Wheelchair seating for Fantasmic?

Earstou

DIS Veteran
Is there a wheelchair area for Fantasmic and what's it like (good view or not)?

there is a wheelchair area, I know at one point it was off to the left side in front of haunted mansion, and I think for awhile they also had wheelchair areaon the right side by the boat dock.

There is no wheelchair area (at least there wasn't) right in the center section. However there are 3 water screens so as long as you can see them, I wouldn't say theres a bad spot. Unfortunately most people feel if you're not front and center you're in a bad spot.

They usually let wheelchairs be in the back of the center riverside section, just inside the ropes, but you have to get those early.

I'll be using an ECV at the park...will there be places near any of these seating areas for my wife & daughter to sit without taking up space from other special needs persons?

iceskatejen said:
They usually let wheelchairs be in the back of the center riverside section, just inside the ropes, but you have to get those early.

yes, but I don't think this area is reserved for wheelchairs. Wheelchairs can pretty much watch the show from wherever they please. However there are (at least last time I paid attention) are no reserved sections in the center.

That area is built in tiers the bottom area closest to the lake you may have an issue (more with guests than with CMs I think) about having a wheelchair up near the river (all the way in the front) because this is a sitting section only. Further back a wheelchair would have no problems and even family sitting next to a wheelchair would have no problems.

All reserved wheelchair areas are for the person in the wheelchair or ECV and their family. The only time you would have a problem is if you're trying to get a party of 20 to sit there.

True, it's not reserved for wheelchairs, and you do need to be in the very back of the section, just inside the ropes as I said. But I've seen people do it a lot and there's never been a problem, so long as they're in the back. If you're in a wheelchair, you'll be able to see just fine because it's a sitting section.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter