When do you think you'll be back?

We have a house in South Carolina that would satisfy all those things. So sad that even though we don't have to make any advanced plans to get there, we don't expect to be there anytime soon. Haven't been since last February and it might be next January until we get to go again.

You must miss it! I feel so bad for people who own property that are unable to access it.

Do you rent the place?

We're another one who will wait for the shows, fireworks and most importantly - character M&GS to return. We're hoping for June 2022, but I guess we'll see.

I'm also hoping to do a small trip to New Hampshire next winter, Dec '21. Santa's Village is normally open during the Christmas season, so would love to do a "winter wonderland" trip. NH is our home away from home and we miss it dearly.

What is this Santa's Village you wrote about if you don't mind me asking? Is it Santa's Village little theme park in Ontario, or another place? What is it like? Thank-you

And now Disney says they're taking away Magical Express and shortening EMHs to only 30 minutes in the mornings. You guys, I am not impressed... They are seriously missing with my pull to come back soon. We may become off site people if theyre going to take away all those perks.

Waiting for our 7 month window to open first week of April so we can book November. Also hoping to do Disneyland for Christmas 2021. Just crossing our fingers and guess we shall see!

Ya...I always stay offsite and always ropedropped the non EMH parks...of which there will be none now. 30 minutes doesn't seem like much, but with only onsite guests now able to ropedrop, you will get 2 different headliners in minimum.

Another thing that is disappointing about this is MK entrance: for the last couple of years Main Street would open an hour before the park and you could meander around a bit before lining up and the spoke for ropederop. I guess that's gone too (at least for off-site guests).

I have booked POP for Nov 27-Dec 5, 2021. We shall see!

That's almost identical to my trip! I'm booked at POP for Nov 29-Dec 6.

I gotta say though, I was hopeful we could take this last trip before they do away with the ME (we never rent cars for on-site stays), but if we are still required to take PCR tests to go and return to Canada, we will have to cancel. Don't get me wrong, I totally understand why it's a requirement, but it'll cost a lot of $$$ out of pocket to pay to have them done for our family.

Today is our last day of our 14 day quarantine coming back from Disney. We had hoped to go for March Break as we found it just as safe at Disney as we do here in Mississauga(there are morons here and there who won't follow the rules) but with the new testing requirements going both ways we will be waiting till those are gone. Hoping maybe June when school is ending or Sept before school starts but honestly I am not sure that the testing requirements/vaccination proof will be gone by then.

Today is our last day of our 14 day quarantine coming back from Disney.

Are they still requiring a 14 day quarantine if you had a negative test prior to getting on the plane?

Editing to add this-Apparently you do, as per travel.gc.ca here: https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/isolation

"If you can enter Canada and you have no symptoms, you must quarantine for 14 days. This is mandatory and starts from the date you arrive in Canada. A negative COVID-19 test result at any point during your quarantine does not exclude you from the requirement to quarantine, unless you are part of an approved federal and provincial COVID-19 project.

If you begin to show symptoms during your quarantine, are exposed to another traveller with symptoms, or test positive for COVID-19, you must begin an additional 14 days of isolation."

We've decided just today to shoot for an extended family trip to WDW next March 4 -18, 2022. My siblings, parents and all the kids. 20 of us altogether for a once in a lifetime trip before some of the kids go off to University / College.

Hoping to stay offsite in pool homes at Windsor Hills. Praying things will be much improved by then, and most of all that our borders will be open for travel. Can't afford to fly with such a big family so it will be driving for us. It will be nice to start planning / dreaming while we're all locked down here in Ontario.

C'mon, vaccine....Do your thing!
We’ve also just decided to aim for March of 2022 as well. I feel confident that we (adults) will be vaccinated. Interested to see what happens with the kids.
Sounds like Spring of 2022 is where a lot of people will be aiming. I hope they bring back all the events, fastpasses etc for then . But even if they don’t, a holiday in the sun would be amazing anyways. I miss travel so much.
Starting the thinking and planning has brought me so much joy. It’s awesome to have something to look forward to.

I'm aiming End 2022 or End 2023 , both Holiday Vacations or Halloween.
It will be our first vacations with 2 kids (now 2mo and 3yo).

Of course, all measures (quarantine, masks and 6ft) would have to be lifted, but i'm guessing end 2022 or 2023 would be safe lol

We're booked at WDW for the end of October/beginning of November 2021. Regardless of testing, and short of one of us catching the 'Rona, we're going. I've already cancelled 3 other non-Disney trips since last March - the "Covid fatigue" is real...

As soon as the vaccine is available to the general population, we're getting it. Plus, the other saving grace is the rapid testing at the YYC airport, so provided we test negative upon arriving home, we only quarantine for 2 days.

we are booked for September but that seems doubtfull at this point, hope the cruises open back up by fall and if so will book one of those

We really want to go back later this year but nothing booked yet. I was feeling optimistic about this year but lately not so much. We won’t go while the government is recommending you don’t travel, I hope that changes soon. Best of luck to each of you.

Seeing as we just booked at the Beach Club for December, I guess that means we're hoping to be back then. We had to cancel our Christmas trip for this past December and have flights, tickets, accommodations, etc all on various forms of credits that will expire eventually. I can't say that I'm super confident that everything will be back to the way we'd like it (fireworks, characters, shows...) but with needing to book almost a year out, we felt we should just make the booking and hope for the best. If things are looking dicey, like if the vaccination program isn't giving the results we're all hoping for, then we'll push the trip out again.

We have a Disney Dream cruise booked for the week of Remembrance Day but I have a nagging feeling high schools will still be using the quadmester system come the next school year (as there is no vaccine for kids under 16 so far approved). If so then my daughter would be in grade 8 and would miss three days (which apparently is akin to missing three WEEKS during the quadmester system). I'm booking the Grand Californian at the 7 month mark (hopefully lol) as we can fly down on the evening of the 10th and no school will be missed. If Disneyland is still closed then I guess we will try over Christmas haha. I just keep pushing them out/pushing the trips forward.

I just booked next Christmas as yesterday was my 11 months out and made the mistake of posting on FB and the warnings/ flak I got .. let’s say I’m taking a FB break. I reassured everyone I have cancelled 5 vacations previously and will again if needed and I’m not out running around maskless , kissing strangers and licking elevator buttons. That i am educated , and a HCP ..who is reminded daily by her employer that if I get covid they all die, while homeschooling two kiddos since September one with autism and trying to keep track of my two older kids and meet their increased mental health needs . The pressure is immense . I need something simply to look forward to and I’m starting to feel if by next Xmas that’s 2 years since the pandemic started , if we haven’t got it under control by then .. maybe it simply won’t go away .

I just booked next Christmas as yesterday was my 11 months out and made the mistake of posting on FB and the warnings/ flak I got .. let’s say I’m taking a FB break. I reassured everyone I have cancelled 5 vacations previously and will again if needed and I’m not out running around maskless , kissing strangers and licking elevator buttons. That i am educated , and a HCP ..who is reminded daily by her employer that if I get covid they all die, while homeschooling two kiddos since September one with autism and trying to keep track of my two older kids and meet their increased mental health needs . The pressure is immense . I need something simply to look forward to and I’m starting to feel if by next Xmas that’s 2 years since the pandemic started , if we haven’t got it under control by then .. maybe it simply won’t go away .

I feel like we need that "Care" emoji that Facebook has. From what everyone (health professionals) are saying, we really should be in a much better place by late next fall/next winter, so I really think travel will be fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter