when is best? Feb, Mar or April?

newholidayx2

<font color=green>Searching for the perfect tree<b
Ready to book a return trip for 6months from now. Just returned this past Sat Aug 27 and cant wait an entire year to return! So when is best time? Feb, Mar or April? It will be a solo trip - family vacation is Aug 12-26, 2006. Want to avoid both Feb & Apr school vacation wks and cheerleaders in March. Will most likely stay at VWL solo and BCV will be Aug.

If the Flower and Garden show begins in April, that's when I would go!

Enjoy planning your new trip!

Bobbi :flower:

I would go for Flower and Garden too, but late enough to avoid the spring break crowds.

If you want to visit during the least crowded time (and least costly points-wise) for the 3 months you mention, go during the first half of February.

Best wishes -

I've been at all 3 times. I agree with the advice of trying to avoid the Easter break. The flower and graden show is nice if you are into that kind of thing. February can be a bit cool sometimes but I prefer it cool myself. March is great if you like baseball as you can probably take in a Braves spring training game. April the weather is pretty good actually but again avoid Easter/spring break. May, if we go in May I try to get the 1st two weeks as after that it starts being too warm for my tastes. All in all I don't think you can go wrong in Feb, March, or April.

It can be cold in early Feb, although the crowds are quite low, so if you don't mind it being a little chilly early Feb would be my first choice . Mid Feb-Mid April is spring break time for many colleges, I'd avoid those times. The last week of April everyone is back in school, the weather is great, and Flower and Garden will be on at Epcot. It's a bit more crowded than earlier Feb, but still very do-able. Take a look here if you haven't already for historical attendance levels at WDW:

http://allearsnet.com/pl/attend.htm

We had weather mostly in the high 70's, low 80's last Feb; with 1 or 2 days in the mid 60's (still felt warm to us coming from up North).

We were @ WDW from the Wednesday before to the Tuesday after Presidents' Day/Daytona Weekend. It would never be my 1st choice again...crowds became very large on Friday and escalated to absolute gridlock on Monday afternoon @ the MK (Epcot was not quite so crowded).

Staying @ the AS Mo we also had the pleasure of cheerleading & twirling groups.

Good luck.

Feb has Marti Gras (1st or 2nd wk)
Mar. baseball
April has F&GF with flower power bands at Epcot

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter