• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When is The Cake Bake Shop Bakery opening?

LeeAnn

DIS Veteran
What is the opening date for The Cake Bake Shop Bakery?
Will be there in 9 days, any possibility it will be open?

My daughter was just at the Carmel, IN shop recently and was told that a lot of the decor items are hard to get now and waiting on those items. Won’t open until it is pure perfection. Funny they just recently started renovating. I’m sure this was told to her by a server that doesn’t know the whole story.

Bummer..,I’m going in May..If I can go again for a few days in the fall, I’d love to try it

Any guesses as to when this will open? I heard they have only now gotten permits to do the interior work.

It’s all torn up and they only started putting it back together this week. Once they put the roof and walls back together I imagine it will take a while to install all the kitchen and interior stuff. Maybe last summer, probably early fall.

My daughter was at the Carmel location recently and talked to a higher up person and was told it won’t be till 2024. But you never know, maybe late 2023 then the fabulous Xmas decorations will be in place.

Any updates on when this location will open? I really hope it's open by our next trip in Jan/Feb 2024. I was very disappointed this past Jan/Feb 2023 when it was nowhere near being done. Keeping my fingers crossed for our next trip.

Reconstruction has been going pretty slow. Last week it looked like they put the new roof on, then took it off, then put it on again. Still doesn’t have any windows or the upper half, plus all the interior work to do. I don’t see how they open it until fall.

Reconstruction has been going pretty slow. Last week it looked like they put the new roof on, then took it off, then put it on again. Still doesn’t have any windows or the upper half, plus all the interior work to do. I don’t see how they open it until fall.
They should just re-concept it as an open-air restaurant and open the damn thing next week already.

My sister lives in Florida she says Disney always pays low/ bids low for construction, they’d why it always takes so looong. Universal pays more which is probably why less construction delays there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter