When does DP activate

Da Bird is Da Word

Earning My Ears
My upcoming trip is in 10 days, will be staying at the Polynesian resort for 7 nights with rented DVC points and the standard Disney Dining Plan.

We can’t check in to the Polynesian on Day 1 of our vacation until 4pm, but we’re getting the day started long before that. We want to rope-drop Magic Kingdom on the 1st day, before we’ve checked in to our Resort. The plan is to enjoy lunch at Crystal Palace with the Dining Plan and then leaving the park for a mid-day break and to check in to the Resort at 4pm.

Is this doable? The reason I ask is because I did some Googling and read somewhere that your Dining Plan credits don’t become available to you until after you’ve checked in to your Resort. And if that’s the case, then sounds like we won’t be able to use our Dining Plan before 4pm on the 1st day of our trip.

I would just like some clarity on this topic, thanks!

DDP credits have always activated on check-in day. Your 2:30pm ADR should work fine, and if you wanted to use snack credits that morning at MK that should work too!

The same goes for check-out day (you’ll have until midnight to use the remaining credits).

DDP credits have always activated on check-in day. Your 2:30pm ADR should work fine, and if you wanted to use snack credits that morning at MK that should work too!

The same goes for check-out day (you’ll have until midnight to use the remaining credits).
Thanks! This is my first time using the DP so I wasn’t sure. That’s good to know 😎

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter