When are you planning to return to DLR?

I was going to buy our plane tickets for our WDW in trip in June this week but going to give it a few weeks before I do so. Just to see if we get more info on the out of state restriction to help me make a decision and go from there.

I don't want to go rushing back through until I make sure none of the rides (that matter to us anyways) are closed. It'd be a dealbreaker for us if indoor rides (like Pirates or HM) were closed due to restrictions. Since Haunted Mansion and its 'new enhancements' 👀 were mentioned in the blog post Disney posted I think they'll be safe though.

My son is also dyiiiing to see Avengers Campus- he's a big Marvel fan. We were originally (pre-covid) booked for the July 2020 opening week just for that reason so that also factors in. He's had money saved up for so long for it so our return trip will likely happen right when the land opens for his sake. I'm sure the opening date for the land will also correspond with when the out of staters can come again so it'll all work out at the same time I hope!

All I know is the kiddo is like "Mom, Avengers Campus or no deal!" 😂
Yeah I was hoping for Aug 2021 but need it to be open to out-of-state guests. Also will be keeping an eye on rides that will be closed. I would like to book flights, but I definitely won’t do that until I know more.

Were you able to go all the way up to the gates? When I was at DTD a couple of weeks ago they had DL roped off so you couldn't get too close.
The gates have been roped off since the park closed last year. I believe they came down when A Touch of Disney kicked off.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll be able to get tickets for early June once the reservation system opens, but part of me isn't sure I should spend the money since we're talking a trip to WDW in December. I miss my park though!

Well, we have a dance competition in San Diego the last week of June, so I'm hoping they open up to out-of-state people by the first week of July. We're hoping to go then and use our five-day tickets bought last year. Dunno what they'll do about the park hopper we paid for...

I'm partially vaccinated myself, but will probably wait until 2022 for herd immunity or additional vaccination. I do plan on either flying in for the day or staying onsite and splurging for the GCH or PPH just to negate any additional public travel.

I am at the point I would go tomorrow if they would let me. I'm even looking at WDW pricing because I am missing my Disney fix. But I think we are still hoping for November (although I may break down and try to go as soon as they let out of state people come in)

Big time scored a 1br VGC reservation for a week Sept 16-23... booked a month ago before the opening announcement, so had to jump at the chance. It’ll be the first time we’re able to use our DVC points, had to rent out last year’s for obvious reasons. I figure we’ll probably never be able to get a decent reservation at VGC again, since we own at Aulani, so I’m pretty excited! Now we’re just waiting for ticket info, hoping and praying for military tickets, but at this point we’ll just be happy to get in!

Really really hoping to be able to go the first week of October (out of state) to coordinate with other plans and save some stress and money

As soon as possible, my family can’t wait. We had annual passes and will have to adjust how many times we go, but will make the best of it.

I made a reservation for DLH in Nov but I’ll be watching to go earlier in hopes that crowds are lower when *only* CA can go. Hopefully APs will be offered before I go...that will probably be a deciding factor

Just booked four nights for mid November 🤞 Still a long shot for us as not only are we not CA residents, we aren't from the US (hello from Canada, where the dang border is still closed). Good thing the hotel is fully refundable ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter