When A Tourist Becomes A Local! A Full Year (2019) TR! *CANCELED!*

When A Tourist Becomes A Local!

Introduction

Hello everyone and welcome to my next Trip Report! I have a lot of fun Disney experiences planned for 2019, and this is going to be a Trip Report that has updates through the end of 2019! Why do you ask? Well, the title of this Trip Report might be giving that away. I will “hopefully” be moving to the the Most Magical Place On Earth in 2019, and I will be taking all of you on the many adventures that I will be having throughout the year!

I have been on a trip already to Florida that ended recently that I will be starting updates for very soon, and my updates starting from “hopefully” becoming a local will begin later this year! :)

A picture in front of my favorite “mountain” at Walt Disney World!

A LITTLE ABOUT ME:

My name is Zach, and I grew up 20 minutes away from the Happiest Place On Earth (Disneyland) before choosing to go to school in Kansas. I still wonder why I left Disneyland for a school in a colder climate?

I’m happy that I “might” be leaving the cold weather very soon! :D

So, Disneyland is where my love for Disney began at a very young age. We would go to Disneyland about 2 times a week for most of my life.

I really like music (my Disboards name might answer that), and I actually got my degree in Music Education. I play several instruments (saxophone and piano), and I also sing. For this reason, I really like seeing shows more than riding attractions while at Disney Theme Parks. Even if I like shows more than attractions, I will still find myself going on rides.

Favorite Disney Theme Parks: Disneyland, Disney's Animal Kingdom (WDW).
Favorite Disney Theme Park Show: Festival of the Lion King.
Favorite Disney Parade: Main Street Electrical Parade.
Favorite Disney Theme Park Nighttime Show: Illuminations.
Favorite Disney Theme Park Attractions: Big Thunder Railroad, Expedition Everest, and Flight of Passage.
Favorite Disney Theme Park Entertainment: Voices of Liberty!
Favorite Disney Movies: Lion King and Toy Story (1, 2, and 3).
Favorite Disney Songs: Anything from the Lion King, A Whole New World (Aladdin), Santa Fe (Newsies - Broadway version), Seize the Day (Newsies), Go the Distance (Hercules), You've Got A Friend In Me (Toy Story), and many more.

PAST TRIP REPORTS:

• A Trip Around The World + A Fantasy Trip to Paradise! *COMPLETED 8/24/17*
  • A “Food and Non-Alcoholic Drink” Festival For Me *COMPLETED 10/1/17*
  • A Solo WDW Adventure: New Experiences, Repeat Highlights, & More! *COMPLETED 12/20/17*
  • A Solo Trip: It’s the Spirit of the Season at the Disneyland Resort! *COMPLETED 1/26/18*
  • Taking A First Time to Walt Disney World! *COMPLETED 4/8/18*
  • A Solo Trip: Is It Spring Or Winter? *COMPLETED 6/9/18*
  • When Pixar Invades the Disneyland Resort! *COMPLETED 8/6/18*
  • A Solo Trip: The Heartbeat of Freedom! *COMPLETED 10/14/18*
  • A Solo Trip: "I Can Only Imagine" A Spooky Time At Walt Disney World! *COMPLETED 1/26/19*
  • There and Back Again: A Land and Sea Disney Christmas Tale! *CURRENTLY UPDATING!*

Picture of me with Mickey and Minnie Mouse in their Birthday outfits on my most recent trip to Walt Disney World.

MORE ABOUT THIS YEAR:

I have already been on a trip in 2019 that encompassed me searching for a place to live (and maybe apply for a place to live), as well as, some time at Walt Disney World. My Dad was able to join me on this trip. We stayed a week at Saratoga Springs in a 1-bedroom DVC villa. I did many things on this trip that I haven’t experienced before, and one of those was something that I was really excited to check out. That was the EPCOT International Festival of the Arts!

My plan for this year is moving to Orlando. Did I end up finding a place to live on my most recent trip? Stay tuned to find out! :)

I am hoping to bring many Disney updates throughout the year that include the EPCOT festivals, holiday parties at the Magic Kingdom, dining reviews, resort overviews, and many daily adventures to the Theme Parks that will encompass 2019.

I hope that you enjoy…
When A Tourist Becomes A Local!

What an awesome meet and greet list of characters!! I bet that would have made for some long lines of waiting, but I would have had a hard time passing some of those up!!

Beautiful fireworks!!

So, my Dad and I would make our way to the Saratoga Springs bus stop. Apparently the not sold-out DVC Moonlight Magic Event only got the word out to those staying at Saratoga Springs (I’m joking). This line was so long. Thankfully, my Dad and I got in line early. It got so bad that they had 3 busses waiting for Saratoga Springs plus the bus that was already loading people. I definitely haven’t seen that before.
Must have been lots of people who did 1-2 night stays just for this event!

What an awesome meet and greet list of characters!! I bet that would have made for some long lines of waiting, but I would have had a hard time passing some of those up!!

Beautiful fireworks!!
It was definitely an interesting choice of characters. I really wanted to stand in some of those lines, but I really wanted to take advantage of low wait times for some attractions.

Must have been lots of people who did 1-2 night stays just for this event!
I met someone on our SSR bus to the party that said that they booked a night at SSR just so they can come to this. They lived about 2 hours away.

Congratulations on the upcoming move! I was wondering the same thing a previous poster said....Is he going to be a new voice in Voices of Liberty? I see your answer about being more gifted in instrumental music, though.

Great start to this trip. The crowd level contrast from your arrival at MK to the party....wow! Definitely worth it to attend the MM party.

Congratulations on the upcoming move! I was wondering the same thing a previous poster said....Is he going to be a new voice in Voices of Liberty? I see your answer about being more gifted in instrumental music, though.

Great start to this trip. The crowd level contrast from your arrival at MK to the party....wow! Definitely worth it to attend the MM party.
Thanks for joining in! :)

MM was definitely worth it for the freedom to walk through the MK with no crowds. It was almost like a DAH event, but with special characters and we got a free meal instead of free snacks/drinks.

Day 2: A Relaxing Day In Paradise - Part 1!

Hello everyone and welcome to Day 2 of our adventure to Walt Disney World!

My day would begin bright and early and would start by relaxing on our resort room balcony at Saratoga Springs!

“Oh what a beautiful mornin’, oh what a beautiful day!”

As my Dad and I were in Florida, our hometown area would be dealing with a snowstorm and an ice storm. So, I was happy to be in paradise and in 80 degrees!

I would then take a Lyft to the Disney Car Care Center to pick-up our rental car for the trip. I have really started to figure out that it is really nice to have a rental car while on a Disney vacation. The flexibility the car gives you is incredible.

I would drive back to Saratoga Springs to pick up my Dad, and we would be off to adventure off-property for the reason behind this Trip Report.

My Dad and I would spend the morning and early afternoon off-property. While off-property, I would stop at my favorite smoothie place called Jamba Juice and get a razzmatazz.

It would then be time to drive back to Walt Disney World property. My Dad and I would head to EPCOT.

It was time for my first experience at the Festival of the Arts!

Words can’t express how excited I was to check out this festival!

Our first stop would be to pick up our Annual Pass magnet in Mouse Gear.

Instead of checking out many festival offerings, I would travel to my favorite place at Walt Disney World. That is the American Adventure Pavilion and listen to the Voices of Liberty!

After listening to a few performances, my Dad wanted to leave EPCOT and head to Disney’s Animal Kingdom. So, we would make our way to our rental car and drive to my favorite Walt Disney World Theme Park.

When we arrived, they had a Lion King PhotoPass picture located outside of the Theme Park. As big of a Lion King fan that I am, I would have to get my picture taken with it.

I would be traveling at the same time as another DISer that many of you might know on these boards. I would be traveling at the same time as @Lesley Wake.

She had a fastpass for Na’vi River Journey. So, my Dad and I would make our way to Pandora. Lesley was willing to ask the Cast Member at the fastpass touch point if my Dad and I could go in with her, and the Cast Member was willing to let us go through the fastpass line with her.

Our adventure on Na’vi River Journey would be the first time I have seen the animatronic in a screen form.

It was a short visit with Lesley. Also, I was able to meet her Mom on our adventure through the forests of Pandora. So, after the ride, we would get a picture in front of the waterfall.

My Dad and I would say farewell to Lesley and her Mom for the evening. We would get together with them again later in the trip.

As my Dad and I left Pandora, we would walk by another Lion King photo spot and there was no line. So, I definitely had to get my photo with this backdrop as well!

It was time to walk to Kilimanjaro Safaris for our first fastpass of the day!

This would be a safari that was very close to sunset.

Here are some pictures of our safari experience:

With the sunset, I think these are some of the best pictures I have ever taken of the lions.

Our safari would then end pretty quick since there wasn’t many animals out after the lions.

My Dad and I would then make our way to our next fastpass which would be for my favorite show at Walt Disney World. That is the Festival of the Lion King!

We would find a spot in the lion section.

Here are some pictures of the show:

That was definitely a great performance of the Festival of the Lion King!

My Dad and I would then make our way out of the theater and it was off to our next fastpass!

More in my next post!

Day 2: A Relaxing Day In Paradise - Part 2!

It was time for my Dad and I to leave Africa. As we crossed the bridge, we would have a nice view of Expedition Everest.

Earlier in the evening, I was able to get a fastpass for Flight of Passage for my Dad and I. So, we were off to Pandora!

I love this picture so much with the sun setting with the Pandora floating mountains in the dark.

We would enter the Flight of Passage queue.

It wasn’t long before we were in the first room.

After a great ride, I would come upon the handprints for Joe Rohde, James Cameron, and John Landau. You only see these if you are on the correct ride area.

Funny story that happened at this moment… As I was taking that picture, other people were walking behind me. A kid asked out loud, “What is that.” The parent turned and said, “It looks like nothing.” *facepalm* If only people knew lol.

My Dad’s request for the evening was to eat at Nomad Lounge. This place really isn’t a place for a big meal, but you can get good portion sizes for a lounge.

I would get one of my favorite non-alcoholic beverages. That is the Hibiscus Henna.

For my “entree” of choice, I would get the ribs. These ribs are delicious!!!

We would also get the churros for dessert.

Definitely had a nice relaxing meal with my Dad which was really nice! :)

It was time for a first for me. That is to leave Disney’s Animal Kingdom and make our way to our resort. What is a “first” for me is usually I stay at a Theme Park to see the nighttime show. I didn’t do that this time.

While we were exiting, I came across the Lion King photo area with some lights on. So, i grabbed a quick photo. There wasn’t a PhotoPass photographer at this time.

The Tree of Life with the lights on! Beautiful!

We would make our way to the tram.

As I was driving back to Saratoga Springs, I was really considering driving to EPCOT to see Illuminations. However, I decided to rest for the evening. That is because I had a very important decision to make the next day.

At a point during the evening, I decided to walk to Disney Springs.

This was going to be a very quick trip to Disney Springs. That is because I really wanted to do one thing. That is go to Ghirardelli and get a chocolate shake!

I would then make my way back to Saratoga Springs where it would be time to rest for the evening.

Stay tuned for more updates from my Walt Disney World adventure!

The Moonlight Magic looks like a nice low crowd time in the MK

I love AK, beautiful park! The food at Nomad Lounge looks really good, we haven’t tried it yet. I will put it on my to do list.

Following! You are living my dream. Trying to figure out how I can do this too - difficult as I am Canadian.:genie:
Thank you for joining in! :)

Hopefully your dream will get to come true someday! :)

Can’t wait to hear about your important decision!
You will know very soon. :D

The Moonlight Magic looks like a nice low crowd time in the MK

I love AK, beautiful park! The food at Nomad Lounge looks really good, we haven’t tried it yet. I will put it on my to do list.
It definitely was a nice low crowd evening in the MK. It was kinda scary seeing the crowds when we entered to the time when we had it just to DVC Members who signed up for the event.

You should definitely try Nomad Lounge!

“Oh what a beautiful mornin’, oh what a beautiful day!”
:) I LOVE Oklahoma!!

Our adventure on Na’vi River Journey would be the first time I have seen the animatronic in a screen form.

That's the only way I've ever seen her! Someday I'll get to actually see her in working order!

32153605867_991c45c608_z.jpg
How nice!!

This is cool, along with the photo op at the front of the park. I hadn't realized these were available at AK now!

Just a gorgeous picture!!!

Funny story that happened at this moment… As I was taking that picture, other people were walking behind me. A kid asked out loud, “What is that.” The parent turned and said, “It looks like nothing.” *facepalm* If only people knew lol.

I haven't been on the right side to see these yet either. I love when I hear people who aren't "in the know" passing along incorrect information LOL

:) I LOVE Oklahoma!!

That's the only way I've ever seen her! Someday I'll get to actually see her in working order!

How nice!!

This is cool, along with the photo op at the front of the park. I hadn't realized these were available at AK now!

Just a gorgeous picture!!!

I haven't been on the right side to see these yet either. I love when I hear people who aren't "in the know" passing along incorrect information LOL
I thought at least one person would catch that reference to the classic musical. :)

The animatronic is really cool in person. I was a little disappointed to see the screen.

It's always great to see a friend while at a Disney Theme Park.

I don't know if they are permanent or temporary, but they are popping up to celebrate the 25th Anniversary of the Lion King.

Thanks! :)

Sometimes I just have to hold back to try and not correct people. I was happy I was able to do it this time, but I wish people wouldn't just assume that something isn't important or has no significance.

The suspense! It looks like you and your Dad had a nice day.
You will know very soon.

We definitely did.

Day 3: Celebrating My Big News - Part 1!

Hello everyone and welcome to Day 3 of my Walt Disney World adventure. Today was definitely a very crazy day.

My day started by making a very important decision. My Dad and I would drive to an apartment complex that I decided to hopefully make my home in Orlando. It was a long 30 minutes, but I finally finished the application. It was then time for the waiting game.

My Dad and I would then drive thru Chick-Fil-A since it was lunch time. We would take it back to Saratoga Springs where I would enjoy my lunch on our balcony.

Eventually, I would leave my Dad since I was meeting a friend off-property at a Starbucks. I would go with a grande double Chocolaty Chip Frappachino. Definitely one of my favorites!

When I left Starbucks and was on my way back to Walt Disney World, I would receive a very important phone call that would bring some really great news.

:dogdance: :cool1: :jumping1:

I am officially moving to Orlando, Florida!!!

:dogdance: :cool1: :jumping1:

The apartment complex called, and it was some welcoming news that I had been dreading and stressing over for several months. So, there was only one thing to do. Go celebrate at Walt Disney World!!!

I would go pick up my Dad at Saratoga Springs and we were off to EPCOT!

It was time to ride the tram to the front gate.

We would finally see Spaceship Earth and we were off to have some fun in EPCOT.

I love this Festival of the Arts banner on the bridge between England and France for obvious reasons. :D

I would leave my Dad for a little bit, because I was off to my favorite spot. The American Adventure Pavilion!

It was time for some Voices of Liberty performances!

After a nice afternoon listening to the Voices of Liberty, I would decide to see my first performance of the Disney On Broadway Concert Series at the America Gardens Theater. This was a concert series that I was really looking forward to seeing several times on this trip since I am a huge fan of Broadway.

Tonights performance would be Gavin Lee (who originated Bert in Mary Poppins on Broadway and the West End) and Heidi Blickenstaff (who was Ursula in the Little Mermaid on Broadway and was in the stage/movie productions of Freaky Friday)! I was more excited to see Gavin Lee.

I would get a great seat for the first performance of the evening.

It was finally time for the performance. They would sing songs from High School Musical, Mary Poppins, Little Mermaid, Freaky Friday, and Aladdin!

Here are some pictures of their performance:

They put on an absolutely incredible show! I was very impressed, and I would see if I could possibly see them again later in the trip.

It was time to meet back up with my Dad since we had some fastpasses to use.

I would make my way to the Land Pavilion where we would have a fastpass for Living With the Land.

I don’t think a fastpass was really needed for this attraction.

This attraction definitely gives a unique view if you ride it at night.

Our final fastpass for the evening was for Test Track!

The car that I made:

It was time to start making our way to our dinner reservation. We would be having dinner this evening with @Lesley Wake and her Mom at my Dad’s favorite restaurant. Before we would meet up though, we would take a couple detours.

I would come across the chalk art. So, I would take some pictures of several of the artworks.

As we were getting close to our destination, I would stop in one of the art booths where I would pick up my first picture of this trip. As most of you know, I absolutely LOVE the Lion King. I also really love Young Simba. So, when I saw this picture of Young Simba and Mufasa, I had to have it!

My Dad and I arrived at our destination to have dinner with Lesley and her Mom!

More in my next post!

Day 3: Celebrating My Big News - Part 2!

It was nice to finally meet up with @Lesley Wake and her Mom in EPCOT where we would have dinner reservations at Rose & Crown!

We would tell the waitress that I’m moving to Orlando. At first, I wanted a virgin strawberry daiquiri, but they couldn’t make those at Rose & Crown. What other drink could I get to possibly celebrate this occasion? Well, I would ask for a shirley temple instead. When the waitress brought it out, she put a light up cube inside which really brought the kid out in me again. :D

I was really enjoying myself with the light up cube in my drink. :D

Lesley, her Mom, my Dad, and I had a nice patio seat with an ok view of World Showcase, but we were still having a great time talking.

My meal of choice at the Rose and Crown is always the Fish & Chips! Definitely some of the best fish & chips I have ever had!

So, the main reason why we had an ok patio view was we had a time where we could have a possible view of Illuminations. We would have an ok view, but we missed some of the higher fireworks.

Here are some pictures of the show from our table at Rose and Crown:

It was definitely a unique view of Illuminations, but it was also nice to sit down during the show.

So, after a nice meal with Lesley and her Mom, my Dad and I would start making our way out of EPCOT.

I would run into Lesley and her Mom again later in trip briefly, but this is the only time we had scheduled to spend some time together.

My Dad and I would finally come across Spaceship Earth.

Since my Dad and I left Rose and Crown a little bit after the show, we would get to walk out of EPCOT with little to no crowds which was nice.

It was time to drive back to Saratoga Springs and rest. It was time to have a fun week with my Dad at Walt Disney World since we would not have to deal with anymore apartment hunting!

More in my next post!

Last edited:
VIDEOS: Disney On Broadway - Gavin Lee and Heidi Blickenstaff!

Here are two videos of the Gavin Lee (original Bert in Mary Poppins on Broadway and the West End) and Heidi Blickenstaff (Ursula in the Little Mermaid on Broadway and the stage/movie productions of Freaky Friday) Disney on Broadway Concert at EPCOT! They put on a fantastic show!!! Gavin Lee can also dance very well!

Make sure you watch my videos in HD!

Gavin Lee Singing A “Mary Poppins Medley” W/ Heidi Blickenstaff At EPCOT!

*MUST WATCH!*

Here is Gavin Lee performing a “Mary Poppins Medley” that features Heidi Blickenstaff and some of his awesome tap dancing!

Heidi Blickenstaff Perfroming “Poor Unfortunate Souls” At EPCOT!

Here is Heidi Blickenstaff performing "Poor Unfortunate Souls" from the Little Mermaid on Broadway! Awesome performance!

I hope that you enjoyed the videos!

Stay tuned for more updates from my Walt Disney World adventure!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter