When do you tell the server?

hannah_03 said:
Do you tell them at the start that you are on the DDP? TIA :)

If they don't ask I tell them right away. It may save them from having to redo the check when I'm ready to leave.

It also gives the server a chance to tell you about any special rules. As an example some restaurants will let you have soda during your meal and change to coffee with dessert. Other restaurants will let you have one and charge for the other (with free refills). A few restaurants may exclude the daily special from the plan. I think some restaurants let you have a shake as your drink and others will only let you have a shake as your dessert. Really easier to know the rules before you get your bill.

We did the DDP in September and found it easier to tell the server at the beginning. We would tell them we were on the dining plan and if they could let us know any restrictions. We also did a combo with the DDE for our grandson and the lighter eaters in the group as only some of us had the DDP, while others did not. We never had any problems and the server always brought us the 2 separate bills. We did tip extra for going the extra mile for us and it was always appreciated.

I always told the server when she/he first came to my table, under the pretense of not being sure what beverages were included. Okay, that's not exactly a pretense - since different restaurants have different policies.

I tell them when they bring the bill. I think the dining plan is like any other form of payment that they apply.

The only reason I can see that you would tell them before you order is if you don't know what's included in the dining plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter