Wheelchair Tip

suzysezso

<font color=deeppink>MOM upside down is WOW!<br><f
We learned a valuable lesson this weekend, and I thought I should share with all-
We were actually visiting Busch Gardens, but this would apply anywhere.
We use a wheelchair for my DS but he can get up to go on rides etc without much problem. Most rides we just leave the chair with a cast member/ride attendant and have never had a problem at Disney, Universal, or IOA but this weekend at Busch Gardens when we went on the Serengetti Safari we left the chair at the ranger station and it was stolen because no one stays at the station while we were on the 45 minute tour. Thankfully they have a great security team and the chair was recovered within an hour or so (the kids that stole it scattered when confronted so unfortunately none were caught). Anyway, from now on I will be carrying a bike lock and securing the chair when we need to leave it!

Sorry about your bad luck. It's a really nasty person who would steal a wheelchair.
We have never locked up our DD's wheelchair, but I have suggested if people want to lock one, put the cable thru either both front or both back wheels. It's possible a CM might need to move the chair for some reason and putting the lock there would allow it to be moved by tilting it up on the unlocked wheels. It would be pretty useless for anyone else though since it couldn't be easily moved.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter