When has ToT been “selling out”?

chekhovgirl

DIS Veteran
As of this week, when are the ToT LL typically gone for the day?

We’ll be at DHS soon and are staying off-site. Last October we were on-site and there the first day of Genie+!

We are “rope dropping” ROTR since we likely won’t be able to buy passes like last time. Our top priority other than that is ToT, but if we don’t get a LL for SDD I don’t think we will ride it and I would really like to. We did standby last time and I thought an hour felt long! If we get SDD at 7am, will we be able to get ToT afterward? The lines are so long right now…

Thank you!

According to thrill-data.com, Tower of Terror LL has been selling out around 10:00 am this past week. So if you don't choose it as your 7:00 (or better yet, 7:17) am pick, you will probably be out of luck for getting an LL for it.

According to thrill-data.com, Tower of Terror LL has been selling out around 10:00 am this past week. So if you don't choose it as your 7:00 (or better yet, 7:17) am pick, you will probably be out of luck for getting an LL for it.
I know they sometimes release more after 7, but why “better yet, 7:17?” Thanks!

I know they sometimes release more after 7, but why “better yet, 7:17?” Thanks!
LL times for the paid IALL attractions (like ROTR) have been appearing at 7:17 and have been easier to get with a desired return time than right at 7 AM.

My observation, though, is that the pattern for the Genie+ attractions is different.

If getting a LL for TOT is a priority I would recommend getting it right at 7 AM. If you want something for later in the day you could hold off until the return time gets later. It will almost certainly not “sell out” before the park opens.

If you are trying to get TOT as your second LL, that might be difficult on a busy day unless you can get a first one (like Slinky) with a return time shortly after park opening and get your second one for TOT right after you ride Slinky.

LL times for the paid IALL attractions (like ROTR) have been appearing at 7:17 and have been easier to get with a desired return time than right at 7 AM.

My observation, though, is that the pattern for the Genie+ attractions is different.

If getting a LL for TOT is a priority I would recommend getting it right at 7 AM. If you want something for later in the day you could hold off until the return time gets later. It will almost certainly not “sell out” before the park opens.

If you are trying to get TOT as your second LL, that might be difficult on a busy day unless you can get a first one (like Slinky) with a return time shortly after park opening and get your second one for TOT right after you ride Slinky.

You're right. 7:17 is much more relevant to ILL than to G+ LL selections.

At least with G+LL, if a 7:00 booking ends up with an unacceptable time, you can always cancel it, and a better time is likely to be available after about 7:10 or so.

Be warned, though, that when you cancel an LL, it may take the app a while to reset your eligibility. I learned this the hard way by cancelling a ToT LL which I booked at 7:00 (because I ended up with an afternoon return time when we would not be in the park). When I tried to re-book, the app said we were all ineligible, which confused me at the time, and only later did I realize that our eligibility had been restored (by which time it was too late to get the morning ToT time that I had wanted).

Even if ToT is unavailable, there's a good chance you can pull one by refreshing ("fiddle-faddling"). Be persistent and quick. For our Hollywood Studios day last Friday we got to ride everything we wanted and a few things twice thanks to Early Entry, Genie+, and purchasing ILL for Rise. The LL we were able to get included SDD, ToT, RnRC, MMRR, and TSM.

I’m thinking we are going to go straight to ROTR (can’t get ILL and this is our #1, we know it breaks down, we may even do it at park open and close), then try and ride Slinky right afterward. As for our first Genie+ selection, I think we will try and do TOT, but I would want a later return time, so I guess we’ll just monitor that and book when it’s around the return that we want. If it turns out that is much later and we can stack some LL, then that works.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter