Wheelchair at Rose & Crown

loadsapixiedust

DIS Veteran
I need your expertise, Disers.
What is the access like for a wheelchair user at the Rose & Crown?
Will we be able to see Illuminations?
Should I ask for a patio table or are there steps to the patio and what is the view like for a child in a wheelchair?
Would we be better to eat earlier and view the fireworks from another location?

I think it'll really depend on how crowded it is. I ate at the R&C in September one year. We were able to sit on the patio so there is wheelchair access. But getting to your table might be tough because they do pack the patio with tables. So it's rough to squeeze between them. Just make sure you show up plenty early and let them know you want patio seating for a wheelchair.

BTW be careful of the wind. If the wind is blowing right at the R&C you'll get a great view and a nose full of the smoke from the fireworks. We were unlucky the night that we ate there and the smoke was coming right at us. Now I always look for the spot upwind from the lake.

I'm not certain how the view will be for your child. I use an adult wheelchair and had no problems that I remember. But I think there is a stone wall between you and the lake, about the same height as the stone wall that is in various places around the lake. So it could possibly block the view if you're lower to the ground.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter