• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When is our BOMA dinner? 5 5 5! When is it? 5? No, 5:55!! UPDATE May 28

Wow, you ripped through this Trip Report! Great storytelling, and it sounds like it was a really a fun trip.

LOL, btw, at hiding the trip from certain individuals. I think every family has the naysayers :)

In Which we End on a Heigh Ho Note

Magic Kingdom!

We arrived as it was beginning to get dark outside. I just love the parks in the evening! The lights make everything seem extra pixie dusted.

Our main goal was to ride some of our favorites that we missed earlier in the trip and to see the Wishes fireworks. First we headed to the Mad Tea Party. Since the girls have gotten taller, we cannot fit all four of us in one cup, so we split up.

Here is Katie demonstrating how NOT to sit in the seat.
Do NOT.jpg

And Emma and me:
Do NOT 2.jpg

Next, we headed to my beloved Dumbo. Though I find it very difficult to watch that movie because it is just so heartbreaking, I love the ride and the character of Dumbo! Moving it and doubling the capacity was a brilliant move.

Dumbo ride.jpg Dumbo.jpg
We checked out the Big Top Souvenirs for a few minutes, trying on some ridiculous hats. They are cute but look really HOT!

sorcerer.jpg
maleficent.jpg

Next we decided to head towards Big Thunder so we could ride at night. On the way we bought a second light up bubble gun for the girls.

I thought riding in the dark might freak Katie out a little. Just the opposite! She LOVED it even more and claimed it was less intense. Maybe, just maybe she has been converted into a thrill-seeker?

I desperately wanted to ride the WDW Railroad. For the last two years, and it looks like again this year, the train has been down for refurbishment in the fall when we normally travel. Why, oh why?

My family indulged me and rode the train back to Fantasyland so we could queue up for Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. Tyson wanted to experience the interactive queue, which we missed when we rode the other day. The wait time was just 30 minutes since it was during Electric Light Parade. (Still miss Spectromagic. Have you seen the Paint the Night parade at Disneyland? So cool!!)

The line moved along pretty well and the games and activities were really cute! It started to sprinkle while we were riding, but it was really light. I loved riding this at night! The cottage scene is better in the dark.

The rain was kind of off and on, but we wanted to see Wishes. So, we headed up through Tomorrowland, hit a restroom (of course) and found a spot on Main Street with no one filming with their iPad or hoisting a child onto their shoulders.

My ringtone is “When You Wish Upon a Star,” by Jiminy Cricket, so, of course, I love Wishes. Could use an update, however. We enjoyed the show, as always. Disney really knows how to put on a fireworks display!!

Perfect way to end a perfect trip!

We headed toward the Wilderness Lodge Boat Dock. Luckily, it’s covered because the rain really picked up then. While waiting, we met a really sweet couple celebrating their anniversary (maybe 40th?). And, some children were totally losing it. But, we got a spot on the boat and had to pause for the Electric Water Pageant, which was new to me on this trip. If you’ve never seen it, it’s so kitschy and awesome!! The octopus rocks!! We loved seeing it time and again as we traveled around Bay Lake.

On the way home, we shot bubbles out the window and got the people sitting behind us. Ooops! Luckily, they were good-natured about it.

Back at Wilderness, we walked the girls up to the room. They were exhausted, in a great way! The grown-ups headed back to Territory Lounge to enjoy one last martini. Tyson wanted a little snack, nothing big. They offer food at TL, but it’s fancy stuff from Artist Point, which was fine, just not what we were looking for. The CM hooked us up with some house-made potato chips that were yummy!

I have to give a shout out to the entire staff at Wilderness. They are a fantastic group of people. We had wonderful service the entire time.

And, with that, we went to bed so we could hit the road first thing in the morning for our 9 hour drive. Boo!

One more wrap up post to come!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter