When Hoop Dee Doo is Over.....

JZCubed

DIS Veteran
DVC Platinum
Can anyone chime in with details about what leaving Hoop Dee Doo is like?

Trying to understand how long it's gonna' take to get to Contemporary after the show.

I understand there is a small boat - but is this usually crowded enough that folks are likely to wait the 30-minutes for the boat to return?

Is a Minnie Van a better option?

Is it a better option to take a bus to Magic Kingdom from Fort Wilderness and then walk back to Contemporary?

Any advice/experiences are welcome.

As always, thank you in advance.

It is closer to the boat dock than to the buses. I would take a boat over a bus.

I have never waited 30 minutes for a boat in the magic kingdom loop.

When we left, there were dedicated buses at the bottom of the hill that were going straight to MK. They were leaving as soon as they were full. Depending on how the boat timing is, I think that could be fastest.

To be clear, these were not the internal shuttles that would require you to then transfer to another bus on the other side of the resort. These were timed for HDDR's ending time to go straight to the MK bus loop.

We rode the boat when we did HDDR last year. However, we were on the first boat to leave and did not have much of a wait. If you are not on the first boat out, then I can see a loooooong wait time. Have not tried the busses, so can not say with any authority which is best option. Most people arrive in intervals over an hour or longer, but when it's time to leave, ALL are trying to leave by whatever they believe to be the fastest mode of transportation.

The launch from FW to Contemporary and back leave pretty regularly (approx every 10 minutes) unless there are weather problems. If you have the worst luck it'll be a 30 minute wait. Otherwise expect about 10 minutes and shortly there after why you'll be at the back door of your hotel. The boat is a launch and holds about 30 people not a jitney which only holds about 10 people. Enjoyable ride as well.

We were the slow getting out on Friday night and went to the bathroom. We waited a few minutes for a boat and got right on. We stopped at the contemporary and the WL. It wasn’t long at all.

Either get on the first boat out, or hang around for 30-45 minutes on the beach until the outgoing crowd thins out. I wouldn't pay for the Minnie Van for the contemporary unless you needed to be back very quickly. Personally, I just love that boat ride at night but YMMV.

After HDDR, we actually stick around for a while. One of our favorite memories is walking down to the beach and playing old-school tether ball before getting on a boat back to MK.

Yep, depending on which time of show you go to...head to the chip-n-dale campfire (free) or take a hayrack ride around the resort (extra fee). I would soak up this resort, not bolt to leave it!

Take a minnie van, we love HDDR but getting out of there, even with the boat is something we dread.
Everyone heads for the boats since they’re so close which means long waits for both Contemporary/WL and MK. I think we waited for three boats to get on. I wound still take the boats next time but plan to haul out of there ahead of the crowds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter