When do you think these things will be back ?

captain america 2003

Always ready to see The World !
Fastpass + , Parking lot trams , fireworks , parades , EP back to normal hours , EP monorail , and all resorts fully open ? Obviously as capacity is increased FP+ is going to have to be reistated and more resorts are going to have to open , and I would think the trams should be one of the first things on this list to return to service (not sure why this hasn't happened already) . So what do you think about a timetable for the items on his list returning to normal/regular operations ?

Literally no one knows. Impossible to predict. Some may never come back.

I and my family will be at DWL for 9 days starting in June. I have been hopeful for a few things opening up. In no special order they are:
The Festival of the Lion King -- got my wish (for the most part)
Fireworks -- not yet
All the new rides -- ain't gonna happen -- Disney is saving the new rides for the 50th. I understand.
Space 220 -- doesn't look hopeful (see first above).
Typhoon Lagoon -- if only to relieve congestion at Blizzard Beach. Still crossing fingers
Magic Kingdom RR -- This won't be happening for our trip -- it may be a close thing for the 50th.
Duck Tales Scavenger Hunt -- I think this one has a shot of opening. They need to work the kinks out before the 50th. Since guests use their phones, this is a go once the electronics are working. I am hopeful that this one will be announced soon.
The Biggest one of all (for us anyway) -- The Hoop De Doo Revue. Cast has been called back. I think there is a small chance that it will be open by our trip. It is a dinner show so I do not believe they will be able to do a soft opening. Still wishing on a star for this one.
Overall thoughts -- I totally understand Disney wanting to keep the big new rides for the 50th. Existing things though I think will be a matter of getting them up to quality. I am really hopeful for the Hoop de Doo Revue to open soon. How long will it take for the cast to get up to snuff? I think it will take them a very short time to get this running. They did the exact same show 4 times a day forever (LOL). I still remember the first lines of Paul Revere's Ride from grade school memorization: "Listen my children and you shall hear of the midnight ride of Paul Revere." I do not think it will take them very long to get this one open. I think Disney will want to have the majority (if not all) pre-COVID stuff fully open. I am not sure about fast passes.
I think they pretty much could flip the switch on 30 minute extra magic hours (if that is what they are calling it). The parks are all opening early.
I think some of the small new stuff (like Duck Tales) should be opened this summer simply to get the kinks out of the works before the celebration.
Bottom line -- with people worrying about crowds -- I will defer to the late great Yogi Berra, "No wonder no one goes there now; it is always too crowded!"

I think it may be sooner than some might think. Many items are just a matter of waiting on social distancing and mask mandates to be dropped IMHO. I keep seeing that Orange County is imminent to arrive at their "level 3" which would drop all of those mandates. Whether Disney would then follow suit with the guidelines of their immediate geographic location or wait for a national CDC change, who knows. As capacity increases, re-opening hotels becomes a necessity. FP+ in some form or fashion will also become a need as attendance increases and gets closer to capacity.

I think the issue is more about the state of Florida in general. Many business are operating on reduced staff, some are even closing early, or not opening at all because they just don't have the staff to operate, and almost every restaurant in Florida right now, has a Help Wanted sign up. There are many theories as to why this is happening, and my point was not to get into that, but simply to say, opening all of those things back up, takes a lot of people and a lot of training, and it seems like Florida is lacking the manpower to get life back to "normal". So even if they wanted to restart all of that tomorrow, I'm not sure the workforce exists.

I would be surprised to not see most of those back this fall for the 50th celebration.
Unless Florida has a big outbreak and locks things down.
It also really depends on whether Disney can get enough CMs(and the right ones) back to staff everything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter