When does Disney adjust their hours?

davg598

Earning My Ears
Hey Y'all.

We are heading to Disney November 7-12th (Not from Jersey) and I heard the times usually gets extended the month before usually. Anyone knows when it Disney usually adjusts their schedule for Magic Kingdom? Saturday and Sunday are the only non party days. Hoping they extend the hours for that weekend since Monday is Veteran's Day and it is Jersey Week.

Thoughts?

I have been in the park when they made an announcement that the park was staying open latter ( I think it was two hours) so I would say you will know the park hours when the park closes for the day. As when Disney normal dose this that is always different. I would just keep checking the park hours

The simple answer is when ever they want to. I've seen the hours extended 2 months before,a week before, a few days before. have not been in the park the day the hours extended yet, maybe this trip?
Waiting, but haven't seen any extended hours for our trip yet.

Who knows this year, but we have been during Jersey Week the past two years and both times the hours have been extended just about 3 weeks before (and then more FPs are added). So all my fingers are crossed for it to happen again this year. See ya there!

There is no "set" or "usual" time before the actual dates when to expect changes.
It will happen (if it happens) 7-45 days in advance, with some adjustments possible up until day-of.

Yep - up to and including the day of which we have seen often during our October trips :)

I think two weeks ago they extended hours for October and up to November 3 or 4.

I'm hoping and waiting for an extension for the rest of Jersey Week. Especially 11/10. It's PM EMH at MK. Last year it was open until midnight with EMH until 2 am. I'm really hoping for the same this year.

I had done some searching a few months ago trying to find when hours were extended last year for the same week in Nov. It was on a Friday in mid October - I want to say October 13. It seemed to be a pattern that the mid-month on a Friday hours were updated for the next month. I'm guessing it will happen on October 12 this year. We'll see! :-)

I have been in the park when they made an announcement that the park was staying open latter ( I think it was two hours) so I would say you will know the park hours when the park closes for the day. As when Disney normal dose this that is always different. I would just keep checking the park hours
I’ve had the same experience. We were there during Spring Break and it was at capacity and they announced they were staying open until 2am. It had been scheduled for 12am.

I’ve had the same experience. We were there during Spring Break and it was at capacity and they announced they were staying open until 2am. It had been scheduled for 12am.
Love when that happens it only happened once in the 4 years going 30+ times a year at the MK but it was nice. Wonder if we where there the same night.

Hey Y'all.

We are heading to Disney November 7-12th (Not from Jersey) and I heard the times usually gets extended the month before usually. Anyone knows when it Disney usually adjusts their schedule for Magic Kingdom? Saturday and Sunday are the only non party days. Hoping they extend the hours for that weekend since Monday is Veteran's Day and it is Jersey Week.

Thoughts?
Just curious - why clarify that you’re not from New Jersey?

We'll be there on Oct. 21-26. It appears that the MK hours have been adjusted slightly, and that happened within the past 7-10 days, from my not-so-scientific monitoring.

Just curious - why clarify that you’re not from New Jersey?

"Jersey Week". Public schools in New Jersey have the Thursday and Friday off in the first week of November, so a lot of parents grab the opportunity to take a family vacation. It's rumoured to increase crowds in the parks, but most of what I've read says that if there's any real impact, it's very slight.

I have been wondering the same thing for the week of Thanksgiving. I was able to find the hours for the same week last year. Maybe the hours will be similar this year?

I have been wondering the same thing for the week of Thanksgiving. I was able to find the hours for the same week last year.

Maybe the hours will be similar this year?

Maybe.

They just changed animal kingdom hours on October 20. Closing one hour earlier. Found out when my fast pass was no longer available. - they replaced Kilimanjaro safari fast pass with Nemo show at an earlier time. It looks like they cancelled the later ROL show too. Do you think that they are no getting the crowds they thought they would?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter