• November

Votes: 8 16.3%
  • December

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • All year

Votes: 23 46.9%

• Total voters
;)

I hear stories about people Christmas shopping in March or earlier. But what happens if the person you purchased for gets run over by a dump truck in October??? It's too late to return the gift for a refund, and you run the extreme risk of embarrassment if you try to re-gift it to someone else.

It's safer to delay shopping until December 20th, You have the strong possibility they'll be alive on Christmas. :duck:
That sounded morbid but of course I know tomorrow is not promised

Other. I don't shop for Christmas other than groceries and that starts about 2 weeks before the Holiday.

When I used to buy gifts I at first was a pick things up as I saw something. But kids change their likes and dislikes so often, I ended up with things they didn't like/want anymore. So then I would shop closer to Christmas.

most of what I give has to still be within a reasonable return window for the recipient at the time they receive it (electronics) so it depends on when (for the most part) amazon, gamestop and target start their holiday return period. for other items it's as i come across them-today for instance i was doing a target order and saw a few items that would be good stocking stuffers so they are on the way.

I start on December 26 for the following year.

I'm almost done now, my spare room walk-in closet is packed full. I keep inventory in a notebook.

Planning to start wrapping tomorrow and then return them to locked closet. I'm a bit early this year. My usual goal is wrapped and decorated by Thanksgiving, so I can relax and enjoy the Christmas season with everyone else. I only concentrate on baking after Thanksgiving.

I've been using this same system my entire life and it was so perfect when I had four young children at home. I never wanted to take a hit financially, or emotionally, during the Christmas season. Just festive fun!

Dec 23rd-24th.
I'm not quite that late but I do wait until after the 2nd weekend of December, which is when I put my tree and decor up. There's not too many on our gift list anymore and gifts definitely aren't major focus of our celebrations. I do it all in a single day; wrapping for my household members is often on Christmas Eve after everyone is in bed. I actually enjoy doing it like this - it's a happy part of my holiday routine. :santa:

I'll start next month or even November. My son is 4 and his interests change daily. Last year I was super proactive since there was supposed to be a shortage of toys -- by the time we got to Christmas he wasn't into a lot of the things I purchased early.

I shop year round. As a former retailer, the LAST thing I want to do is fight traffic and crowds during the holidays. I also don't end up broke at the end of the year.

I also just finished wrapping everything I have this morning.

Last edited:
The title says it all

As someone who brags about a product when do I start bringing up the holidays some are doing it as of now, now is too early by my standards
We don't do very much Christmas shopping now that the kids are grown up and we have chosen not to exchange gifts with the extended family (We all decided that we buy what we want, why bother just exchanging gift cards?). But back when the kids were little and we did a Lot of shopping for them, we'd start in late September or early October and be completely finished by Halloween.

Being on a fixed income I am starting now. My sister told me about something that my niece really wants that is within my price range so I went ahead and ordered it for her. Plus a couple of the nieces and nephews that I buy birthday gifts for have late fall early winter birthdays. The past couple of years I went with themes like pjs and books, or movie gift cards but this year I decided to just get lists from them.

Started this week, pre-ordered a coat that has been out of stock since last winter and started looking up fun Advent calendars, how to make pretty candy wreaths because I can't find them to buy and crystal ornaments today. Also picked up nice boutique honey and raspberry jam for Holiday baking this weekend. Mostly wondering when the fun Advent calendars come out so I'm already all in.

For myself, I already started, lol.

For others, probably October. Or whenever the return window says that it is extended for holiday shoppers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter