When is Jersey Week this Year?

jliucci

Mouseketeer
Can someone please advise what dates are considered "jersey week" this year in Disney. We are booked Nov 13th to the 19th. If we happen to be visiting during jersey week can someone advise how the crowds will be?

Thank you!

11/7-11/11

Schools are closed 11/10 and 11/11 with some schools having off election day and/or half days the beginning of the week.

Wine and dine half marathon is the first week- Nov 2-5. Food and wine festival at Epcot ends Nov 19 (festival of holidays start Nov 25).

It will be the start of Christmas parties at MK so watch out for that (MK closes early).

That week has 4 Christmas parties-11/14, 15, 17 & 18; wow!

I would expect MK to be super crowded on 11/16

Can someone please advise what dates are considered "jersey week" this year in Disney. We are booked Nov 13th to the 19th. If we happen to be visiting during jersey week can someone advise how the crowds will be?

Thank you!

We are booked the 13th to 19th too! Our school district in Jersey is off the entire week (Nov 7th-11th) which is how we landed on these dates, purposefully avoiding "Jersey week" lol.

We are there that week as well and figuring which day to what has been a challenge. The 16th is our MK day 😵‍💫😢

If fireworks are important then MK on the 16th would be the only way to watch them unless you are checking in on Sun Nov 13 (earlier in the day) and can add a day OR are paying for one of the Christmas parties (can enter at 4 pm).

Just a side note; it makes no sense to me why the entertainment calendar (fireworks) is being released slowly and at the same time as ADRs, we need to know hours before and book park passes before we book ADRs.

Last edited:
If fireworks are important then MK on the 16th would be the only way to watch them unless you are checking in on Sun Nov 13 (earlier in the day) and can add a day OR are paying for one of the Christmas parties (can enter at 4 pm).

Just a side note; it makes no sense to me why the entertainment calendar (fireworks) is being released slowly and at the same time as ADRs, we need to know hours before and book park passes before we book ADRs.
We are planning to attend fireworks on the 16th, but we will arrive on the 13th and could possibly go then.

Interesting. I wonder if we should switch our park days around. We thought going that Wednesday would be better than going on Sat or Sun due to the holiday weekend and the end of Jersey week. Unfortunately we can only go one day to each park but now I wonder if I should switch them around.

And I totally agree about the entertainment schedule. So frustrating!!

Interesting. I wonder if we should switch our park days around. We thought going that Wednesday would be better than going on Sat or Sun due to the holiday weekend and the end of Jersey week. Unfortunately we can only go one day to each park but now I wonder if I should switch them around.

And I totally agree about the entertainment schedule. So frustrating!!
It’s a tough one. Towards the end of that week (Nov 19+) you have the Thanksgiving crowd coming in. Sun Nov 13 might be better as people who are booked for the week prior are leaving; we usually book Epcot on our check in day as we’ve had flights cancelled/delayed multiple times post pandemic.

Everyone who is on vacation Nov 13-19 will probably choose Nov 16 as their MK day unless they do the party (ridiculously expensive right now for families) and getting a dessert party for that day will be very competitive. If you have the option to view fireworks on Nov 13, you could move your MK day to one of the party days where crowds might be lower. For us, MK is just extra special at night.

Another monkey wrench-the extended evening hours are on Wed, so deluxe guests will book Mk and/or hop to Mk, so that makes it an extra extra crowded day.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/extended-evening/

Also, Disney would probably add an hour or two to regular park hours two weeks in advance, so regular Mk hours will probably be until 11 pm or 12 am

4E19A189-1A6B-4202-BA4F-1061E9DF48DC.jpeg

Thanks so much for the info and advice @Disturbia. I really appreciate it. It’s a toss up. Seems like the difference between the weekend and that particular Wednesday will be sorta minimal. The weekend will be very busy with jersey week and Veterans Day weekend folks and then of course the 16th is the only weekday option without the holiday party. It’s looking like that whole week in general is just going to be very busy so we will need to pack our patience and do the best we can. 😊

We're planning to go this Fall, but would prefer to avoid Jersey Week. What dates will that be this year?

Thanks!

I'm trying to plan a Nov 2023 trip. Looking at arrive Wed 11-8 and depart on Tues 11-14 or arrive on Thus 11-9 and depart on Wed 11-15. Which days should have us miss most of Jersey week and potentially be there for 1st MVMCP?

Schools will be closed November 9-10 next year so jersey week “starts” November 6, 2023 for lots of kids.

I'm trying to plan a Nov 2023 trip. Looking at arrive Wed 11-8 and depart on Tues 11-14 or arrive on Thus 11-9 and depart on Wed 11-15. Which days should have us miss most of Jersey week and potentially be there for 1st MVMCP?
If you're avoiding Jersey week you will not be there for the first Christmas party of the season which IMO is a good thing. It will sell out and be full of every Disney Vlogger on earth.

If you're avoiding Jersey week you will not be there for the first Christmas party of the season which IMO is a good thing. It will sell out and be full of every Disney Vlogger on earth.
Thanks for the reminder of all the 'vloggers' attending. I'm re-looking at timing.

This year, the first few MVMCP dates were: Nov. 8, 10, 11, 14, and 15, 2022. Really only the 1st day of a party or festival is overrun with vloggers, maybe a few go on the 2nd day. I wouldn't hesitate planning to attend the 3rd or 4th MVMCP.

If you're still interested in vacationing either Nov. 8-14 or Nov. 9-15, I'd choose the later dates to have one more day at the parks with lower crowds, since so many will leave on that Sunday. It'll also give the parks and resorts one more day of your trip with additional Christmas decorations installed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter