When do MagicBands ship?

I ordered Magic Bands today. I was not given the option for them to be picked up from the hotel. They are suppose to be shipped to the house. We leave on the 10th of Oct. I also received the Estimated delivery 10 business days prior to your vacation notice. That would be a delivery for tomorrow. Not sure what to do!

I ordered Magic Bands today. I was not given the option for them to be picked up from the hotel. They are suppose to be shipped to the house. We leave on the 10th of Oct. I also received the Estimated delivery 10 business days prior to your vacation notice. That would be a delivery for tomorrow. Not sure what to do!
When I went to order mine there was a message that if you ordered 5-10 days before your trip, they'd be mailed to the resort. If you ordered them before that they're shipped to your home. Since you ordered them more than 10 days before, it seems they'll ship them directly to your home. I'm guessing they won't be delivered tomorrow but hopefully in time.

So, in answer to my original question, just got an email that my magicbands have shipped! Woo-hoo...never got that far for my May 2020 or 2021 trips...feels like this time it might actually happen!

So glad your bands are on their way. Did the email say when to expect them?

I did not see the "shipping timeline" when I ordered, but today I see this new message:

Important MagicBand Information
Due to current increases in shipping volumes, there may be a delay in delivery of your MagicBands. Please place your pre-arrival MagicBand order as early as possible for at home delivery (U.S. residents only). We suggest you order at least 15 business days prior to arrival. We apologize for any inconvenience.

I hope that means that by getting my order in yesterday, they will ship in time. I ordered my bands through a link sent by our travel agent.

We weren’t given a choice of mail vs pick up. We arrive in just under 3 weeks and weren’t planning on ordering them but the 50th ones popped up as discounts. We ordered this past weekend - with the 15 business day as above, odds on us getting them? I don’t think they’ve shipped yet.

Not to complicate the issue but there's also going to be two rides in each park that you can buy Lightning Lane access with a per ride charge a la carte.

I thought you could buy two lightning lane individual selections per day, but we don't know yet which rides or how many rides in each park will be individual selection.

I thought you could buy two lightning lane individual selections per day, but we don't know yet which rides or how many rides in each park will be individual selection.
Yes. It is two per day and there are two in each park to choose from. The final list hasn't been posted yet but latest rumors are:
MK: Space & 7DMT
EP: Frozen & Remy
AK: Everest & FOP
DH: Slinky & Rise

We weren’t given a choice of mail vs pick up. We arrive in just under 3 weeks and weren’t planning on ordering them but the 50th ones popped up as discounts. We ordered this past weekend - with the 15 business day as above, odds on us getting them? I don’t think they’ve shipped yet.
I also got the 50th anniversary ones and I got it pretty quickly. Within a week.

That's exciting! Can someone tell me how they are mailed? If it's by USPS, the chances are not favorable for getting them in time.

I had ordered two sets the past 60 days, one was sent UPS and the other via USPS with a shipping partner doing most of the work to get it locally and USPS for the last mile.

Update: we ordered over the weekend and got email this morning saying the MBs had shipped via USPS, arrival date unclear at the moment

That's disappointing. I will probably not get an email until this coming Monday based on your experience. We have the worse mail service here! Crossing fingers that the email tells me that the bands will be waiting at the hotel.

I have another question. Are all bands 'one size fits all'? The bands that I ordered are for my daughter and I, plus the two children. There was no option for sizing, but wondered if they go by age when making them up. I was thinking about ordering the Magic Band sliders for the bands. I have read they help keep the bands on, especially for the children that tend to play with their bands. Amazon sells them for adult bands, but I do not see an option for children. Are band widths the same for both?

I have another question. Are all bands 'one size fits all'? The bands that I ordered are for my daughter and I, plus the two children. There was no option for sizing, but wondered if they go by age when making them up. I was thinking about ordering the Magic Band sliders for the bands. I have read they help keep the bands on, especially for the children that tend to play with their bands. Amazon sells them for adult bands, but I do not see an option for children. Are band widths the same for both?
There is an outer portion of the MagicBand that can be removed to make them smaller. If removed, the width of the band is a little narrower and maybe 2 inches shorter.

I ordered the sliders. Apparently, they fit the child size band just fine, and stretch a little for the adult band. They will be delivered by Amazon so I will probably end up with sliders and no bands before we leave. 🤔

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter