When Did I Get Voted Off of Skinny Island & Why is This Fat Shadow Stalking Me?

:yay: for you!!

I so wanted to drive through a fast food restaurant on the way home from picking up DS7 from school. Instead I came home and had a bowl full of sliced dill pickles!! :woohoo: Don't get me wrong. I'll make myself something else later and then dinner tonight. BUT the fact that I resisted the drive thru for a snack at home is a BIGGIE for me!

:banana: for support!

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: YAY for RESISTING THE URGE!!!

First Name and Screen name: Kathleen aka Leenk
What your Goal Is for Fitness: Lose the pounds I added in college and med school, about 30 or so
Food that you Find Hardest to Eat in Moderation: Anything salty, crunch and ends in -os (Cheetos, Doritos, Fritos...)
Favorite Good Food for You: Oatmeal? I don't like most veggies and fruits.
Favorite Form of Exercise: Skiing
What Your Goal is For Yourself when you get to Skinny Island: I want to look good in my wedding dress and not resemble a beluga whale (date is set for Oct 16, 2010)
Family: Engaged, but DF is currently deployed in Afghanistan... also live with a high maintenance kitty who demands constant belly rubs and head scratches

Welcome to WISH to those of you new to the WISH boards! Let me tell you from experience, you CAN do this with the right information and support.

The Goddess thread here on WISH is living proof. We all met here on WISH 2 years ago, and in that time we went from overweight and inactive to a group who is doing the Princess Half Marathon next month! Yes, 8 of us are getting together down in the World and running 13.1 miles together. As a team. Team Goddess! We have members of our thread who have lost tons of weight, who have completed marathons, triathlons, long distance bike races, and more.

So from all of us here on Team Goddess, welcome to WISH and good luck!

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: YAY for RESISTING THE URGE!!!

First Name and Screen name: Kathleen aka Leenk
What your Goal Is for Fitness: Lose the pounds I added in college and med school, about 30 or so
Food that you Find Hardest to Eat in Moderation: Anything salty, crunch and ends in -os (Cheetos, Doritos, Fritos...)
Favorite Good Food for You: Oatmeal? I don't like most veggies and fruits.
Favorite Form of Exercise: Skiing
What Your Goal is For Yourself when you get to Skinny Island: I want to look good in my wedding dress and not resemble a beluga whale (date is set for Oct 16, 2010)
Family: Engaged, but DF is currently deployed in Afghanistan... also live with a high maintenance kitty who demands constant belly rubs and head scratches

Thanks!!
:goodvibes

It's a marathon, not a race, though. I know I'll be back in that fast food line again. The next battle is when I do give in and eat fast food that I plan out what I'm gonna order before I get there and count the points and plan the rest of the days meals around those points! One of my biggest issues is forgiving myself and not just throwing up my hands at any perceived 'cheating'. I'm really working on all foods are ok in moderation! As long as you budget your calories, just like you'd budget your bank account!

Congrats on your upcoming wedding!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love: That's great!! As a girl that has bought not one but TWO plus sized wedding dresses, :rotfl2: I totally understand your skinny island goal! :thumbsup2

:lmao: :lmao: at food ending in -os!

Nachos, burritos, taquitos, tacos, tostitos.... Just say no to -os! :laughing:

I have lurked on the boards for years and want to be in on the ground floor!

First Name and Screen name: Suzi - Tigger55
What your Goal Is for Fitness: I lost 40 pounds during 2009 and would like to lose 20 more. I haven't gained back, but I haven't lost since Sepptember either. To be "politically correct" I should say that I want to be healthier, but to be truthfull, I want to look better
Hardest to Eat in Moderation: BREAD - Potatoes - Pasta
Favorite Good Food for You: I like fruits and vegetables, just to lazy to prep them
Favorite Form of Exercise: None. I go to work at 4:30 am with great intentions of exercising when I get home, but then I spend the afternoons lurking on the boards instead.
What Your Goal is For Yourself when you get to Skinny Island: To have my Family think "She looks pretty good for an old lady.

Family: Dh Dave - never noticed the 80 pounds that I gained after 35 years of marriage. Kerri - 34, Julie -32, David J - 31. 4 Beautiful Granddaughters.

First Name and Screen name: Dan and grumpyoungguy (Dawn seriously if I post you have my screen name...LOL)
What your Goal Is for Fitness: When I push away from the desk I dont want to hear the beep, beep, beep like a backing semi. I would like to be able to lay on the beach and not have some eco friendly green peace freaks try to push me back in the water like I am Shamu. Oh yeah, and it would be nice if I could go into a store and not feel like I am being stalked for my ivory.
Food that you Find Hardest to Eat in Moderation: Wow, how long do you have. Isn't there a limit to the size of a post on here. I love almost all foods.
Favorite Good Food for You: Hummus. There is nothing funny about hummus.
Favorite Form of Exercise: walking or swimming
What Your Goal is For Yourself when you get to Skinny Island: I intend to sneak on at night, drug the security patrol and take out the hidden cameras. Or, I could just exercise and eat less thereby receiving a free pass.
Family: Engaged, to a funny wonderful woman who will remain nameless. I will keep her anonymity to save her the embarrasment of my size.

To All,

I weighed in 2002 586 pounds today I weigh 340. It is not easy to lose weight (also I am 6'6" but that is no excuse for my weight). No matter what avenue you take Shannn it is not easy. I made the decision you are making and either way it is work. The surgery is permanent but like anything else it can fail if you do not work the plan. I will tell you it is also very dangerous. I came very close to dying 3 times. If given the opportunity and knowing what I know today I would do it again. You see I would be dead right now if it had not been for the surgery. I went under the knife on Friday the 13th of September. It was FRIDAY the 13th! on top of that it was exactly 3 years to the day that my dad had been found dead from cardiac failure due to 43 years of smoking and being over weight. So no matter what, you are a brave soul to do what is right for you to be successful. For all others DITTO!!! you all are beautiful and awesome for taking the plunge to do what is best for you and your lives. I have read the reason everyone wants to loose weight and noone said so I can be a super model. It isnt about that for me either it is about being comfortable in my body and getting the most life has to offer.

I hope I have not offended anyone but I just started writing and this is what came out. I feel it is more natural that way. No corrections no regrets!!!

Good luck all and I look forward to a beautiful journey!

:Feel good about myself, feel sexy again (hope I'm not offensive to anyone, but right now I can't imagine how my husband can even want to with me!) I know this feeling... Let me just say I have to have the room dark for me to feel comfy... :sad2:, play more with my kids, have choices of places to shop, buy clothes because I love them not because they come in my size, get off my diabetes/cholesteral/bloodpressure medications...
Family:I live with my mom who's undergoing chemo right now, my husband of 17 years Sam, my 8 year old son Morgan, and my 6 year old daughter Lily

So, my place in this journey is very different from most people's right now. I am 2 months away from sending in my paperwork to my insurance company to get approved for weight-loss surgery. The surgery I'm planning on having is called a BPD-DS (Bilopancreatic diversion with duodenal switch.) They will decrease the size of my stomach and then a large amount of my intestines will be bypassed so I won't absorb as much of my food. In order to have my surgery, I had to have a psychiatric evaluation, attempt support group meetings, and complete a 6 month doctor supervised diet. I have 2 more appointments~ March & April~ left before we can ask for insurance approval. Then hopefully we will schedule my surgery for the beginning of the summer.

I need to show some compliance to the diet and begin to work on the exercise that I'll need to do after the surgery. I don't know how strict I'll be with myself, but I do need someplace to hold myself accountable.

I hope y'all will still allow me to join the group, even though I'm taking a different path.

I would love to hear all about your journey to a healthier you. I could never get surgery though. I'd be way to scared.

What Your Goal is For Yourself when you get to Skinny Island: To be able to buy clothes in any department store, not just Lane Bryant or the plus size section. To be able to go to any event, any restaurant or venue or party or whatever and not make out the fat plan before I go. Where can I sit, how can I fit across the room between those chairs without bumping a b o o b into someone's champagne glass etc!!

Me too!!! I hate having a fat plan before going somewhere.

Family: I'm a SAHM mom, married to a wonderful man who happens to be a chef. Which is both good and bad! He is doing weight watchers with me, and we have come up with some yummy healthy recipes, I'd be happy to share. I am looking forward to hearing what everyone else comes up with eating wise!
I have two boys, ages 7 and 2. Love them dearly! DS7 learns all about healthy eating and exercise in school so he's very supportive and the 2 year old will eat anything so that helps with the whole healthy eating business.

I've been overweight most of my life but unlike most stories you hear on TV, I don't know why. I haven't been able to identify my 'demon' in my past that pushed me toward food. And I consider myself a fairly instrospective person. So thats a goal of mine too! Like Dawn said, you have to look at the whole reflection, not just the neck down.

Thanks for doing this Dawn!!!! :hug:

I would love to hear about the different meals that you guys have come up with. :thumbsup2 I will be here helping you find out what your 'demon' is. My 'demon' is a team of them. I've got tons of things I can blame it on... but really that is probably what got me to this point, so I'm done doing that.

Mine would be 12th Ave Bacon :lmao:

Okay so I was eating my dinner and reading along and I came to your post and almost had my dinner come out my nose... :rotfl2:

Mine would be Superior Fitz or Fitz Superior... depending on which way you put it. lol

Mine would be Bannerman Molson :confused3

Hey on a side note - I ate lunch today and have had 4 glasses of water :woohoo: (Okay so I failed on breakfast but we all have to start somewhere)

I too failed with breakfast... I had Mickey D's. I looked up the calories after I signed on to this thread and :scared1: I can not believe I put that crap in my mouth!!! It was half of my daily calorie limit! :sick:

My Husband Robert who gets on kicks to lose weight and once he loses some he loses interest and then gains it back and usually some extra. When he is in a weight loss mood he can be real supportive otherwise he's like a little evil nymph dancing around and offering me cake and pizza. Though I don't live with her I live next door to my mom. She has been on a weight loss crusade lately and rather than actually being supportive of me she gives me looks and makes little comments any time I eat something that she feels is inappropriate or when I don't exercise and that kind of thing make me want to collapse on the couch with a bag of chips.

I think my real problem is I just love food and seem to have no idea when to stop eating. I have been trying to eat less and thereby shrink my stomach and get full faster. That end of things is working ok so far but I am not seeing any really change on the scale so that is discouraging. As far as exercise I know I am lazy so not really motivated there to begin with. But then last year I dislocated my knee and had to have surgery to repair it. I did the physical therapy, that was kind of exercise but the only reason I broke a sweat was how out of shape I was to begin with. And the PT helped but I am still not back to normal and there are some things I still cannot do. Plus I am just so afraid of having my knee go out on me again that I talk myself out of trying something to see if I can do it. So having gone into all that I am really hoping that having this thread and being accountable to other people who are going through the same kind of stuff I am will help me get my big bottom in gear and lose this weight!
Thank you for starting this Dawn and I really look forward to talking to you guys as time progresses. Good luck everyone.

I really can't handle people that criticize what I put into my mouth. Makes me want to grab all the junk I can and eat it in front of them... (That comes from childhood, just have to figure out how to deal with it now.)

Making your stomach smaller by eating less is a good plan. At least you know that you won't be gaining, so the number won't be going up while you are trying to lose weight! :thumbsup2

The biggest for me though - is entering the food BEFORE I eat it because when I face the facts of caloric value - half the time I say it is no not worth it and change my mind on what to eat.

While I was losing this is exactly what I would do too! I would even go as far as exercising off the calories of what ever I wanted to eat so that I could eat it. Although once I was done exercising I no longer wanted to 'spend' my calories on what ever it was I was craving.

Sounds like a lot of us here need a food prep day to help the excuse train get off the tracks!

I have been known to buy the food and if I don't prep it and put it away ready to eat - and just put it straight in the fridge...it gets in the trash all fuzzy and green 2 weeks later. Such a waste! I would be saving money spending the $1 extra for the washed and ready produce in tha case!:mad:

So my rule is - home and prepped then put away.

That is a great idea. I just bought a bunch of veggies that I can prep for this weekend. During the week while I'm home I don't have that problem.

I so wanted to drive through a fast food restaurant on the way home from picking up DS7 from school. Instead I came home and had a bowl full of sliced dill pickles!! :woohoo: Don't get me wrong. I'll make myself something else later and then dinner tonight. BUT the fact that I resisted the drive thru for a snack at home is a BIGGIE for me!

:thumbsup2 That is a huge thing! I love dill pickles too! (on a side note. The pickles will make you hold more water than normal, so when weighing yourself, keep that in mind.)

Welcome to WISH to those of you new to the WISH boards! Let me tell you from experience, you CAN do this with the right information and support.

The Goddess thread here on WISH is living proof. We all met here on WISH 2 years ago, and in that time we went from overweight and inactive to a group who is doing the Princess Half Marathon next month! Yes, 8 of us are getting together down in the World and running 13.1 miles together. As a team. Team Goddess! We have members of our thread who have lost tons of weight, who have completed marathons, triathlons, long distance bike races, and more.

So from all of us here on Team Goddess, welcome to WISH and good luck!

Thanks for the welcome! I'm looking forward to doing this. :cool1: I would love to get to the point where I can run in the Princess Half Marathon! That would be amazing! I hate running, but it has always been something that I wanted to do, because I've been told for so long that I can't. So I should probably add that as one of my end goals. :yay:

Dawn - Molson is a dog ( a sheppard hound that is snoring so loud right now it is hard to think)

I think the trick to loosing weight is moderation and not denying yourself too much or you will eventually give in and gourge.

My DH is a big McDonalds fan and I know that I am not going to go through the rest of my life and never eat at McDonalds again. We would eat there 3 times a week at least. We have set a new rule that Fri nights will be our take out night (that means McD's to hubby) so he is in charge of picking dinner up on his way home from work. We don't eat any fast food the rest of the week and we only go out to eat at a resturant once a month now. This is a big change for us and I thought DH would have the hardest time with it but he came home from work about 20 minutes ago and no supper. He says he forgot so maybe we can cut this fast food down even more.

Football isn't big up here in Canada so I don't have to worry about the Superbowl this weekend so that is a plus. Good luck to all of you who are partying this weekend. Guess I better go and figure out something for dinner:laughing:

Wow!!! 4 pages already!!!
I'll have to go back and read, but I'm joining in! I'm hoping to drop 10-15 pounds. And I'll go on record as saying that I have NO will power! So I could definitely use the motivation and company on the journey! Oh, and I really don't like exercise, so any ideas to do something fun will be good for me!
Thanks for starting this Dawn!
Okay -
screen name - Mndisneygirl
real name - Sheree (pronounced like Sherri)
fitness goal - to get more muscle, tone up the flabby belly and get flexible
food hard to eat in moderation - sweets - anything with chocolate, and dips -pretty much any kind
favorite good food - fruit
exercise - I like doing the Wii Fit yoga and strength exercises or walking. I can't run because of knee problems caused by years of figure skating
At skinny island - I will wear the trendy clothes, snug fitting tops and have no muffin tops!
Family - married for almost 13 years with 2 kids and a dog

I'm thinking the key for me is not to totally deprive myself of foods I love, just to eat less and move more.
Dawn - I'll email you!

Oh, the siren song of the drive-thru so hard to resist. Congrats on driving by! :cheer2:

Leash, I know what you mean when you say you get discouraged when there isn't a big change on the scale. When that happens to me, I first try to remind myself that I didn't get to this body weight overnight so it won't come off overnight. I also do Dawn's trick of measuring. Back when I did Nutri-system (before I discovered my allergy to high amounts of soy) there were weeks when I didn't see a change in the scale but saw huge changes in the number of inches lost. One week, I lost 0 pounds but 7 inches off my body overall!! (Of course, it has all come back on now ARRGGGG). So, the second part of Dawn's accountability plan is truly a help. Plus, now there are a lot of us to help keep momentum going when we feel discouraged, right???

I had never really thought about measuring before, it's just so ingrained that you must lose pounds and if you don't you are doing something wrong. I'm gonna measure and weigh in over the weekend so we'll see which gets smaller faster.
I did Weight Watchers before my wedding and I think I lost about 25 pounds but I was hungry all the time and thought about food all the time because I was hungry and because I was just trying to figure out the points for everything. Here I am about 3 years later and I gained back all the weight and then some. I have come to the conclusion the "diets" don't work for me, I just don't have the right mindset.
I having read some of the posts from you guys I am sure we will find ways to motivate each other either through humor and nice encouragment or threats of torture. :rolleyes1

OK! Here we go! :goodvibes

First Name: CamilleScreen Name:Millie12591
What My Goal For Fitness Is:To feel good. I know that sounds lame, but I just want to feel good in my body again. I use to weigh a buck 25 and didn't love my body even then. Now that I know I can love me for me, and I know I'm waaaay more than the sum total of my weight and have no illusions about that, I want to feel good in my own skin. Is that to much to ask for? :confused3 ;) I know myself to well to put out a big # of pounds I want to lose, I will totally self sabotage if I do, so the # of pounds I want to lose right now is 2. :eek: I know your thinking she's nuts. Wellllll, I'm am, but not about this. :laughing: My goal will always be 2 lb.'s and then the next two and the next two. It works for me and doesn't over whelm my way of thinking, if I do it any other way I will give up and think it's to hard. There it is, not cute, not funny, just is what it is. ;)
Food I Find Hardest To Eat In Moderation:I know this won't sound like an excuse because someone else on here said the same thing...I don't find any food hard to put down. I've always been an under eater. Yes there are such things and still be over weight (your body thinks it's in starvation mode so it holds onto anything you eat thinking it won't eat again). I know this because I am one, I am one who can literally go through a day and either not eat or eat my first meal of the day anywhere from 5 in the evening to dinner time. :guilty:
I hate it, and I've made huge strides lately to correct that!! :yay: I've started doing a shake sorta thing in the morning, it helps me stay on track to eating at more regular times through the day, but I'm still having a hard time eating as often as I should (every four hours).

Favorite Good Food For Me: Hmmmm, I love food, all kinds of it. You wouldn't know it by the way I don't always eat it. I just hate preparing it. :confused3 I don't understand it, and I don't expect you to either. :laughing: I love veggies, and fruits and there is very little foods I won't at least try or eat.
Favorite Form Of Exercise: Recumbent bike. It's actually one of the few things I can use due to few physical issues. I also love bouncing and sitting on my exercise ball. I've started just a few weeks ago to learn to sit on it to try and balance as a way of strengthening my core muscles. Something we lose when we sit all day, at a desk, couch what have you. So when I'm homeschooling or doing what ever(Don't kill me Dawn for saying this-private joke) I sit on my exercise ball. Sometimes when I'm stressed out I go and sit on my ball and bounce or balance, it's actually becoming addicting. :confused3 Who the heck knew?!?
Goal For Myself When I Get To Skinny Island:Hmmm, to just be able to put on a pair of jeans and say...."Dang girl! You look Good! And ask my daughter, do these jeans make my butt look big? And for her to say yes, and be proud about it. :goodvibes I've always been blessed with a POW! booty, even when I weighed 125.
My DH says the sexiest thing he likes to see on a woman is a pair of jeans and a t-shirt. :confused3 Well, I guess I want to look good in a pair of jeans and a t-shirt. Oh! And be able to walk into any store and be able to walk out happy without having to leave and go to the fat girls store.

Family: DH, two kids dd10 and DS17
By the way, I'm a woman who believes we are all adults here, we don't need to beat one another over the head with guilt or verbal bashing to get us where we need to be. I'll just let you know...God is in my life, part of having Him in my life has taught me to try and I will say this again TRY to do everything with honor, and I'm not perfect at it. I'm not even perfect at having God in my life! :crazy2: I'm just sayin. ;)
So I'm not sure how much "pushing" (meaning: getting harsh) you can do with me and have it come out with a good outcome. I'm just putting that out there. If you want pushing from me....I'll give it and I'm not one to hold back honesty so don't be alarmed if you hear it from me (if you ask). I will just wrap it (hopefully always) in an honoring way and hope you can take from it, but I also expect the same in return. I'll try and not be a velvet covered brick, if you will. :laughing:
I feel this needs to be a place for us to honor one another where we are and not try and mold one another to be ourselves, or what we think others should do or be, I've had plenty of that....even in a church. (Yes people can suck in the church, that's why their there, to hopefully get better) ;) It doesn't work to try and mold people. God created each and every one of us to be individuals, we all have faults, quirks, talents, gifts and sometimes just plain silly wonderful things about us. If He wanted us to all be alike then He would have made us that way.
I feel we need to have allowances and respect to those differences and to one another in order to obtain a sense of peace and our goals.
Dawn knows my heart, she also knows I will go out of my way to try and not step on someone's toes, and I will also go out of my way to be kind and good hearted and encouraging to others. Isn't that what were here for, to encourage one another!! :woohoo:
So Game On Girls!!!! :woohoo: Skinny Island.....Here We Come!!! :yay:

Sorry, Dawn, but there is just nothing sexy about

Pine Button ??

Sounds like a cleaning product! :lmao:

I tried out the Biggest loser game for the Wii today. I tried the Easy 4-week level. I figured then I wouldn't miss it when I leave for Disney. But anyways...back to my point. It was harder than I thought Easy should be. :rotfl: But I did feel like I was working out. It was 25 minutes and I was sweating like crazy after I was done. So between the new game and my elliptical I hope I'll lose something. The game seems to think that I'll lose 12 pounds in four weeks. I'll take that. :woohoo:

I tried out the Biggest loser game for the Wii today. I tried the Easy 4-week level. I figured then I wouldn't miss it when I leave for Disney. But anyways...back to my point. It was harder than I thought Easy should be. :rotfl: But I did feel like I was working out. It was 25 minutes and I was sweating like crazy after I was done. So between the new game and my elliptical I hope I'll lose something. The game seems to think that I'll lose 12 pounds in four weeks. I'll take that. :woohoo:

I knew I shoulda got DS7 a Wii instead of a PS3!

I'm actually joining a gym next Friday, with my sister. :scared1: :scared1:

Scared does not even beging to describe it. I looked at the Y but the dues are ridonkdiculous and the gym I'm joining is only 9 bucks a month and no contract! I figure if I can join it and keep it up then I can reward myself with a snazzier gym! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the encouragement!!!!!

Good job being done doing the blame game!! It's just a delicate balance isn't it? Understanding why you are the way you are and blaming something for the way you are?

:hug:

So Game On Girls!!!! :woohoo: Skinny Island.....Here We Come!!! :yay:

:hug: Millie, my fellow Austinite! I think it's awesome that you know yourself so well !! So glad you're here!!

I having read some of the posts from you guys I am sure we will find ways to motivate each other either through humor and nice encouragment or threats of torture. :rolleyes1

:rotfl: @ threats of torture. Thanks for the drive thru drive by props! :goodvibes

My DH is a big McDonalds fan and I know that I am not going to go through the rest of my life and never eat at McDonalds again. We would eat there 3 times a week at least. We have set a new rule that Fri nights will be our take out night (that means McD's to hubby) so he is in charge of picking dinner up on his way home from work. We don't eat any fast food the rest of the week and we only go out to eat at a resturant once a month now. This is a big change for us and I thought DH would have the hardest time with it but he came home from work about 20 minutes ago and no supper. He says he forgot so maybe we can cut this fast food down even more.

Mickey D's is a huge issue for me. I grew up in a small town that didn't have one so to this day it's still a treat for me. Even 3 -4 times a week. I even know the drive thru guy and he knows me! That's how often I go there. Lately my orders are getting better. One small kids size cheeseburger plain, small fry, diet coke, 1 packet of bbq sauce. That's about 12 pts I think and I'm allowed 31 a day. I just build a meal on their nutritional menu on their website first and figure out the points BEFORE I order. You can do it!! Once a week won't break the calorie bank if we plan ahead!!!

That's one thing I like about WeightWatchers. You get flex points so you have x # of points a day and then 35 extra a week to use whenever/however. It's good for a treat or splurge, like eating take out once a week! NOT that I am in any way trying to push WW on anyone. But the philosophy holds true to any diet, IMHO! :upsidedow

First Name and Screen name: Dan and grumpyoungguy (Dawn seriously if I post you have my screen name...LOL)
What your Goal Is for Fitness: When I push away from the desk I dont want to hear the beep, beep, beep like a backing semi. I would like to be able to lay on the beach and not have some eco friendly green peace freaks try to push me back in the water like I am Shamu. Oh yeah, and it would be nice if I could go into a store and not feel like I am being stalked for my ivory.
Food that you Find Hardest to Eat in Moderation: Wow, how long do you have. Isn't there a limit to the size of a post on here. I love almost all foods.
Favorite Good Food for You: Hummus. There is nothing funny about hummus.
Favorite Form of Exercise: walking or swimming
What Your Goal is For Yourself when you get to Skinny Island: I intend to sneak on at night, drug the security patrol and take out the hidden cameras. Or, I could just exercise and eat less thereby receiving a free pass.
Family: Engaged, to a funny wonderful woman who will remain nameless. I will keep her anonymity to save her the embarrasment of my size.

To All,

I weighed in 2002 586 pounds today I weigh 340. It is not easy to lose weight (also I am 6'6" but that is no excuse for my weight). No matter what avenue you take Shannn it is not easy. I made the decision you are making and either way it is work. The surgery is permanent but like anything else it can fail if you do not work the plan. I will tell you it is also very dangerous. I came very close to dying 3 times. If given the opportunity and knowing what I know today I would do it again. You see I would be dead right now if it had not been for the surgery. I went under the knife on Friday the 13th of September. It was FRIDAY the 13th! on top of that it was exactly 3 years to the day that my dad had been found dead from cardiac failure due to 43 years of smoking and being over weight. So no matter what, you are a brave soul to do what is right for you to be successful. For all others DITTO!!! you all are beautiful and awesome for taking the plunge to do what is best for you and your lives. I have read the reason everyone wants to loose weight and noone said so I can be a super model. It isnt about that for me either it is about being comfortable in my body and getting the most life has to offer.

I hope I have not offended anyone but I just started writing and this is what came out. I feel it is more natural that way. No corrections no regrets!!!

Good luck all and I look forward to a beautiful journey!

Well said Dan! Nice to kinda sorta meet you! Congrats on the 246 you've already lost! My DH is 6'5 and weighs about 340 now too. So I get it.

I think it's awesome that you and Dawn are doing this together!!!!!!! :lovestruc

Sorry, Dawn, but there is just nothing sexy about

Pine Button ??

Sounds like a cleaning product! :lmao:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Hi!

Another message of welcome here, from the Goddess Thread! (We are on the thread titled In Search of My Body, Not the One I ate...you can guess who came up with that two years ago, right? :thumbsup2) Come say HI any time!

I lost nearly 80lbs from Oct 2007 to Oct 2008 - gained 36 back in 2009, and am 5lb of that down for 2010. So I GET where all of you ladies are - and Dan - miss you, Dan!!!

Two years ago when I found Dawn's thread and started on WISH, I was 2 months into WW. Now, it's two years and two months! I never imagined I'd be training for a half marathon in a month - I never imagined actually joining a gym. I never imagined I'd change my weight. Ever.

I'm excited for all of you!!! You will do things you never imagined! :cool1:

A few, very few, words of advice.

Don't do too much at once. I can tell that you are all givers - you take care of everyone. That's beautiful. And I bet you approach this the same way - pile it on! But don't start to journal food AND walk AND give up Coke at the same time! One change a month! Trust me on this. You're doing enough.

Change is hard on your offline peeps. Your best friend might food push, or your husband might complain. They might not seem supportive. But understand that change is HARD. As hard as it is for you, imagine if suddenly the people in your life started to change. It can be scary. Remember that they love you, but they might not jump up and down the way your online friends will.

Own it. When you have a bad night and reach for the ice cream, don't be ashamed. REALLY. It's okay. We all emotional eat. I mean, I sure as heck didn't wander onto the Naturally Skinny Thread! :lmao: Last night I was really sad, and all I wanted was ice cream. And chocolate. I ended up with a 2pt ice cream and 100 cal cookies and that did the trick. Would it have been better to cry it out and talk it out and write it out and run it out? Sure. But I'm human. I ate the ice cream (Edy's Slow Churned Light No Sugar - 2pt on WW!)

The temptation is not to write that in your journal or not to weigh in when you have a bad week. Just do it. I have backslid too many times out of shame - and there is NO shame in not being perfect.

Be gentle with yourself. Don't say anything in your head that you wouldn't write to your very best friend. Be kind to the most important person in your world - you.

So best of luck! Have fun on the journey!

:hug: My husband leaves in April and we don't live near his unit, so I'm glad to find someone else to talk to. Congrats on your wedding. :goodvibes

Mickey D's is a huge issue for me. I grew up in a small town that didn't have one so to this day it's still a treat for me. Even 3 -4 times a week. I even know the drive thru guy and he knows me! That's how often I go there. Lately my orders are getting better. One small kids size cheeseburger plain, small fry, diet coke, 1 packet of bbq sauce. That's about 12 pts I think and I'm allowed 31 a day. I just build a meal on their nutritional menu on their website first and figure out the points BEFORE I order. You can do it!! Once a week won't break the calorie bank if we plan ahead!!!

That's one thing I like about WeightWatchers. You get flex points so you have x # of points a day and then 35 extra a week to use whenever/however. It's good for a treat or splurge, like eating take out once a week! NOT that I am in any way trying to push WW on anyone. But the philosophy holds true to any diet, IMHO! :upsidedow

Okay, I SWEAR I'll go! :lmao:

But have to say - LOVE Austin. Love it.

And. McDonald's. Swoon. I lost the 80lb and STILL ate it. Kid's Happy Meal, cheeseburger with a large Diet Coke! 12pts!!! Give the toy to my 5 yr old and enjoy every bite! :rotfl: Now, maybe one day I'll give it up. But if I want fast food, I want McDonald's. So until the day I go organic, I'm all for having what you love and just tracking it. :goodvibes You have it 100% right!

I can tell you're going to be hugely successful on WW. You totally have the message down. I bet you go to meetings. And you have a good leader! Or, you're just SUPER smart. Me, I have a good leader. ;)

Hi!

Another message of welcome here, from the Goddess Thread! (We are on the thread titled In Search of My Body, Not the One I ate...you can guess who came up with that two years ago, right? :thumbsup2) Come say HI any time!

I lost nearly 80lbs from Oct 2007 to Oct 2008 - gained 36 back in 2009, and am 5lb of that down for 2010. So I GET where all of you ladies are - and Dan - miss you, Dan!!!

Two years ago when I found Dawn's thread and started on WISH, I was 2 months into WW. Now, it's two years and two months! I never imagined I'd be training for a half marathon in a month - I never imagined actually joining a gym. I never imagined I'd change my weight. Ever.

I'm excited for all of you!!! You will do things you never imagined! :cool1:

A few, very few, words of advice.

Don't do too much at once. I can tell that you are all givers - you take care of everyone. That's beautiful. And I bet you approach this the same way - pile it on! But don't start to journal food AND walk AND give up Coke at the same time! One change a month! Trust me on this. You're doing enough.

Change is hard on your offline peeps. Your best friend might food push, or your husband might complain. They might not seem supportive. But understand that change is HARD. As hard as it is for you, imagine if suddenly the people in your life started to change. It can be scary. Remember that they love you, but they might not jump up and down the way your online friends will.

Own it. When you have a bad night and reach for the ice cream, don't be ashamed. REALLY. It's okay. We all emotional eat. I mean, I sure as heck didn't wander onto the Naturally Skinny Thread! :lmao: Last night I was really sad, and all I wanted was ice cream. And chocolate. I ended up with a 2pt ice cream and 100 cal cookies and that did the trick. Would it have been better to cry it out and talk it out and write it out and run it out? Sure. But I'm human. I ate the ice cream (Edy's Slow Churned Light No Sugar - 2pt on WW!)

The temptation is not to write that in your journal or not to weigh in when you have a bad week. Just do it. I have backslid too many times out of shame - and there is NO shame in not being perfect.

Be gentle with yourself. Don't say anything in your head that you wouldn't write to your very best friend. Be kind to the most important person in your world - you.

So best of luck! Have fun on the journey!

Great advice! Thanks! I do tend to throw myself into something head first... usually without looking. lol I'm pretty sure I'm going to be sore tomorrow at work for my 12 hours too. :scared1: At least I don't do a lot of walking or standing at work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter