When did you last pay rack rate for a WDW hotel?

On my DS 7th birthday last year I paid rack for Pop so he could go to E-night the night of his birthday. Afte his party we drove up to Orlando, checked in and bought our e-night tickets and got to MK just in time. That was the first time we had stayed on site in years and the first time we were paying, and I've been hooked on on-sight ever since.

Dec 26-Dec 31 2004 - absolutely had to get away and couldn't go early to take advantage of the available codes. It was painful to pay rack rate at the most expensive time of the year - but it was worth it. :crazy:

I'm pretty sure we must have paid rack rate on our honeymoon-May 1998 at Dixie Landings (POR). I don't remember us looking for deals or anything, we just booked and didn't think anymore about it. I wonder how much we paid? Ok, now my interest is up and I have to go dig through my stuff and find out. LOL

Last time we paid rack? January 1999 - Contemporary 2 tower rooms - 10 days. Ouch. Then I found Disney type internet boards.

Great thread!

The last time we paid rack rate was Oct 2000, when we did the land/sea package. Yes, we did it as a package! :earseek:
Of course I found these boards right before the trip, so I didnt know any better before then. Since finding these boards I havent had to pay rack rate for any resort stays...including stays over Christmas. :goodvibes

We paid rack rate at the BWI in May of 1998 because we didn't know any better. ;) Since then we have always used a code or rented DVC points. :)

I never have. Of those trips I've paid for myself, we stayed on a package deal (some sort of summer "hot savings" promo) in 2001 at CBR. I think we paid less than $900 for 5 nights and UPH's for 2 adults, plus a couple of freebies - pins, etc. In 2003, I used SPG points and stayed at the Swan.

Now, for April, we've got AP rates for our entire stay - yea! My goal in life - NEVER PAY FULL PRICE!!!!

Nov. 2004 - WL concierge. We stayed 3 nights at YC concierge on a military rate (40% off making it $250/night :cool1: ) then transferred to WL. The three days at WL were over Veteran's Day and it was all blacked out. By the time I figured out that I wasn't going to get a discount for those 3 days, it was too late to change. Either way, we had a great time.

I stayed at POR over Easter break in the spring of 2002. I did not know about the DIS or codes and paid the holiday rate of $180 per night :earseek:

The last time I paid rack rate was probably 1996. It was the first time I went "as a grown up" & paid for the trip myself (with DH, then DF). I had been to Disney SO many times, but never paid for the trip myself since they were all family trips when I was a minor.

The first time DH & I went we paid rack rate, but never again. Ever since then we have always found a code or a discount or something. We also stopped going in the summer, it is to hot, to crowded & to expensive.

WOW, I can honestly say thanks to that wonderful pixie dust, I have never paid rack rate. I have always enjoyed a annual pass code or general public code. Thanks Disney!!!!

We've never paid rack for a Disney hotel. We were always offsite before there was some special going on, and from there we were hooked!

I have not paid, and do not ever plan on paying, rack rates for a Disney hotel or any other hotel. For me, if it becomes an issue of paying rack rate for WDW or staying elsewhere, then we will stay offsite.

Never!!! Always at least get AAA (or 'Magic Kingdom Club' or 'Disney Club' discounts...gee, I miss those :rolleyes: ).

I bought a package in December, first it was at a discount rated room only at $254 a nite for the Poly,
When I called back a couple days later to inquire about the Silver Package, it sounded like a good deal. She said I could always remove it. So I added it.

I'm not sure if my discount from the room only is in there or not. Now the discount rates for AA passhlders makes it the $254 price, but I'm confused how it is all affected with the silver package.

Anybody know for sure how that works?
I dont know if I should be calling and appling the code or not?
I'd have to pay for the annual passolder too, which I'm not.

It must of been March of 2000, at Dixi Landings. I think the prices was up to 159 a night. When we started staying at Mods in 1996 it was 89 a night, it kept going up.

Dec 2001 when our 1st born was 9 months old we got a code for Poly for 189 a night. We thought that was great.

After that we bought DVC so we haven't paid rack rates, but have been looking at all the codes. We did stay one night at AKL for 129 a night in Aug 2003 at AP rates.

We are staying at POR for 77 a night in May. That is like half what we paid last time we stayed there 5 years ago! I love codes. (and the internet.)

our very first trip in 2001, that was before we knew about discount codes and the tricks to getting cheaper rates. We were rookies

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter