When 180 days is before packages are released?

rodeo65

DIS Veteran
We are planning a trip for January 2011 and will be booking a resort package when they become available (in August to my understanding.)

Our 180 day mark is July 7. I hope someone can clue me in how to handle this. I am thinking I am going to have to book day by day at each day's 180 rather than +10 since I won't yet have a resort booked.

If I do that will they just tie everything in once we do book, and how likely is it that there will be some problem and loss of ADRs doing it this way?

The only other option I can think of is to just take my chances on getting what I want after the prices and packages for 2011 are released.

Was it 90 or 180 for the people who booked for January 2010 and if it was 180 what did you do? TIA

The 180 days came back around November 2009, so for people going in January 2010 they were already down to their 90 days. However, they had 180 days a few years ago and I am not sure what they did back then as we always go in August.

I would check once you get closer to your July ADR date. Maybe they will release packages a bit earlier now that they are back to 180 days.

If they don't I would at least book your ADRs for some of the more popular places like Le Cellier, 'Ohana and Chef Mickey if you are planning any of those.

You shouldn't have any problems with an ADR being lost. I would suggest you login before you make your ADRs. Then they should be tied to your Disney account. Even without that they will ask you for an email and phone number.

When you book you will receive a confirmation # and then an email and will be able to retrieve your reservations using the confirmation # and phone #. My experience with Disney ADRs is the two important pieces of information are the confirmation # and your phone #.

Nothing is going to be tied together, so that isn't going to be an issue. When your 180 day window comes along, you are going to have to book each day...one day at a time. With online booking this isn't a big deal though...pretty easy. I would decide where you are going to want to eat. Base your park hours on last years hours. You should be able to find historical park hours here on the DIS. Be sure to write down each ADR that you make...note the restaurant, time/date and confirmation number. Keep them all together in one place. You should be fine booking a day at a time.

Thanks for your help goofy4tink & B-Ride! The only trip we took where ADRs were an issue was last June and our 90 day booking window was, I think about a week or two before online ressies kicked in. I remember all the discussions about it around that time. Since I've never booked anything Disney online (our trip was through CAA and ADRs on the phone) I'm a little intimidated with using the system.

Can I go on, set up an account and "practice". Maybe try for some not so popular restaurants to see how it all works and then cancel them or is that not a good idea? I don't want to mess up anyone really trying to book ressies. I was planning on booking the package through the phone when it became available and figured on booking ADRs that way too, but don't love the thought of getting up at the crack of dawn for a week straight to wait on the phone. Online, I assume it's pretty quick to book them?

I believe I have the same question. I am holding out to book our Sept 2010 trip to see if they will offer the free dining again. 180 days from our arrival is March 22 and I wanted to book a couple of character meals, but may not have booked our package before then if I don't hear about the dining. Do you have to book your trip and have the confirmation number before you can book these meals? Or can you book the meals and hold on a credit card without having booked your whole package? I have seen conflicting information on this and am just trying to get a definite answer before it's time to book the meals. Any help would be appreciated. :) Thanks!!

I believe I have the same question. I am holding out to book our Sept 2010 trip to see if they will offer the free dining again. 180 days from our arrival is March 22 and I wanted to book a couple of character meals, but may not have booked our package before then if I don't hear about the dining. Do you have to book your trip and have the confirmation number before you can book these meals? Or can you book the meals and hold on a credit card without having booked your whole package? I have seen conflicting information on this and am just trying to get a definite answer before it's time to book the meals. Any help would be appreciated. :) Thanks!!

I called WDW to ask my questions about this and was told that you can book any dining ressie 180 days out so calling on the exact day is what you would do with or without resort reservations. If you want the +10 you have to have a resort reservation. In my case, since I'm waiting for packages to be released but still want to book +10 she said I can book room only to be able to do that and then upgrade to a package when it is released. Any applicable deals would be applied at the time of release.

She also said that last year the packages were released in August when the ADR window was 90 days. She didn't say it was for sure but said quite likely that since they are back to 180 days the packages could be released in late June or early July to allow for the correct timing of ADRs.

I'm not really sure what you mean by needing to wait for packages to be released. You can book right now for next year they just can't confirm the final price. Either way if you know at the 180 day mark what ADR's you want go ahead and book them. If your plans change you can always cancel the ADR's.

I'm not really sure what you mean by needing to wait for packages to be released. You can book right now for next year they just can't confirm the final price. Either way if you know at the 180 day mark what ADR's you want go ahead and book them. If your plans change you can always cancel the ADR's.

My understanding is that you can book room only right now, but they don't have any Magic Your Way packages that include tix and dining available until August (or maybe/hopefully July).

My understanding is that you can book room only right now, but they don't have any Magic Your Way packages that include tix and dining available until August (or maybe/hopefully July).

No you can book what you want they just can't give the final price now as ticket increases are usually in August. What they do is advise you of this and then when prices are set they mail it to you.

No you can book what you want they just can't give the final price now as ticket increases are usually in August. What they do is advise you of this and then when prices are set they mail it to you.

Thanks for the correction dancin Disney style. I guess I misunderstood the CM on the phone or she didn't understand my question. She said I could book room only but not a package until August.

BTW we're in Ontario also. Do you fly down or drive?

Thanks for the correction dancin Disney style. I guess I misunderstood the CM on the phone or she didn't understand my question. She said I could book room only but not a package until August.

BTW we're in Ontario also. Do you fly down or drive?

You can only book room only over the phone for 2011. They can change it into a package once rates are released. We did this in 2008 for a 2009 package. Our tickets and dining were not added until we called in August to change it into a package.

I called WDW to ask my questions about this and was told that you can book any dining ressie 180 days out so calling on the exact day is what you would do with or without resort reservations. If you want the +10 you have to have a resort reservation. In my case, since I'm waiting for packages to be released but still want to book +10 she said I can book room only to be able to do that and then upgrade to a package when it is released. Any applicable deals would be applied at the time of release.

She also said that last year the packages were released in August when the ADR window was 90 days. She didn't say it was for sure but said quite likely that since they are back to 180 days the packages could be released in late June or early July to allow for the correct timing of ADRs.

Thanks so much for the info!! :)

You can only book room only over the phone for 2011. They can change it into a package once rates are released. We did this in 2008 for a 2009 package. Our tickets and dining were not added until we called in August to change it into a package.

Ok thanks, Rachael. This is in line with what the CM told me on the phone.

You do not need to have a package booked to make ADRs. You can take advantage of 180 + 10 with any resort reservation.

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter