns? Thanks for the help?

Under Celiac you will find some great trip reports and you can find the number for the special diet people. They have gluten free bread, rolls, buns and more. They can make you waffles and pancakes and desserts without gluten.

In searching you need to include celiac, GF, GF/CF and gluten free as they are all diets that are most commonly wheat free. Whole Foods Market is near buy and my bane as I get sick from gluttony pigging out on their food at their store in California.

They can make wheat free meals for you and tweak recipes to adapt to your special needs like no croutons on a salad, gluten free croutons, or make sure the salad dressing is gluten free. I do not know if they would make the salad a main dish but probably could for the right price, lol. Call them and they will give you a list of wheat/gluten free foods at the parks so you will be prepared.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/diningmain.cfm
Most menus are there and most items can be tweaked to fit the wheat free diet. I dream of going back to WDW because I have celiac.:woohoo:

I'm GF (gluten free) and I haven't had a problem almost aywhere at WDW. (The sushi at the California Grill has a wheat component.) Let each resturant know ahead of showing up and they will have solutions for almost everything! We plan to go back to Beaches in May. It was yummy!

Be sure to get the guide of GF foods at CS restuarants before you go. It is great to go up to the counter and get a burger with a GF bun. In an issue of Living Without (a magazine for those who ae gluten and cassin free) an article spoke about what a joy a Disney vacation is. I feel the dame way. It is the one time that I can relax about food. :mickeybar <--btw these have been GF in the past but always check the latest list before you leave home!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter