Wheelchair type room help - bed frame

Lucas103

DIS Veteran
I am staying at Boardwalk and I am confused about the room types. Do all wheelchair accessible rooms have an open bed frame? I changed the room category to Florida special, but would really like a tub. I was hoping wheelchair accessible with tub had an open bed frame. Thanks for any and all help!

Does anyone else know what an "open bed frame" is?

It's a type of frame with enough space under the bed for a lift base to slide under the bed, allowing a wheelchair user to be lifted from chair to bed.

Some states require hotels to have those for people traveling with a portable lift, I think. No idea if Florida is one or Disney would have that type of bed in any HA rooms.

A couple of the roll-in shower villas we've had at VGF had low beds with space below the frame from head to foot rather than the storage space/drawers of the non-HA villas. Maybe that's the type of bed the OP is wanting? It might be since it would certainly make sense someone needing a lift would book a wheelchair accessible roll-in shower room.

We had a HA villa with tub-shower combo once but so long ago I don't recall what the bed was like. There was a portable shower bench for tub use is all I remember.

Maybe someone will know how to inquire about specific resorts. You'll only get the call center when trying to contact a resort by phone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter