When do you think you'll be back?

I have a trip booked for a week in December 2021. Have already cancelled July 2020 (for a family member), January 2021, May 2021...the only downside (for me) of being a DVC member is that it's tough to book a solid week on short notice. I lost only 23 (banked) points in this UY but I stand to lose another 70 if I can't travel before March 31, 2022. Fingers crossed.
Dont forget you can rent out your points on the boards here. I have done with expiring points. Not that i want to i would rather be using them myself..but dont let them slip away.

We were planning to go Aug 2021, a big family trip. We want everyone to be safe so we banked our points and hopefully will go Aug 2022. So for now we will keep making Disney food, watch Dis Plus, reading past trip reports and keeping ourselves and others safe by following the safety protocols. Love and hope goes out to all our DVC Ohana.

I know no one knows...but any thoughts when these restrictions will be lifted? We can't even go to the US now unless we want to quarantine for 2 weeks when we get there...nevermind when we return. We aren't going anyways with covid so high and until we get vaccines but just wondering thoughts of when it'll even be an option? I'm hoping March 2022 as above poster, but don't even know if that'll happen (we have Dec booked as well, but don't think we'll all be vaccinated by then, which includes our kids...one of which will be 12).

Once all of the at risk population and people over 70 (or so) are vaccinated, I think things are going to change really quickly. Death rates will plummet, hospitals will be less stressed and able to aid the relatively few people under the age of 70 (or so) that need intensive care.

So if phase 2 in Canada is actually complete by mid June and the US is slightly ahead of us...

Who knows, but I am holding out a sliver of hope for a mid August trip with my wife: We are teachers and I believe that puts us in phase 2.

End of August or early September 2022. Hoping for a Canadian Ticket discount again and renting DVC a year pre. I am not very confident that there will be much in the way of discounts.

We are hoping to go on DCL cruise from Miami December 20/21. Yesterday Westjet released flights up to December 21, so I was able to book the first leg of our trip. Used up some of our credits of course! Prices are much higher and when I checked today the flights had jumped 200.00$ per person!

I think you must mean December 21/22. I haven't looked at flight prices in weeks. Very scary!

edit to add: Brain fart on the date you meant Dec 20, 2021 I read it completely wrong. Sorry

Last edited:
I think you must mean December 21/22. I haven't looked at flight prices in weeks. Very scary!

Westjet only releases 10-11 months out, so they're only releasing Dec 2021 right now.

I was doing some dummy pricing a couple weeks ago to get an idea of cost [the cruises themselves won't be until 2023 and 2024] and was shocked at the fare difference with Westjet for different port cities. I priced Miami, Houston, Orlando, and Vancouver. Orlando was the cheapest, the others crazy-high [Vancouver still the highest; pretty sad that its cheaper to leave the country than stay within it]. Made a mental note to make sure to factor airfare into the equation when choosing cruise itinerary.

We are hoping to go on DCL cruise from Miami December 20/21. Yesterday Westjet released flights up to December 21, so I was able to book the first leg of our trip. Used up some of our credits of course! Prices are much higher and when I checked today the flights had jumped 200.00$ per person!

We have found this to be the case before. Westjet's cheapest price is usually the day they release a date for sale. Sometimes there is a little bit of a window. Then the price goes up. It is frustrating when you need to book round trip [eg you are using a companion voucher]. Sometimes you can get a better price later with a sale, but I have found that with the price increase that has happened in the meantime, the sale means you don't save very much - I priced it through once with tickets we had and the best sale would have saved $20 a ticket because the fares had already gone up so much.

I tend to take the airfare into account when choosing a cruise, both the cost and the direct or not logistics. Even the hotel room costs can vary a lot between cruise port locations. I have an eye on the flights for my December cruise but won't book until I know if it will be happening. Sadly, that is many months away. At least PIF isn't until September so there is time to figure things out.

I am in the minority here, but the longer I wait, the less interested I am in going to WDW. We have used our DVC points for Aulani recently. I adore Hawai’i, and Aulani makes it much more cost efficient for us.

As far as WDW goes, maybe fall of 2022 if all things come together wrt vaccines, borders, insurance, etc, etc.
We have a goddaughter who will be 3 by then and that will no doubt spark the interest again.

We have found this to be the case before. Westjet's cheapest price is usually the day they release a date for sale. Sometimes there is a little bit of a window. Then the price goes up. It is frustrating when you need to book round trip [eg you are using a companion voucher]. Sometimes you can get a better price later with a sale, but I have found that with the price increase that has happened in the meantime, the sale means you don't save very much - I priced it through once with tickets we had and the best sale would have saved $20 a ticket because the fares had already gone up so much.
I’m debating whether to book with Westjet. I have credit and a companion fare and if I book now for next December there’s no fee to change or cancel . It would give me a travel credit good for two years if I have to cancel . I’m good with that since I’m not tying up much cash . I know I want to go in December if we are allowed and we’re vaccinated . If I wait , the costs of those flights will continue to rise . If we can’t go next December I’m prepared to push it out to summer 2022.
Right now the schedule only goes to December 20th . Does anyone know when they might extend it ? I need a few days after that .

Last edited:
I’m debating whether to book with Westjet. I have credit and a companion fare and if I book now for next December there’s no fee to change or cancel . It would give me a travel credit good for two years if I have to cancel . I’m good with that since I’m not tying up much cash . I know I want to go in December if we are allowed and we’re vaccinated . If I wait , the costs of those flights will continue to rise . If we can’t go next December I’m prepared to push it out to summer 2022.
Right now the schedule only goes to December 20th . Does anyone know when they might extend it ? I need a few days after that .
I am contemplating the same thing with my WestJet travel credit, but looking more at late Jan/Feb 2022. WestJet releases their flights 330 days in advance (about 11 months), but in my experience they will commonly release two weeks at a time, rather than day by day at the 330 day mark. I think the rest of December would be available pretty soon.

It should extend a day at a time, however I'm more familiar with AC calendars so WJ may be different.
And I would book if you can afford to have the money tied up, as you say it's not much cash to begin with, and you are able to use it within the two years. I have to say, if you can't because of COVID, that is a far more depressing situation than just tying the money up.

So we have WJ credit from two cancelled flights last year. Credit expires June and July 2022. If we book flights for this November or December and end up cancelling, do I get that travel credit back? And will it then have a new expiry date?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter