• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wheelchair and MK Fire works

gap2368

DIS Veteran
I just got back from Disney and they now have two area for wheelchair people to view the fireworks ( in front of the grassy area on Mian Street) You have to have a mobility device to use this area so people with ASD/SPD that need a little breathing room cannot be in one place for a long time this will not help you. I did have a long talk with a GR CM and she spent a lot of time asking me question and going on about who she would contact and so on ( there where other things we were talking about too.) but I thought I would give anyone a head up that is headed down that they now are offering a place to view the fireworks

They also had a part of the grassy area in front of Casey's corner not sure if this is the club level spot, and then there was another roped off area to the right of the partner statue ( again not sure if this was club leave of VIP area, but the spot in front of the grassy area where the dessert party is held is for sure

Wow! Took them long enough. In the past we have not stayed for fireworks because it was to crazy to navigate with the scooter. Thanks for the info!

Wow! Took them long enough. In the past we have not stayed for fireworks because it was to crazy to navigate with the scooter. Thanks for the info!
I hope they keep it and give people with other disabilities a place too so that we can see the fireworks too

Just a reminder (in case it's discontinued, or in other parks) nobody has to leave immediately following the nighttime show. Stick around a while. Shop. Grab an ice cream.

Just a reminder (in case it's discontinued, or in other parks) nobody has to leave immediately following the nighttime show. Stick around a while. Shop. Grab an ice cream.
I don't know if it's even the crowd leaving, but the crowd FOR the show. Our last trip we had the jogging stroller and our ASD son in it for his bubble. Someone actually STRADDLED the front wheel of the stroller right before HEA started. It was always bad with Wishes, but now that HEA is so heavy on the projections, even more people try to get as close to the castle and in front as possible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter