When did you realize just how much you really do look like one of your parents?

Everyone has always said that I look just like my mom, except for my mom, who said I look like my aunt lol. I never could see it until I reached the age when I could remember her being that gae (if that makes sense). She was 35 when I was born in 78, so all of the pics of her as a kid were black and white and she haid giant weird 50's glasses and just didn't look like the person she was when I was a kid. So about 30-35 I could really start to see the resemblance between me and pictures of her at that age.

My late Mother was adopted, but had an olive-toned skin and she looked like she may have been of Italian descent. I am much more pale. One day in my early 30's, I was dressing up in costume for Halloween and I had some darker-toned make-up on my face and it hit me that I looked exactly like my Mother. I just have paler skin. I do sound exactly like my late Mother - we have the same voice.

I do have the mannerisms of my Dad.

I definitely look like my Mother and many others on her side of the family.......noticed it many years ago especially oddly enough in our hands.

I have always looked like my Dad. He was half Norwegian and looked like a Norwegian. I am paler but you can definitely see the resemblance at every age.

I don’t really look like either. I have more of my mother’s side coloring wise, but that is probably it. I do know other people who as they got older started to look very much like a parent.

I was adopted so I don't look like my parents. The weird thing is my middle son is basically a spitting image of my adopted dad. My aunt and cousin came to visit several years ago. They hadn't seen my son in awhile. He opened the door, and their jaws dropped. My aunt said he looked just like my dad at that age. The more he grows, the more he looks like my adopted dad. I would not be surprised if somehow we are genetically linked somewhere in our family tree.

My wedding pictures. My face is almost exactly my mom's. Always though I was a mix. Just have a different nose than my mom - almost everything else the same.

When I was a kid, everyone thought I looked exactly like my dad's family, but one time in my 30s I got a haircut that happened to be similar to my late mom's, and it was scary how much I looked like her (like, freaked out some relatives scary).

I don't have that haircut any more, and I do look rather like a couple of cousins on my dad's side, too - but now I consider myself a mix of my parents, as something as small as my hair style really changes the balance back and forth.

Honestly just in the past year or so. I see my mom. I never did before and growing up, NO ONE ever said I looked like my mom ( or my dad). It could have been my mom was overweight as far back as I can remember but now, she's in her 80's and has lost 75- 80 pounds from her heaviest and I, in that time got older!!!!

Weekend before last I was in the back seat of the car and could see myself in the side mirror, half in the sun and half shade but at a glance I would have said that was my mom's reflection. I know I have most of her features, but that was the most I'd ever noticed it.

I have my dad's hair, ears, and eyebrows.

I was adopted, so no resemblance to my known parents. I do have 4 daughters, however, and they all look like their dad :rotfl: From 25 down to 13, he cloned them all! My oldest looks the most like me, but still more like dad, my 2nd has my coloring, sort of, but the younger 2 are all dad and his features and coloring.

When I was about 30. I was looking through an old family photo album, turned the page, and saw "myself." Then realized it was my mother in the 70s when she was 30. lol. It was disconcerting.

I have many physical traits from my dad, and his side of the family, but I don’t look like any of them. There’s no one that will say…you look just like your dad.

My daughter looks a lot like me and I never saw it until she was in her mid twenties. My husband pulled the pics out of his wallet at a family reunion since some of them were very old and family was asking about one of them. He placed a pic of us while we were dating on the table and directly below it a pic of dd at the same age. It just so happened in the pictures we are facing the same direction and have the same smile and I was amazed to discover how much like me dd looks. She looks even more like me now a decade later. She has had people she doesn't know but they know me come up to her and ask if she's my daughter, lol. I'm pretty sure though in all though situations it's people that I work with or whatever that know where she works from chatting with me every day so they're really picking her out rather than it totally coming out of the blue.

When? Just recently. My DD took a picture of me using an “Aging” filter. I nearly died when I looked at the picture - I looked just like my Mom (in her elderly form)! 😮 Whoa! It was funny because people often said I looked like her but I never really saw it. I always saw more resemblance to my father’s side. This was uncanny, though.

I’m told I sound just like my mom. Not sure on looks. But my brother, wow. He always had a full beard and was overweight, so it was hard to say who he looked like. I’d have guessed my mom, but years ago, while he was undergoing chemo, he lost his hair and a lot of weight. He was the spitting image of my dad. I was so surprised.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter