When did you join the DIS?

keypooh90

Bea Kissed Me
I joined in May, 2002. My mom let me get the account and I posted on the teen board. I've gone through periods of getting irritated with the DIS drama so I've come and gone through the years.

I'm 22, BTW.

In April of 2005. One night I typed in "Disneyland Message Board," and up came the Dis. It's not the same as it used to be, but still a nice place. :flower3:

Oh, and I'm 33.

Disneyland1084 said:
In April of 2005. One night I typed in "Disneyland Message Board," and up came the Dis. It's not the same as it used to be, but still a nice place. :flower3:

Oh, and I'm 33.

Yeah it isn't quite the same anymore! I get irritated from time to time and take DIS vacations, LOL.

Yeah it isn't quite the same anymore! I get irritated from time to time and take DIS vacations, LOL.

Not only that, but I feel that every time I post, I have to really think about what I'm saying. I wonder "Will this start a heated debate, etcc..?" I mean, something as harmless as "My favorite color is blue, it's prettier than green" can tick a diser off. LOL!!! :rotfl2:

My account says I joined in 1999 but I actually joined before that. There was a big server crash that year and I lost my post count and had to start over. Does anyone else remember that?

I joined in March of 2009 shortly before our 2nd trip to the world. Been addicted ever since....

All of you that are saying you miss the old days, I do too. Things are so different now.

The first time was around July 1998. Stumbled upon a little message board while researching a trip on the new Disney Magic. Much has changed, not all for the better.

First joined in June of 2003 while researching our trip. Forgot that username years ago! I used to love reading the Debate Board, though I never jumped into the fray. There were some real characters there, I miss reading those threads!

Not only that, but I feel that every time I post, I have to really think about what I'm saying. I wonder "Will this start a heated debate, etcc..?" I mean, something as harmless as "My favorite color is blue, it's prettier than green" can tick a diser off. LOL!!! :rotfl2:

Of course, blue is prettier than green! I don't know why anyone would think anything differently! :littleangel:

Disclaimer: The above is not how I truly feel. Although blue is my favorite color, I also like green & can easily understand why others may prefer green to blue.

I joined in 2005 to plan for our 1st family trip. When I joined, I was 31 (hence, my user name). If I were joining today, I would be Wendy39. :scared:

My account says I joined in 1999 but I actually joined before that. There was a big server crash that year and I lost my post count and had to start over. Does anyone else remember that?

I definitely remember that.

I joined in August of 1998 right AFTER my first trip to Orlando in July. I didn't realize how LITTLE I knew until I came here!:goodvibes

My son was 5 when I joined, he'll be 21 in January. Time sure has flown! :eek:

I joined in August 2000. A poster on another board mentioned it. I was planning an adult only trip with my siblings and their spouses.

I am 48. The 22 in my user name refers to my street number.

I remember the debate board as well. It was interesting to read other opinions but no one ever changed another's mind.

Of course, blue is prettier than green! I don't know why anyone would think anything differently! :littleangel:

Disclaimer: The above is not how I truly feel. Although blue is my favorite color, I also like green & can easily understand why others may prefer green to blue.

I joined in 2005 to plan for our 1st family trip. When I joined, I was 31 (hence, my user name). If I were joining today, I would be Wendy39. :scared:

:rotfl2:

I originally joined in January 2002. Participated religiously for several years a saw a LOT...good and bad. I haven't been here in quite a while, but have a last minute trip coming up so I needed to update myself. Thought I'd pop in and see what the Community board was up to, and the first thing I see is 400+ posts on bringing boys in the ladies' room! The more things change, the more they stay the same...

I originally posted under a different username, so my current stats don't relect it. But I joined in May 2003 and had over 10,000 posts under that name until I switched a while back (for various reasons).

I stumbled on the DIS while planning my 1998 trip.

At that time, there was ONE board, now we have over 50 to choose from!

Webmaster Pete was a frequest poster back then.

I miss the debate board, too.

Sal

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter