When do you receive your magic bands?

littlejen22

DIS Veteran
And is it affected by booking your tickets from an authorized reseller? Also, when do you choose your colors? Thanks so much.

You can choose your colors through My Disney Experience if your reservation/tickets are linked there. Just go under Magic Bands and Cards and you can customize your Magic Bands. We arrive 6/30 and it says we must customize by 5/30.

magic bands are provided if you have a room reservation.
you can buy your tickets from a 3rd party if you'd like.
you can customize your magic bands as soon as you make your reservation by going to the magic bands and cards section of MDE.
you can customize them up to 30 days prior to your trip.
they will be shipped out within a few days after that and most people receive them around 3 weeks out.

I bought our tickets through UT and linked them to our trip through MDE. We arrive May 21. Last day to customize our bands was April 19. Bands were shipped on Apr. 21 and were in our mailbox on Apr. 23. It was all smooth.

There is just one exception: if you live outside the US (such as me), then you pick up your MB at your resort upon check in. You can still customize you MB online, and have a nice little box waiting for you in WDW :goodvibes

You can choose your colors through My Disney Experience if your reservation/tickets are linked there. Just go under Magic Bands and Cards and you can customize your Magic Bands. We arrive 6/30 and it says we must customize by 5/30.
My Disney Experience tells me that I must customize at least 10 days in advance of our arrival. We are arriving May 16 but are leaving to drive down May 13. I ordered them on Friday, April 29, they arrived today May 2.
If I had to customize 30 days in advance, we would rarely get customized magic bands as most trips (we drive down 3-4 or more times a year) are planned 3 weeks out.

We purchased our tickets through AAA and registered them in our mydisneyexperience.com account.

Our bands for 5/23 arrived yesterday, 5/2.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter