When do you tip at bell services?

I tip...

• When I drop my luggage off

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • When I pick my luggage up

Votes: 43 43.4%
  • Both

Votes: 51 51.5%
  • Neither (Lucy, you got some splainin' to do!)

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 2.0%

• Total voters
You tip when the service is rendered. So, with luggage you tip when you get your luggage, not when you drop it off. Just like in a restaurant you tip when your meal is done, not when you place your order.

I only do both because I really don’t know when to do it! I’ve researched it and there doesn’t seem to be a consensus.
We do: at arrival (out of car), and again when delivered to the room. Then repeat on the way back out when leaving. Only bc I really don’t know and it’s always different people!

Highly personal obviously, no right or wrong answer. I tip at drop off and pick up/delivery. Both (often different) individuals are handling my bags and providing a service I value.
This.

If tipping both times is going to break me,I don't need to be at The Mouse House !LOL

I always try to put myself in the shoes of the person I am tipping.

I just don't spend a lot of time debating whether to tip or not in gray areas.

Not enough money to fret over.

JMHO of course.

I had an interesting conversation checking in at BLT.

Somehow I ended up going to our room first and in the lobby an attendant stepped in to help me. A few minutes later DH came up (who had the ‘tip’ cash), and I went to catch the attendant to tip. Just wanted to let him know I appreciated the help and we’re only 2 nights so wasn’t sure we’d see him again. He very sincerely explained it’s all good, he never looks at it as being stiffed when overall he enjoys this job helping people at BLT and is treated very well.

I'm a pretty habitual over-tipper. Most of the time, if anyone from Bell services touches my bags they will get a tip. Even if it is them just taking them from me when I drop off at the Bell desk or when they give them to me when I pickup at the desk. Usually I tip $1/bag when I dropoff or pickup directly at the desk. If they help me unload or load my car or deliver to my room they will get $2-$3 per bag.

Edited to fix a typo

Last edited:
I only do both because I really don’t know when to do it! I’ve researched it and there doesn’t seem to be a consensus.
We do: at arrival (out of car), and again when delivered to the room. Then repeat on the way back out when leaving. Only bc I really don’t know and it’s always different people!
Lol, yes, me too! I figure it's better to err on the side of "over" tipping, but I'm still not sure what the norm is.

I tip both at drop off and pick up/delivery. Someone took or delivered the bags. I tip both ways; five per bag.
We always arrive early. I appreciate that they are holding my stuff until the room is ready.

I'm not sure if further discussion is in order as tipping threads usually get closed. But I wanted to mention that bell service tips are pooled. The person you tip does not get to keep it all.

I tip both dropping off and picking up. They work hard and I feel bad seeing so many people not tip at all. I usually only leave a carryon and backpack, I do not have bags brought to my room ever,

last year at the Swan there were a lot of business types picking up bags and no one was tipping. I gave the guy a couple of bucks for my carryon and he seemed very appreciative.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter