When is the earliest time I can get into the park and best touring plan

DrClinky

Earning My Ears
My daughter (19) will be in DLP on Monday June 6th. She is staying off site and will have a park hopper pass for one day. She has been raised on special family trips to DL and WDW :). The posts here have been very helpful. A few questions...
1. We love rope drops and taking advantage of the lower lines early in the day. Staying off sight, unfortunately, she won't be one of the first in. What time would be the earliest she could get in? At WDW, we consistently were able to get in about 30-45 min earlier than what Disney posted on line, and this was valuable time. I know there will already be lines, but should she still hit the headliners first thing?
2. I always have had a plan using programs like touringplans.com or Ridemax for DL or WDW. But, I haven't been able to find anything like that for DLP. She wants to do as many rides & shows as possible. She is prioritizing rides that are more unique to this park like Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. She is thinking about starting in DLP and hitting more popular rides first, see some shows/parades and then skipping over to Studios, hit the unique rides there, and then once that park closes go back to DLP to do anything she hasn't done yet. She plans on hitting single rider lines for those rides that offer it and save any last long wait rides for close to closing time at both parks. Does that sound good? I much appreciate any advice or comments.
3. Being on a Monday, assuming that crowds are hopefully lower, do you think getting a reservation for Lion King performance is still worth it?
She is super excited and I am super excited for her. Thanks for any input.

Not French but familiar enough with the culture to tell you that Monday is a holiday there. I imagine it will be busy.

It's not just a bank holiday in France, it's a bank holiday in most of Europe. It is one of the best times of the year for long weekend getaways.
So, yes, it's going to be busy. However, with Disneyland Park open till 23:00 she should be able to get most done.
This is one day where buying the Premier Access bundle (formerly known as fastpass) would make a lot of sense.

1. Early Magic Hours are from 8:30 to 9:30 for Hotel guests and certain AP holders. And 9:30 for the others.
I haven't been a day guest for years, but the French like the rules. Be prepared for not getting in the park before 9:30.

2. You didn't find a Touringplans.com similar website because they do not exist ;-)
If she wants to prioritize rides, she should either be at the Studios at their opening time, or right before closing to get the shortest lines. The unique ride here is Crush Coaster. Tower of Terror is a bit different from WDW and DL, so might be interesting as well. There are some good shows in the Studios, but also, the Studios is being very small at the moment due to the all the refurbishments for Marvelland. So I would advise either skip the Studios, go at park opening or closing.
Whatever she does, do not go on Route 66. It takes forever, and it's really underwhelming unless you are 5 and a massive Cars fan.

Single rider lines, on the website it's still displayed that they are not in use due to Corona. You are in close proximity to a stranger. They might be open, as the website information is not always up to date, but also here be prepared that she might not be able to use them.
If they are open, there are 5 rides where there is a single rider line: Space Mountain in the park and Crush, Toy Story Soldier Parachute Drop, RC Racer and Ratatouille.

I think her initial plan is good, what I would advise the following, assuming she is not using Premier Access passes.
- Download the app, study the map and get familiar with the parks. As the lay out is slightly different. Where our Pirates is, is Galaxy's Edge in California etc. No time to go in the wrong direction.

- Be there at least an hour before park opening. There will be lines at security (everyone goes through an airport scanner), and then she will be send into the day guest queue, hotel/AP guests will go into a different one.

- Stick to the left, go through the left arcade and use the covered walk way at the end on her left to get a shortcut into Frontierland. Big Thunder Mountain is her first stop. When the line splits when she enters the building part of the queue, take the left lane. Do Phantom Manor and then Pirates after. Big Thunder will have the longest lines, Phantom Manor and Pirates have huge capacity so will go quickest. As she is in this side of the park, I would do Indiana Jones next. After this, cross over to the other side to do Space Mountain, if possible with Single Rider. These are the big rides in Disneyland park.

- Lunch, eat at off times, either before 11:30 or after 14:00 to avoid the rush. DLP is only implementing mobile order now, so it's only at Casey's (the hot dogs are among my favs. in the park). I would highly recommend using it if she can.

- Shows, the 30th anniversary hub show is great and performed several times a day. She should be able to find a decent spot for one of the shows. The Lion King, Rhythms of Prideland does have a 15 euro guaranteed seating option. This is one day where it would be beneficial to pay for it. It's a great and popular show. On a busy day like this, I wouldn't be surprised to have long lines here. It can happen that you get in line at 10:30/11:00 for the 12:00 show, only to find out the show is full, and you can only get into the next show. Maybe it's not that bad, but I have seen it happen.

- As she is a 19 year old on a one day visit who is familiar with US parks, I would say, skip all the Fantasyland kiddie rides. there are very similar to US counterparts and a 90 second Snow White dark ride is not worth a 45+ minute wait. Or save them for later when she returns when the Studios closes, as by this time most families with small children have done it and Fantasyland should be quieter. Parts of Fantasyland close early due to the fireworks, so keep in mind that it's not open all day.

- Option one is to go to explore all the distractions and unique things Disneyland Paris has, like the castle, the grottos near Pirates, Aladdin walkthrough, Alice in Wonderland, etc. really enjoy how beautiful the park is.
Option two is go to the Studios to see Mickey and the Magician (which also has a 15 euro guaranteed access ticket) it's a great show, in the same style as Mickey and the Magical Map in California. Like in California the two parks are next to each other so park hopping is very easy and quick.

I am an AP holder and therefore I usually avoid busy days like this. It's hard for me to guess timing on everything.
It'll be busy, but I'm sure she will have a great time :) Have her go in with a positive attitude, that everything she gets to do is a bonus and also: there will be cultural differences. There have been some recent threads on this topic, let her read those. Just because it has the label 'Disney' doesn't mean it's the same kind of 'Disney' as in the US.

Great advice from Karin, I'll just add that in May when we were there the single ride lines for Crush, Ratatouille and Parachutes were open. (Didnt pay attention to those in Disneyland Park) The 30th show should not be missed! And when the lines are too long, just taking in the beauty of the park is a great option.

It's not just a bank holiday in France, it's a bank holiday in most of Europe. It is one of the best times of the year for long weekend getaways.
So, yes, it's going to be busy. However, with Disneyland Park open till 23:00 she should be able to get most done.
This is one day where buying the Premier Access bundle (formerly known as fastpass) would make a lot of sense.

1. Early Magic Hours are from 8:30 to 9:30 for Hotel guests and certain AP holders. And 9:30 for the others.
I haven't been a day guest for years, but the French like the rules. Be prepared for not getting in the park before 9:30.

2. You didn't find a Touringplans.com similar website because they do not exist ;-)
If she wants to prioritize rides, she should either be at the Studios at their opening time, or right before closing to get the shortest lines. The unique ride here is Crush Coaster. Tower of Terror is a bit different from WDW and DL, so might be interesting as well. There are some good shows in the Studios, but also, the Studios is being very small at the moment due to the all the refurbishments for Marvelland. So I would advise either skip the Studios, go at park opening or closing.
Whatever she does, do not go on Route 66. It takes forever, and it's really underwhelming unless you are 5 and a massive Cars fan.

Single rider lines, on the website it's still displayed that they are not in use due to Corona. You are in close proximity to a stranger. They might be open, as the website information is not always up to date, but also here be prepared that she might not be able to use them.
If they are open, there are 5 rides where there is a single rider line: Space Mountain in the park and Crush, Toy Story Soldier Parachute Drop, RC Racer and Ratatouille.

I think her initial plan is good, what I would advise the following, assuming she is not using Premier Access passes.
- Download the app, study the map and get familiar with the parks. As the lay out is slightly different. Where our Pirates is, is Galaxy's Edge in California etc. No time to go in the wrong direction.

- Be there at least an hour before park opening. There will be lines at security (everyone goes through an airport scanner), and then she will be send into the day guest queue, hotel/AP guests will go into a different one.

- Stick to the left, go through the left arcade and use the covered walk way at the end on her left to get a shortcut into Frontierland. Big Thunder Mountain is her first stop. When the line splits when she enters the building part of the queue, take the left lane. Do Phantom Manor and then Pirates after. Big Thunder will have the longest lines, Phantom Manor and Pirates have huge capacity so will go quickest. As she is in this side of the park, I would do Indiana Jones next. After this, cross over to the other side to do Space Mountain, if possible with Single Rider. These are the big rides in Disneyland park.

- Lunch, eat at off times, either before 11:30 or after 14:00 to avoid the rush. DLP is only implementing mobile order now, so it's only at Casey's (the hot dogs are among my favs. in the park). I would highly recommend using it if she can.

- Shows, the 30th anniversary hub show is great and performed several times a day. She should be able to find a decent spot for one of the shows. The Lion King, Rhythms of Prideland does have a 15 euro guaranteed seating option. This is one day where it would be beneficial to pay for it. It's a great and popular show. On a busy day like this, I wouldn't be surprised to have long lines here. It can happen that you get in line at 10:30/11:00 for the 12:00 show, only to find out the show is full, and you can only get into the next show. Maybe it's not that bad, but I have seen it happen.

- As she is a 19 year old on a one day visit who is familiar with US parks, I would say, skip all the Fantasyland kiddie rides. there are very similar to US counterparts and a 90 second Snow White dark ride is not worth a 45+ minute wait. Or save them for later when she returns when the Studios closes, as by this time most families with small children have done it and Fantasyland should be quieter. Parts of Fantasyland close early due to the fireworks, so keep in mind that it's not open all day.

- Option one is to go to explore all the distractions and unique things Disneyland Paris has, like the castle, the grottos near Pirates, Aladdin walkthrough, Alice in Wonderland, etc. really enjoy how beautiful the park is.
Option two is go to the Studios to see Mickey and the Magician (which also has a 15 euro guaranteed access ticket) it's a great show, in the same style as Mickey and the Magical Map in California. Like in California the two parks are next to each other so park hopping is very easy and quick.

I am an AP holder and therefore I usually avoid busy days like this. It's hard for me to guess timing on everything.
It'll be busy, but I'm sure she will have a great time :) Have her go in with a positive attitude, that everything she gets to do is a bonus and also: there will be cultural differences. There have been some recent threads on this topic, let her read those. Just because it has the label 'Disney' doesn't mean it's the same kind of 'Disney' as in the US.
Thank you so much for all the details. LOVE IT! Much appreciated.

My DH and I are going for the 1st time in July and I found this information very helpful!! Thanks for taking the time to write this!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter