When do the regular lines stop at After Hours?

Pluto80

DIS Veteran
In August we're doing the after hours hard ticket event. So, I just wondered, if the event starts at 10pm, when do they stop letting day guests into the lines? Will that be at 10pm? So for something like Mine Train, could there potentially be day guests and after hours guests in the queue after the event has actually started?

If there is a line you will enter the FP line and get on this way ( 7DMT is one) but you will be surprised how fast they clear out the lines for the after hours. But I think you can enter the line up to closing like normal

In August we're doing the after hours hard ticket event. So, I just wondered, if the event starts at 10pm, when do they stop letting day guests into the lines? Will that be at 10pm? So for something like Mine Train, could there potentially be day guests and after hours guests in the queue after the event has actually started?

9:59pm.

Yes, there will be a period of time where some rides will have day guests still in line. For this reason, many folks will opt to head to non-headliners first. 7DMT is perhaps the worst offender in this category.

The use of the FP entrance mentioned by the PP is not necessarily a given, from my perspective. There have been inconsistent reports on the DAH thread of CMs letting people do this - some report yes, some report no. Seems to be at CM discretion.

I agree that lines clear relatively quickly and the "spillover" of day guests who got in line before park closing is not necessarily a major concern/obstacle in enjoying the DAH event.

Hope that helps. Have fun!

That does help, thank you. We don't have normal park tickets at all that week, only tickets to this event, so we want to make the best use of it possible.
So would you suggest doing the less popular rides for the first half hour or so then?

That does help, thank you. We don't have normal park tickets at all that week, only tickets to this event, so we want to make the best use of it possible.
So would you suggest doing the less popular rides for the first half hour or so then?

That's my personal strategy (and one you hear repeated on the DAH thread quite a bit). We did People Mover first a few weeks ago, for example. It's a time eater. :-)

The only ride I have purposely held until much later in the event is 7DMT. It's a combination of carry-over day guest traffic plus it's a big draw for the DAH crowd as well.

I have done DAH 2 and I waited about 15-30 minutes to do 7DMT and it was a walk on when I went space had a 15-20 posted wait time so I did buzz and when I got on space was almost s walk on but just a ( 2) none head liner first

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter